A question about the weather

DocDwarf

Earning My Ears
Hello all.

I am looking to suprise my wife in February with a trip to WDW. If all goes as I have so masterfully planned *chuckles* then she won't know anything about the trip until we get in the car to go.

My question is this...what can I expect, weather wise, in February. We have visited WDW many times, but the closest to winter we have ever visited is Sept. I have read that the high is probably going to be somewhere in the low to mid 70's. Do you think that this is a fair statement?

I know that with the weather, it's hit or miss, but could any of you that have visited much around that time frame give me some help?

Thank you very much in advance!!!

We've visited Disney a couple times in February with our children and grandchildren. Most days were pleasant. I'm always cold so I wore a sweatshirt in the mornings (with shorts) but by afternoon it was just a t-shirt and shorts. We had one real cold morning, once, where the temp was around 40 with a wind chill of about 32. Br-r-r-r. But it warmed up very nice by afternoon. The nice thing about that day was that the park we went to wasn't very crowded. The evenings were cool. I didn't bring any long pants the first time (silly me) and on the evening we stayed for the parade and fireworks I had my DH trying to find something to cover my legs. He bought me two t-shirts which I used as two small blankets. My children, grandchildren and DH were perfectly comfortable with shorts, t-shirts, and sweatshirts. One of the trips, on the day we left for home, the temp went up into the 80's. Go figure!! All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to go again in February. We're going the beginning of next week and I understand the temps are very similiar for both Feb. and Dec. Hope this helps.

Hope you and wife have a wonderful time. I love surprises like that.

Thanks for the information Dopey & Grumpy! I guess all us dwarves gots ta sticks together.

The little wife is pretty cold natured herself so I suppose I'll be packing a few sweatshirts for her as well as the shorts and t-shirts. That is the thing that scares me more than anything....packing for her. Maybe I should get her mom to take the day off right before we leave and help me.

Oh well, I suppose whatever I forget to pack can be bought.

Thanks again for the information.

64 days, 18 hours, 12 minutes, and 55 seconds to go!!!!!

You're welcome DocDwarf. Yep, I agree - we do have to stick together. My DH and I have a family motto when it comes to packing - "If we forgot it, we don't need it and if we need it, we can buy it". It always works for us. Good luck packing for your DW. Maybe you should enlist her Mom to help you but whatever you pack, I'm sure she'll be so happy going to WDW, she won't mind! Have Fun!!

Only 4 days and 2 hours for us!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter