• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A New Adventure Calls to Us- a Disneyland Paris TR extravaganza! COMPLETED 3/15

Love the multiple photo shoots in front of the castle lol obviously they are very different with and without coat! Plus, options!!
Yes, thank you for understanding!

Ugh I miss the days when WDW used to let you return any time after your window. That was such a glorious time 😭
RIP, open FPs. You are loved.

Why would one put their flashlight on during an entire ride?? Some people are so strange!
I have NO IDEA!!

that I guarantee didn't come out and she probably never looked at again.
Exactly, 100%, the truth.

SO excited to come across this TR. We are planning a trip to ITALY this summer and I decided since we are there already we need to stop in at Disneyland Paris. Trying to soak up as much information as possible to make this trip successful, was planning on about 2 park days and hope that's enough to hit the big things in both parks. Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Trying not to ruin it too much for me.

SO excited to come across this TR. We are planning a trip to ITALY this summer and I decided since we are there already we need to stop in at Disneyland Paris. Trying to soak up as much information as possible to make this trip successful, was planning on about 2 park days and hope that's enough to hit the big things in both parks. Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Trying not to ruin it too much for me.
Oh that will be fun! I try to put anything super spoiler-y in a spoiler tag so hopefully not too much has been ruined!

The ride was definitely fun and a cool departure from the versions in the US parks, although there are a few things I don’t like about it. The seats are really hard to get into and it’s crazy shaky. My brains felt like soup afterward. I thought since it wasn’t as old as the other Space Mountains that it would be a little smoother but it actually was pretty rough.
Also, the sound effects weren’t working in our car so we didn’t get the full Hyperspace experience. Also also my hair got caught in the seat and ripped out when I tried to exit. So not an amazing first ride, but not the worst.
That sucks about the music and hair pulling! I did like the ride, though could only stand 2x in a row! I felt better on it than I do on RnRC, though that could have also been Star Wars helping encourage me!
Oh my goodness guys. BTMRR at DLP might be my favorite Disney ride ever. I think it even beat my current fave, Expedition Everest. It’s fast and thrilling and such a long ride.
It is pretty awesome! In my top 10 rides for sure!
I’m secretly glad of the Disneyland upgrade and I hope it reopens as Snow White’s Not So Scary Adventure.
Yup, me too! (I had a traumatic experience when the ride broke down while I was alone, in the scary forest, in the dark and noises continuing for several minutes. Not fun. P.S. I was 30 at that time)
I thought it was interesting that there were some families who waited in line for the restaurant to open, then got turned away because they didn’t have reservations. But the restaurant was almost empty so there was definitely room for them. Maybe they were just making reservations for later? IDK.
I can never understand DLP food operations!
We got an awesome spot right in front of the platform where Mickey, Minnie, and Louie hang out and waited about 25 minutes for the show to start.

Great photo!
The queue wasn’t too long but this big family kept trying to subtly push in front of us. Jon and I teamed up and spanned the width of the walkways so they wouldn’t be able to cut. But wouldn’t you know it, we all got put on the same boat together and the patriarch of said family had his FLASH LIGHT on for like 1/3 of the ride.

Not just taking flash photos, but his actual flash light on his phone. On. All the way.

Ugh.

Oh well. If I remember right, that was one of the worst guest interactions we had and it really wasn’t all that bad, just annoying.
Same thing happened to me in Pirates. That queue is just too wide. I actually grabbed the dad on his shoulder and yelled at him, which made him and his family sheepishly go back behind me!

(Oh and I accidentally deleted the quote - but Peter Pan is basically the same as the US parks. Except the ship has 2 rows instead of 1.)
49190590827_514c4efbca_b.jpg
The sky matches the castle!
Dad still had his daughter on his shoulders when the show started so Selfie Stick Man used his superior intellect and found a way to record the show anyway- by extending his selfie stick to maximum length above everyone’s head.

Welcome to Disneyland Paris, I hope you like watching things through other people’s phone screens.

Stuff like this really gets to me, man. I’m all about capturing vacation memories (I mean you guys have seen how many photos I take), but I do my best to keep my camera/phone within the frame of my own body. If I do have to raise it up, I try to get my shot then bring it right back down. Plus, there are actual professional vloggers who have much better video footage available FOR FREE on YouTube.
Seriously!!! I get taking a few photos. Or if you really want video, sure. But don't infringe on someone else's view! Someone tried to use a selfie stick with their phone on flash mode inside the Mickey and the Magician theatre! And they were in the 3rd row! Luckily they were pretty obvious so a CM came over and stopped them.
I feel the need to mention that the American Embassy joke is not my own, but was too good not to share.
It is pretty hilarious! And true, unfortunately!

(Forgot to quote again on the dateable quiz)
At least you are guys are still young and can find someone else now...

I felt better on it than I do on RnRC, though that could have also been Star Wars helping encourage me!
I thought it was a little more rough than RNRC, but neither one is a smooth ride for sure.

Yup, me too! (I had a traumatic experience when the ride broke down while I was alone, in the scary forest, in the dark and noises continuing for several minutes. Not fun. P.S. I was 30 at that time)
Oh yikes, yeah I would probably not get on the ride again after that.

That queue is just too wide. I actually grabbed the dad on his shoulder and yelled at him, which made him and his family sheepishly go back behind me!
I feel like I remember you mentioning that in your TR!

but Peter Pan is basically the same as the US parks. Except the ship has 2 rows instead of 1.)
Whew okay I wasn't crazy on that one

Someone tried to use a selfie stick with their phone on flash mode inside the Mickey and the Magician theatre! And they were in the 3rd row!
I just don't understand how that ever seems like an acceptable thing to do...

Lots of slow claps here- we hit up Walt Disney Studios

Our morning routine was an exact replica of the previous morning- from the alarm time to the table we sat at for breakfast. Even the food was the same (so if you’re eating in the Golden Forest Lounge, just know that they don’t rotate out any options). But it was still delicious so that was a win.

The main goal of the morning was to get to Crush’s Coaster at the Studios park. We should have gotten there earlier, but even so the wait time was 60 minutes just 18 minutes after park open. So getting there before RD is a serious suggestion if you don’t want to wait in line for an hour.

Jon thought for sure the actual wait wouldn’t be a full hour so we timed it. He was right- it was only 55 minutes.

The ride itself was super fun but very short. Very off-trend for a Disney coaster with that much going on. The lights are also not as dark as I think they should be, so the track is easily visible and it takes you out of the whole surfin the EAC vibe.

But hey, now we can say we’ve ridden it!

Side note- I think the ride would be 100x better if it was set to the Go With the Flow song from the Finding Nemo musical at DAK.

When we got off the ride it was right at 9:45am, which is when the Lineberty app opens up. (Disney Studios does a virtual queue system for characters and it uses the third party app. Spots open up at 9:45am and they get taken up for the day within moments). We were lucky to snag a pass to visit Daisy later in the day!

We didn’t really have a plan at this point so we puttered around and looked at wait times. RC Racer was 30 minutes, and Tower of Terror was 35. We didn’t feel like waiting that long for rides that we didn’t really have an interest in (or could ride the exact same thing at home).

So instead we went and picked up a FP for Ratatouille and got in line for the Studio Tram Tour. This one seems pretty identical to the one that used to be in DHS (except it’s in French), although I wouldn’t know for sure since I never got to ride the DHS version.

If you got to ride the tram tour in DHS then you already know this, but the tour is 90% super boring and 10% awesome and that 10% almost makes up for the other 90%. Catastrophe Canyon is pretty dope (but not as dope as Phantom Manor). There was also a scene from a movie where a dragon destroyed London and they simulated the fire coming out of a well. Not sure if that was at DHS or not (did I mention I never rode it?)

Once off the 10% Fun Tram Tour we had about 30 minutes until the FP for Ratatouille opened. We decided to explore the park and took photos, which took all of 15 minutes.

It’s such a small park, guys. The expansion is much-needed.

So far we had seen multiple groups get through FP lines a little early, so we decided to try our luck with about 10 minutes to spare. Naturally, our luck did not hold and the CM told us to wait. So we went directly across from them, sat on a planter, and watched approximately 5 people join the FP queue before it was our turn.

Whew good thing they made us wait, that crowd was out of control.

I know that sounds bitter, but we were just a little annoyed at that point because Ratatouille is like the one cool ride there and even the less cool rides still had strangely long wait times.

The ride was just as cute the 2nd time, and we caught on to even more details.

When we got off we thought we would try for a ToT FP but they were either already gone for the day or the machine wasn’t working. Either way, no ToT for us.

The only other thing we really wanted to accomplish in Studios was watching Mickey and the Magician. It was still about 30 minutes from the next show but we got in line anyway. As usual, Jon played phone games and I edited photos while we waited.

With about 10 minutes left until the show they opened the doors and we managed to get a very respectable seat, right in the center. Another hype person came out before the show to…you know…hype.

In my notes I have written ‘Another slow clap. Lots of slow claps here.’ And for the life of me I could not remember what this was about. But I remember now! Before the Lion King show the hype person started a slow clap to rev everyone up (I guess?) and the hype person for this show did the same thing. Maybe it’s a French thing, IDK.

Maybe it was the pre-show hype up but man, that show is phenomenal! The premise is that Mickey works for a magician but wants to be one himself. One night while the magician is away, Mickey gets into some magical mischief and some of his good friends help him find his magic. These good friends include Cinderella, Belle and the Beast, our pals from the Lion King, and Aladdin & Co.

The dancing is amazing, and there’s even a Friend Like Me tap break. I always talk to Jon about how Friend Like Me is an incredible song to tap to and LOOK I was RIGHT.

As for language, Mickey speaks French and the magician spoke mostly English. The other characters were half and half but it was super easy to follow along.

All in all, this show is probably my favorite part of the Studios Park.

We got out and it was our turn to meet Daisy. When we got there no one was in line so we got to walk right on up.

She’s cute in France, too.

I think this is the only character meet we did in all of DLP. I really only wanted to try for characters that we couldn’t meet at any of the US parks, but no one special was out and about that we could see.

Next my notes say Ratatouille, which I can only assume means we rode it one more time before leaving to go back to Parc Disneyland for lunch.

Up next- an amazing lunch and wonderful evening in Parc Disneyland!

We journey on!

Aside from Remy’s this was the meal I was most looking forward to at DLP- lunch at Walt’s. It’s on Main Street and it looks just like what you think a turn of the century restaurant would, except it’s all themed after Walt Disney.

The lobby is on the ground floor and is full of photos of Walt or other mementos- like this bench with his initials.

[Do you see the terrifying Mickey in this one?]

The actual restaurant is upstairs and if you have a table by the window you can look out over Main Street while you eat. We didn’t have a window seat, but we took advantage of a quiet moment to grab a photo.

Walt’s was pretty busy and is made up of a bunch of small rooms and tight hallways, so I didn’t get to explore the rest of the space that much. The room we were in gave me serious Grand Canyon vibes, which is very Walt.

For food we both ordered from the premium menu. First up was the bread course, and the waiter offered us our choice of three different types of bread. It was so, so good. After he served the bread I expected him to set the basket on the table for us to keep eating but sadly he took the basket away.

r

That turned out to be alright because the next course was delicious. We both ordered the soup, and when he brought it down he set down a bowl that only had dry ingredients and I was like…maybe French soup is different? But then he had a pitcher and poured the liquid over the dry ingredients and it looked much more soup-like. It was really good- I’ve never had soup with popcorn in it, so it was a new experience.

For mains I got the chicken and Jon got the chili, both of which were Mickey-shaped. The chicken was fantastic and Jon said the chili was also good, if a bit more spicy than he anticipated.

We got different desserts- one of us got the cheesecake and one got the lime meringue. I can’t remember who got which but either way after a couple of bites we ended up switching. I think I ended up finishing the cheesecake, which had very subtle flavoring.

I don’t know if you’ve noticed this, but Jon and I are not necessarily foodies. We definitely both love food, but we aren’t sophisticated enough to really give thorough reviews. Honestly, as long as it doesn’t taste like garbage I’ll probably say it’s the best thing I’ve ever eaten.

Toward the end of the service our server asked us if we knew the story behind the butter. We did not, so he pointed out the brand name- d’Isgney. Which when spoke sounds like….Disney. Apparently Walt’s ancestors came from that town in France and when they got to America d’Isgney got changed to Disney. I thought it was such an amazing, Disney-esque detail to use that specific brand of French butter in the restaurant themed after Walt himself.

After our delicious (and educational!) lunch we wanted to grab another FP. But when we got back out onto Main Street I heard Jungle Book Jive starting again. So I posted up to watch it from afar while Jon went to Hyperspace to get FPs.

You shouldn’t be surprised by this, but I loved the show the 3rd time just as much as the 1st and 2nd.

Jon came back with FPs but the window didn’t open up for a while so we went out to explore some areas we hadn’t had a chance to yet. First we went through the arcades, which are the covered walkways on either side of Main Street. They’re really well-themed and are full of little bits and pieces, plus it’s not something that’s at any of our parks at home!

We also meandered down Main Street and around Town Square, looking for typical Imagineering hidden magic. We found Roy & Walt’s names on the windows, as well as Michael Eisner. There’s also a dentist shop with dentist-y sounds coming out.

Jon mentioned that he wanted to walkthrough the Frontierland fort thing so we went that direction. It’s a wild west-ish fort walkthrough that has little rooms you can look into with scenes of typical western things, like gold mining, outlaws, Buffalo Bill, etc. And in true DLP fashion, there are some great lookout spots as well.

We meandered some more and took a few photos, then made our way back to Discoveryland for Hyperspace. We made sure to get in the line for the side that we hadn’t been on yet and sure enough the sound worked! The sound makes a big difference in adding to the Star Wars theme. The theme song plays during the launch and there’s sound effects throughout, similar to how the sound is laid out in the Disneyland version.

It was time for a few more photos in front of this gorgeous castle.

I mentioned to Jon that I would really like to spend some time shopping and he mentioned that he would literally rather do anything but that. So I suggested he head back to the room, grab some snacks from the Golden Forest lounge (another perk!), and pack or relax. He did just that and I went on my own little unsupervised shopping spree.

First up were all the shops on Main Street, which had the usual assortment of Disney Parks merch. One thing I was on the lookout for were these France-inspired Mickey ears with Chip & Dale on them. I saw them earlier in Frontierland but was hopeful that they would be in one of the Main Street shops. Alas, they were not there.

I stopped in at one of the small shops right by the entrance that had a bunch of headwear and luckily found a pair! I also got a reusable shopping bag, which I still use all the time.

The real standout stores were in Disney Village, though. I stopped at World of Disney, the Disney Store, and Disney Fashion.
World of Disney here was a lot smaller than the ones in the US and was mostly just toys. The Disney Store had a lot more of a variety of merchandise, but less stuff that was DLP-specific.

By far my favorite store was Disney Fashion. They had clothes I had never seen anywhere before. They even had a vintage selection of used pieces from the 80s and 90s. There was also a ton of Marvel stuff, including an amazing Captain America bomber jacket that was absolutely calling my name. I took a ton of photos, so here’s a few and I’ll put more in the photo dump.

I also passed through the Lego store, which was displaying an awesome Friends apartment set.

IMG_6857.jpeg
[Could these Legos BE any cooler?]

Packages in hand, I made my way back to the hotel to pack. I checked in the resort gift shop to see if there was anything resort-specific that I could get to commemorate our time at Sequoia Lodge but there wasn’t. Jon had grabbed me a Coke Zero from the lounge so I went up to enjoy it and pack up, since we were leaving DLP the next day.

[On my way back to the hotel I passed the construction for the Marvel-themed hotel]

Last edited:
The main goal of the morning was to get to Crush’s Coaster at the Studios park. We should have gotten there earlier, but even so the wait time was 60 minutes just 18 minutes after park open.

Yikes.
Disney Studios does a virtual queue system for characters and it uses the third party app. Spots open up at 9:45am and they get taken up for the day within moments

Interesting. Are you able to get a time for more than one character?

In my notes I have written ‘Another slow clap. Lots of slow claps here.’ And for the life of me I could not remember what this was about. But I remember now! Before the Lion King show the hype person started a slow clap to rev everyone up (I guess?) and the hype person for this show did the same thing. Maybe it’s a French thing, IDK.

Well I guess they found an alternative to the wave. Just not sure it's any better lol.

Apparently Walt’s ancestors came from that town in France and when they got to America d’Isgney got changed to Disney.

Wow that's awesome. That restaurant sounds great.

They even had a vintage selection of used pieces from the 80s and 90s.

Oo that's really cool!

Sounds like you got what you wanted to do done in the Studios park! I love the pics with Daisy!

Walt's Restaurant looks fantastic! What a great experience!

Glad you were able to get some shopping time in!

There was also a scene from a movie where a dragon destroyed London and they simulated the fire coming out of a well. Not sure if that was at DHS or not (did I mention I never rode it?)
I used to love the Backlot Tour at DHS!! It did not have a london dragon scene for sure, but it did start with an elaborate "movie scene" being video taped right in front of the audience with volunteers, etc. Since you didn't mention it, I'm assuming that isn't part of the DLP version?

I'm always bummed that I never made it to do the tour when it was actually more of a tour--I've read somewhere that you used to drive down the street and see the Golden Girls house, etc. Now THAT's entertainment LOL

I LOVE the shirts you are both wearing on this day!!!!!

Yep! Low capacity ride in a park with very few good attractions hahaha

Are you able to get a time for more than one character?
I believe that you cannot, but when I went to select, Daisy was the only one available so I didn't have a chance to find out.

Well I guess they found an alternative to the wave. Just not sure it's any better lol.
Oh we did the wave there, too :rotfl:

That restaurant sounds great.
It was soo good!

Sounds like you got what you wanted to do done in the Studios park! I love the pics with Daisy!

Walt's Restaurant looks fantastic! What a great experience!

Glad you were able to get some shopping time in!
Yes it was a good day! We found out that it works for us for Jon to take a resort break and me to do some shopping, so I think we're going to try to work that in to our normal touring style at WDW and see what happens!

I used to love the Backlot Tour at DHS!! It did not have a london dragon scene for sure, but it did start with an elaborate "movie scene" being video taped right in front of the audience with volunteers, etc. Since you didn't mention it, I'm assuming that isn't part of the DLP version?
Nope, but that definitely would have made it more than 10% of fun!

I LOVE the shirts you are both wearing on this day!!!!!
Thanks! Mine is from good ole Target and Jon got his at Mickey's of Glendale on our trip to Imagineering for our ABD! He loves that shirt and wears it all the time :earboy2:

When we got off the ride it was right at 9:45am, which is when the Lineberty app opens up. (Disney Studios does a virtual queue system for characters and it uses the third party app. Spots open up at 9:45am and they get taken up for the day within moments). We were lucky to snag a pass to visit Daisy later in the day!
Ugh, I hated that system! Worse than the Boarding Groups for RotR, and it seems like the lines aren't even necessary for it!
There was also a scene from a movie where a dragon destroyed London and they simulated the fire coming out of a well. Not sure if that was at DHS or not (did I mention I never rode it?)
I loved that movie! Reign of Fire (anything with Christian Bale I'm a sucker for). I never got on the tram though.
10% Fun Tram Tour
Lol!
Maybe it was the pre-show hype up but man, that show is phenomenal! The premise is that Mickey works for a magician but wants to be one himself. One night while the magician is away, Mickey gets into some magical mischief and some of his good friends help him find his magic. These good friends include Cinderella, Belle and the Beast, our pals from the Lion King, and Aladdin & Co.
It really is an awesome show! I wish they would replace Voyage of Little Mermaid at DHS with that one!
As for language, Mickey speaks French and the magician spoke mostly English. The other characters were half and half but it was super easy to follow along.
I know! I really liked that set up!
I don’t know if you’ve noticed this, but Jon and I are not necessarily foodies. We definitely both love food, but we aren’t sophisticated enough to really give thorough reviews. Honestly, as long as it doesn’t taste like garbage I’ll probably say it’s the best thing I’ve ever eaten.
Haha, same!

Great stuff! I'm surprised that when you went shopping you didn't snag a Madam Rowley's Toilet Mask! :earboy2:

Ugh, I hated that system! Worse than the Boarding Groups for RotR, and it seems like the lines aren't even necessary for it!
Yeah I have no idea why they use it. When we went to meet Daisy there was no one there.

Reign of Fire (anything with Christian Bale I'm a sucker for).
Ohhh right that's what it is! I'll need to watch it now

I wish they would replace Voyage of Little Mermaid at DHS with that one!
Ooo that would be awesome!

Great stuff! I'm surprised that when you went shopping you didn't snag a Madam Rowley's Toilet Mask! :earboy2:
You know, we considered it but we worried about getting it through customs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter