A nit-picking WDW park hopper to DL ticket question

Redcon1

DIS Veteran
This is kind of a nit-picking question, but does DL accept ANY old WDW park hopper tickets in exchange for a one-day DL ticket.
The reason I'm asking is, I have a WDW hopper I bought about three years ago when it was less per day than what DL costs now. It's assumed the WDW ticket is usually more expensive than the DL one, thus they'd be coming out ahead money-wise. But, in this case, they're the ones losing money since the WDW ticket is less expensive. I just wanted to know if any one had any problems in a scenario like this, before I bring the WDW ticket with me.
Also, if anyone has exchanged a WDW ticket within the past month, could they let me know what the latest procedures are or if there's been any problems.
Thanks!

from mousesavers.com:

"Interesting, unpublished fact: you can use leftover days on a Walt Disney World Hopper pass at Disneyland or DCA! This is probably because Disney World Hopper passes cost much more per day than Disneyland passes, so Disney is actually coming out way ahead on the deal. Present the Disney World Hopper at the gate on arrival -- they will take it somewhere, deduct a day from it, and give you a one-day Disneyland pass that allows you to visit both parks in the same day. This information was confirmed December 2004.

Disneyland passes are NOT accepted at Walt Disney World, and Annual Passes are only good at the park where they were purchased (WDW Annual Passes are NOT good at Disneyland, and vice versa). "

(http://www.mousesavers.com/dltickets.html)

hope this helps

yes, Disneyland will accept any old ticket from Walt Disney World so you can use it that way if you choose.

Prices at both parks continue to rise over the years so if you do intend to go back to Walt Disney World in the near future, a one day entry there is still more expensive than a 1 day entry at Disneyland. however if when you go to WDW you want to take advantage of their multi-day pass deals then maybe it does make as much sense to you to go ahead and use the ticket at Disneyland -- at least you'll feel like you're getting a great deal.

Can't give you any procedure specifics though.

About two years ago, I used a five year old WDW pass at DL with no problems. It was one of the old value passes that gave you multiple days but didn't allow you to park hop. Those aren't even available anymore but the ticket was still valid. That wasn't the first time I used a WDW pass at DL either. Everytime I used an old WDW pass, many years had passed thus the remaining value left on the pass was less than the current DL one day admission.

If there is no expiration date on the WDW park hopper pass, which only the newer ones do, you should have no problem. It will sometimes take an extra 10 mins. or so for them to verify what's left on the pass but otherwise, you shouldn't encounter any problems. Procedure on exchanging the tickets have changed since I last did this so I can't comment on how to go about it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter