A really dumb question...

Kelly Grannell

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for a program that allow me to do custom print such as, but not limited to:

1. Print multiple wallet-sized shots on a 4x6 photo paper. The images can be a duplicate of 1 image file or a bunch of image files.
2. Print multiple sizes shots on A4 photo paper (such as 2 4x6, 3 3.5x5). Again, the images can be a duplicate of 1 image file or a bunch of image files.

I know there is a Microsoft photo suite that can do this but I don't want to buy the entire suite (I already use Photoshop CS2 for the rest of my needs).

... or can Photoshop CS2 do that?

I know if I buy a newer printer from Canon it will come with that software, but what I have is Canon i860 and I don't think it comes with that kind of software.

:faint:

I use Microsoft Picture It! to print out my pictures. The only thing I don't do with it is print more than 1 picture at the same time of different sizes. I'm pretty sure it will do that, but I just haven't done it. I'll just do my 4x6's then if needed I'll the the 3x5 or 5x7's seperatly.

Many times I'll print out 10 wallet pics of the kids on 4x6 paper to give out a few times a year.

Microsoft digital image will allow you to do this. I do it ll the time.

For printing photos, I use a product called QImage. It's great. And while it has grown to be more than just an excellent photo printing system, it's still what I use to batch print photos and it is designed to get the most out of a single sheet of photo paper.

http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

Photoshop can do something like that. I haven't tried it on CS2 yet but CS and V7 can do it.

Under "automate" select "picture package".

I would suggest Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0. You can go to the Adobe website, and look at their downloads. You should be able to download a free 30 day trial of the complete program, try it out, and see if you like it. Good Luck!

Wow! I'll check them all (except for MS Digital Image, that's the software I was talking about, but no way I'm paying $70 just to use one feature).

I'll check my CS2, if not there I still have CS installed on DH's PC.

Thanks heaps guys!

Charade said:
Photoshop can do something like that. I haven't tried it on CS2 yet but CS and V7 can do it.

Under "automate" select "picture package".

CS2 does include this feature and you can also create custom scripts to do this in CS2 using their Droplet technology. It's pretty cool in a geeky sort of way.

Jeff

I checked it last night but I can't get multiple pic onto that template (I can only get the same pic 'repeated' in different sizes for the entire page)

A friend of mine who is a wedding photographer and has to do package printing all the time uses the feature in Photoshop CS2 that has been mentioned, and is very happy with it.

He has also used ArcSoft Photo Printer and likes the flexibility and simplicity of that program.

Kelly Grannell said:
I checked it last night but I can't get multiple pic onto that template (I can only get the same pic 'repeated' in different sizes for the entire page)

When creating the the package there will be a preview window on the lower right hand part of that menu, in that preview it will use one image repeated on the etire page.

B4 clicking ok, you can click on that preview window and replace that repeated image by any other image file.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter