a mini comparison

Kurby

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou
I was reading a post about SS and the way the op described it sounded like the Caribbean Beach Resort.

We have stayed at the Caribbean but not SSR - how the resort is laid out and how the bus have many stops instead of the value resorts where everyone goes to one bus stop.

is that a fair comparison

both OKW and SSR were designed like CBR.

I was hoping that SSR they would have learned and make it more like POR - but no - still more like CBR.

they do require you to walk - or ride the bus. the bus stops at HH (for OKW) before leaving, I think the bus stop opposite SSR main pool before leaving (Springs).

Most moderates and deluxes have more than one stop. All of the moderates except FQ have more than one stop. OKW, SSR also has more than one stop. I assume AKV will also have more than one stop once the new building is done.

I think multiple stops depends on the layout. PORFQ has one stop, Riverside has multiple stops. CSR, OKW, SSR and CBR have multiple stops while the hotel-style deluxes have one stop. I believe the values have one stop.

I hope AKV has multiple stops.

The deluxes might only have one actual bus stop for their resort, however since they stop at other resorts and pick up other guests, I really see no difference in them and the moderates. They are still making multiple stops prior to going to the park.

Actually AKL has the best bus transportation as they don't share buses with anyone.

Even though SSR and OKW are spead out like CBR, I don't find them similar in that SSR and OKW have check in and dining and the shops in one building, where CBR doesn't. I find SSR and OKW to be similar to POR since there are multiple bus stops, but one central location for front desk, dining and shops.

Also, I think you park nearer to your room at OKW and CBR. SSR has hallways like a hotel, but they are outside instead of inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter