A Princess, Pirates and Pixie Dust!

I love the gorillas, and so glad you saw the silver one out of the corner of your eyes.

You do love your EE, don't you. Unfortunately, not me.

And great photos of FOTLK. Front row:thumbsup2

I do love the excitement and twists and turns of EE!:thumbsup2

I realized when I saw the pics of Londynn at FOTLK, that we must have had lunch first so I edited in our lunch and ITTBAB paragraph - That makes more sense with the pics! :3dglasses Thanks so much for being here to the end, Kathy - and it is almost the end :goodvibes

we have always had bad service when we go to a rainforrest cafe. Doesn't matter what city, just bad service. The one at the Mall of America is awful. Lion king looked great. It is a wonderful show

We stopped to see our gorilla friends.

Yeah, they're okay as friends... but you don't want them living upstars as neighbors.
Very noisy.
And not very understanding when you mention it to them.

We were having so much fun today – the sun was shining and everyone was in a playful mood. We went to EE to use the FP. Ryan and Mason went, and Jim and I. I guess everyone else opted out this time! I do love EE!

::yes:: It's an awesome ride!

Next, we headed over to ITTBAB. I don’t have any pics from there - Don’t know why.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say... because you didn't take any?

I could be wrong.

We had some people crowd in behind Jim on our bench and when we realized we went too far and needed one more seat, they wouldn’t budge,

Really? You said you didn't have enough seats and they still wouldn't move?

Wow. Nice. :sad2:

so Myles ended up on a crack, and didn’t get to feel the worms and stingers. That is probably just as well! He was so nervous – he kept asking me what was going to happen, and he screamed like a little girl when the spiders came out! His parents had a good time teasing him later. Maverick didn’t like the dark again.

:laughing: I've actually yet to see this. We didn't (with the DDs) the first time, for just that reason!

On our way, I got my first glimpse of Lady DeVine! I’m sure I have walked right by before and wondered what people were looking at!

She's amazing, isn't she?
We saw her the first time we went with the DDs, purely by accident.
The second time, we got her schedule and where she would be appearing.

The kids were mesmerized – I think Evan was a little freaked out when she leaned toward him and sort of beckoned him toward her. I wonder if he had seen a preview of the Alice in Wonderland series!:rotfl2:

I haven't seen that preview. Is DeVine in it?
Or some other plantlike person?

Great shot! :thumbsup2

We had mediocre meals and some kind of surly service in here

Too bad. We've eaten there (well not there there... but other Rainforest Cafes) so often, because of the kids, that we're officially sick of it!

But the meals were never any better than 'just okay'.

I think a few of the tips were a little surly, too.

As they should be.

Ryan went to the gift shop and came back with toys for all the kids when they got tired of their coloring books

Oh, boy. They must've been thrilled!

On to FOTLK- we got front row seats (we didn’t see any handicapped icons here) and enjoyed the show!

Score!

We were LIONS!

Lions never prosper... or something like that.

TO BE CONTINUED...

TO BE ANTICIPATED...
Thanks for the update, Tammie! :goodvibes

Love the pictures of the gorilla's!!

It's always hit or miss when we've gone to RF both in San Francisco and in Anaheim. We know going in we're going for the atmosphere not the service or food.

So happy you guys were still having a great time!!

That's a really cool picture of Devine! I just love her - she's so awesome. I'm glad you got to see her.

Sorry your service at lunch was spotty. I really do not like when waiters or waitresses treat you like your an imposition.

Love FOTLK and you got some great shots. Looks like everyone is enjoying the show.

Great pix of the gorillas !! I am with Kathy NO EE for me !!! FOTLK is a favorite of mine !!! Glad you got front row seats , loved all your pix !!

we have always had bad service when we go to a rainforrest cafe. Doesn't matter what city, just bad service. The one at the Mall of America is awful. Lion king looked great. It is a wonderful show

We have always had great service in Anaheim and Phoenix, and actually not long ago here. I guess we've been lucky. :confused3 Oh, I remember it wasn't great in Vegas. The food used to be way better - now it's gone way downhill and the prices have gone way up. :worried:

Yeah, they're okay as friends... but you don't want them living upstars as neighbors.
Very noisy.
And not very understanding when you mention it to them.

:lmao::lmao:sounds like a college story!

::yes:: It's an awesome ride!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say... because you didn't take any?

I could be wrong.

Oh, that might be the reason! Thanks for clearing that up for me! :rotfl2:

Really? You said you didn't have enough seats and they still wouldn't move?

Wow. Nice. :sad2:

:laughing: I've actually yet to see this. We didn't (with the DDs) the first time, for just that reason!

I think they could handle it now.:goodvibes

She's amazing, isn't she?
We saw her the first time we went with the DDs, purely by accident.
The second time, we got her schedule and where she would be appearing.

Yes, and so graceful, too - hard to believe she is real.

I haven't seen that preview. Is DeVine in it?
Or some other plantlike person?
Yes, it has aired already now. There was a forest in Wonderland that would kind of drug people into euphoria, and then the tree would start growing around the person until they became trees, too.

Great shot! :thumbsup2

thanks!

Too bad. We've eaten there (well not there there... but other Rainforest Cafes) so often, because of the kids, that we're officially sick of it!

But the meals were never any better than 'just okay'.

As they should be.

Oh, boy. They must've been thrilled!

Score!

Lions never prosper... or something like that.

:goodvibes

TO BE ANTICIPATED...
Thanks for the update, Tammie! :goodvibes

You're welcome - I am going to try to finish this up this week.

Love the pictures of the gorilla's!!

It's always hit or miss when we've gone to RF both in San Francisco and in Anaheim. We know going in we're going for the atmosphere not the service or food.

So happy you guys were still having a great time!!

Thanks!

Sounds like RFC is not too good anywhere - just an attraction for kids!

That's a really cool picture of Devine! I just love her - she's so awesome. I'm glad you got to see her.
Thanks! It was good to see her for myself after seeing so many pics on the DIS!:rotfl2:
Sorry your service at lunch was spotty. I really do not like when waiters or waitresses treat you like your an imposition.
I think they forget if you don't have customers, you don't have a job!
Love FOTLK and you got some great shots. Looks like everyone is enjoying the show.
Thanks! More FOTLK pixie dust coming up!
Great pix of the gorillas !! I am with Kathy NO EE for me !!! FOTLK is a favorite of mine !!! Glad you got front row seats , loved all your pix !!

You should try EE! You might be like Myles and find out you really DO like roller coasters!!! Last weekend Myles said his favorite ride was EE! :lmao:
Thank you! More to come!

In our last chapter we were on Safari, found the Yehti, ate at RFC where it rained, then outside, where it rained - got attacked by bugs, and found good seats at FOTLK .....
I see we had front row in the bleachers, but there was a handicapped bench in front of us, so I feel better that we didn't take up the handicapped area - I was worried later that we had somehow missed the sign.:duck:

Then this guy came over,

Mason and Evan got picked to be in the parade around the room!

Next: Drowning Again!

We came outside to a light rain, so Jim and I took Evan and Mav to the dig site to play in the sand.

while all of the others went back in time to retrieve a Dino!

I left Jim with the little boys and went to find the restroom. It was kind of hard to locate – seems like it was behind a snack shop across from the Dinoland rides. When I came out, I heard an announcement that they were closing all of the attractions due to the lightening in the area. I hurried in to the play area to help Jim collect the babies. Surprisingly the CM didn’t try to stop me from getting in there – maybe its because I gave him my “Mom look” – he knew better than to mess with this Grandma!

Just as we got to the soaked strollers, the gang showed up. Mark’s decided they had had enough rain for one trip and headed back to the resort. Ryan insisted that Jim and I ride Dinosaur because I love it so much (Just like IJ at DLR, which is my fav there). So We actually did a duck and cover type journey over to the ride. We found a little shelter, huddled there, the rain let up, we ran, the rain dumped, we found a little shelter, huddled there – finally we were at the covered benches just near the Dino building, and we made a run for it, pouring rain or not. We were totally soaked! Oh if you haven’t guessed, our ponchos were all used up for this trip.
Jim and I completed our mission:

The rain had cleared but we were all wet, so we decided to call it a day and say goodbye to our pals!

We headed toward the “sneaky” entrance near RFC, and met up with a PP photographer. He asked how we were, and I said, “sad and tired and wet.” As we took our soggy pics, I asked if we could do a sad pose. Another photog walked up and asked what was wrong – he told them we were taking sad pics cuz it was our last day, and she said, “they look REALLY sad!”

We hopped in the car and hid Mason down on the floor for our drive across the street to DTD to do a little shopping. I went to Basin while the others went down to the lego store. I picked out some bath bombs and some soaps, and just as I stepped out the door, the sky opened up again. I met up with my gang in the WOD store – we chose some gifts for the kids who were pet sitting our dogs, and we were ready to head back “home.”

Next: A good night and Good Bye!

We got most of our packing done, Jim and Ryan went and got our favorite pizza again, and we had dinner in our room – all 11 of us. It was fun to ask all of the kids what their favorite moments were – Londynn’s? Meeting Rapunzel. Myles’? Riding Star Tours so many times! Mason’s? Expedition Everest! Evan and Mav didn’t have answers

The rain had left, so we were able to get in another fun evening of swimming for one last time.
We all said our sad good nights and agreed to meet down at AP for breakfast in the morning

Tuesday morning, we were up early and had our bags packed and ready early. We called the Bell Desk for the airport check in service – this is THE BEST service at the resort! It is free except for a tip and so convenient. They came and got our bags and gave us a ride, then checked us in for our flights gave us our boarding passes and checked our bags for us. We just had our carry ons until the bus came. We had done express check out from the room, so we could just enjoy our family for the morning. We looked around in the gift shop, got some pins and magnets. I wanted a resort T-Shirt, but the quality was terrible with the iron on logo instead of the usual embroidery or silk screen. I knew from Cynthia that the cups couldn’t go through the dishwasher, so I didn’t get one of those either.

We had our Mickey waffles and headed outside. The littles took some pics all together:

Soon, our ride to the airport came, and we sad our good-byes – lots of tears all around.
Ryan’s had all day to play before their flight, so they went to Winter Summerland to play mini-golf!

We had a nice 3 hr flight – Jim and I got exit row seats again and no one with us, so we were quite comfy

Last Thoughts:

We feel like in spite of the rain, and a few difference of opinions, this trip couldn’t have gone any better. The kids are still re-living their favorite memories, and Mav loves to watch the pics from or trip on the digital picture frame and point out “That Guy!” If he sees Mickey he says, “Mittey Mouse!” and runs around the room yelling. After all, it was all started by a mouse.

Thanks so much for reading - it lets me re-live my memories of this epic trip! I will be back around to let you know how things go with the babies, if you want to know. We have a big court date for Mav on Feb 11th. Jim has also been recommended as head of Loss Prevention by his boss, so hopefully that goes through, and he will feel settled and confident again. Thanks so much for taking this journey with me - DISbuds are the best!

Next trip? This year we will go out to Oregon and then for next year Ryan and I are planning either a cruise or WDW for just their family and us. We were thinking cruise, but the prices have gone up so much that we are thinking our money would go so much further for a resort stay again, and Ryan says Mason definitely votes for the resort! We will be up for whatever they choose to do!

I hate seeing your trip come to a close because your family looks like they had a really wonderful time. Well, all except for that last pose. But what a perfect idea to match the mood of the last day.

It's so wonderful that all the kids are still reliving all the memories. My nephews did that for the longest time and it was so heartwarming to hear them talk about their adventures.

Thanks for a great TR! I've never traveled with such a large group and you guys really pulled it off well!

I see we had front row in the bleachers, but there was a handicapped bench in front of us, so I feel better that we didn't take up the handicapped area - I was worried later that we had somehow missed the sign.:duck:

Gotta admit, I was kinda wondering about that too.

Mason and Evan got picked to be in the parade around the room!

So who was more thrilled? Kids, parents, or grandparents? :rotfl:

We came outside to a light rain, so Jim and I took Evan and Mav to the dig site to play in the sand.

I can't quite make up my mind if Jim is thinking, "I'm too old for this, I hope I don't have to sit in the sand."

or

"I want to sit down in the sand and play too!"

When I came out, I heard an announcement that they were closing all of the attractions due to the lightening in the area.

Boo! You're on vacation. No lightning allowed!

Surprisingly the CM didn’t try to stop me from getting in there – maybe its because I gave him my “Mom look” – he knew better than to mess with this Grandma!

:lmao: Go get 'em Tammie!

So We actually did a duck and cover type journey over to the ride. We found a little shelter, huddled there, the rain let up, we ran, the rain dumped, we found a little shelter, huddled there – finally we were at the covered benches just near the Dino building, and we made a run for it, pouring rain or not. We were totally soaked!

Great visual!

Oh if you haven’t guessed, our ponchos were all used up for this trip.

Oh, of course! :laughing:

We headed toward the “sneaky” entrance near RFC, and met up with a PP photographer. He asked how we were, and I said, “sad and tired and wet.” As we took our soggy pics, I asked if we could do a sad pose. Another photog walked up and asked what was wrong – he told them we were taking sad pics cuz it was our last day, and she said, “they look REALLY sad!”

You do! :laughing:

We hopped in the car and hid Mason down on the floor for our drive across the street to DTD to do a little shopping.

You hid Mason? Is he an illegal car passenger?

We got most of our packing done, Jim and Ryan went and got our favorite pizza again, and we had dinner in our room – all 11 of us.

Must've been packed... and a lot of fun! (Even if it was ending.)

It was fun to ask all of the kids what their favorite moments were – Londynn’s? Meeting Rapunzel. Myles’? Riding Star Tours so many times! Mason’s? Expedition Everest! Evan and Mav didn’t have answers

I love asking my family what their favorite memories were.

We called the Bell Desk for the airport check in service – this is THE BEST service at the resort! It is free except for a tip and so convenient. They came and got our bags and gave us a ride, then checked us in for our flights gave us our boarding passes and checked our bags for us. We just had our carry ons until the bus came.

That really is nice. Too bad you can't get that kind of service everywhere.

Cute pic! :thumbsup2

Soon, our ride to the airport came, and we sad our good-byes – lots of tears all around.

I can imagine.

Ryan’s had all day to play before their flight, so they went to Winter Summerland to play mini-golf!

I'd be so jealous! More time? Priceless!

Mav loves to watch the pics from or trip on the digital picture frame and point out “That Guy!” If he sees Mickey he says, “Mittey Mouse!” and runs around the room yelling.

Aw. Too cute.

Thanks so much for reading - it lets me re-live my memories of this epic trip!

Thanks for writing! And letting us share in your adventure!

I will be back around to let you know how things go with the babies, if you want to know.

::yes::

We have a big court date for Mav on Feb 11th.

Will be thinking of you guys. Good luck!

Thank You for sharing your trip. Everyone had a great time and despite the rain you worked around it.

I hate seeing your trip come to a close because your family looks like they had a really wonderful time. Well, all except for that last pose. But what a perfect idea to match the mood of the last day.

It's so wonderful that all the kids are still reliving all the memories. My nephews did that for the longest time and it was so heartwarming to hear them talk about their adventures.

Thanks for a great TR! I've never traveled with such a large group and you guys really pulled it off well!

It was so much fun! Just enough togetherness, and time for relaxation, too! I think the rain was actually a blessing, because it forced us slow down and focus on quality time. It was fun to do that pic!

So cool that your nephews made great memories. It is something they will always have with them.

Thanks for being here! I think our touring style is probably similar enough and we talked ahead of time about giving everyone the freedom to do what made sense for their families, without judgements or hurt feelings. I think it helped a lot. I'll be over to your TR soon! I'm so far behind on so many - it will be good to be finished with this one and have more time to read and comment on others.

Gotta admit, I was kinda wondering about that too.

So who was more thrilled? Kids, parents, or grandparents? :rotfl:

I think the parents were! :lmao:

I can't quite make up my mind if Jim is thinking, "I'm too old for this, I hope I don't have to sit in the sand."

or

"I want to sit down in the sand and play too!"

I think he was thinking, "I don't want sand in my shorts! " :eek:

Boo! You're on vacation. No lightning allowed!

:lmao: Go get 'em Tammie!

Great visual!

Oh, of course! :laughing:

You do! :laughing:

You hid Mason? Is he an illegal car passenger?

:rotfl2:He was! No booster, no seat belt - not even a seat for him. We would never do this anywhere else, but just across the street and into a parking lot was okay. Plus, it was Disney right? :rolleyes:

Must've been packed... and a lot of fun! (Even if it was ending.)

I love asking my family what their favorite memories were.

That really is nice. Too bad you can't get that kind of service everywhere.

It made the morning so nice. I highly recommend it. I thought it was some kind of concierge service, and then I read about it in the DVC packet and found it was free! :thumbsup2
Cute pic! :thumbsup2

Thank you!

I can imagine.

I'd be so jealous! More time? Priceless!

Aw. Too cute.

Thanks for writing! And letting us share in your adventure!

::yes::

Will be thinking of you guys. Good luck!

Thank you! If we get to keep him, I might even post a pic with his face!

Thank You for sharing your trip. Everyone had a great time and despite the rain you worked around it.

Thanks for reading, Pat! I think it is all in the attitude! Now I need to finish your TR - I have read and not posted sometimes, because I get too tired, but I will catch up!

What a great wrap up to a great trip! I love the sad face picture!

Good luck with the court hearing for Mav.

Jill in CO

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
What a great wrap up to a great trip! I love the sad face picture!

Good luck with the court hearing for Mav.

Jill in CO

Thank you Jill!:flower3: I will be back to post any developments for both babies. Thanks for sticking with my TR - it was great to have you here!

Sounds like RFC is not too good anywhere - just an attraction for kids!

Yep that's my thoughts too.

Ahhh so sad your trip is coming to an end!! So happy you were able to make the best of it even with all the rain.

Continued prayers that things go your families way on being able to keep Mav. :hug:

the dig area is a quiet treasure. I know my girls both loved it. It was nice to have a bit of down time

Yep that's my thoughts too.

Ahhh so sad your trip is coming to an end!! So happy you were able to make the best of it even with all the rain.

Continued prayers that things go your families way on being able to keep Mav. :hug:

Thank you Sandy! :hug:

the dig area is a quiet treasure. I know my girls both loved it. It was nice to have a bit of down time

Funny how little ones don't ask why or wonder what would be better, they are presented with sand, they just sit down and start digging! :rotfl2: It was a nice little break for them and the cover is a nice shade or umbrella for them too.:thumbsup2

Bummer about the rain , I was there in the wettest May in 50 years , but boy were the Parks empty and although wet I got to ride soooo many rides !! I love Dinasaur too !! Great ending for the TR!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter