A story of renewed hope & the power of Dis

Nope Ariana That is Gilberts' "listen up I am in charge look" :rotfl2: Trying to catch up with all of the TRs/PTRs while I am in the middle of uploading all those pictures :sad2: so far behind on EVERYTHING

So looking through the pictures that are still uploading I realize a few things: my files are a MESS
My memory is shot There aren't that many pictures of Fred & I together ( although I do recall I have said that recently & will be changing the way I do things in the future ) and since I am leaving for NY in 10 days I need a new strategy for reporting everything I think I am going to start with last week and work my way back ? Does that sound like a plan ? Hope so, because otherwise there will be no rhyme or reason and much confusion ( more so than usual for me )

First off, Gilbert is a doll. He's gorgeous!

Secondly - 10 days to "home" awesome

Thirdly - I find that if I don't address pictures immediately I find a tall man with a red goatee lurking over me asking why I haven't yet. And why haven't I posted...etc. Although I will say that Cale is usually the one who deals with the Vacation photos, as the videos are his deal.

Spring Break is upon us and we are busy. or will be - as an indoor facility we don't get as crazy on beautiful days like today, but the rest of the week is supposed to be below 60 degrees and then rainy on Friday.

Hugs all around!

I'm so excited for you! Hope your trip is great and all the snow is finally gone when you arrive! Have a great day! ( gotta love Gilbert!)

Catching up.....

GREAT UPDATE! I love the pic of you & Fred with Donald. You know Donald.... he's becoming one of my favorites. ;)

Do people still iron clothes? Isn't that what permanent press is for. :rotfl: Okay, I still iron when I HAVE to.

Good luck on the interview.

Like I told you when we last spoke I've been living here since 2008 and JUST discovered Burlington Coat factory that we used to shop at all the time in NY Bought a power suit shoes blouse and nonsense items for the dogs ....GRAND total $122 and change :woohoo: never did find that damn iron

I want to meet Fred. I think he needs to poke his head in this thread & say hello one of these days. :)
I hope you meet him someday too Not here though this is my space, he has his, no not going to happen

Okay, I have to get back to cleaning up wallpaper/floor mess. :(

Best of luck tomorrow!!

Love the picture of you and Fred with Pluto!!

Thanks for stopping by, it's been so long I have to say I forgot your name :blush: Am I right...Jane ? Please stop by more often I promise not to be so scattered aka: boring

Glad to hear that you are getting it all together! :thumbsup2

That's a scary story about the car, and lucky that no one else was on I-4. :eek: I was picturing you on a two lane road back in the country not a 3-4 lane each direction major highway!

:faint: NO it didn't happen ON I-4 it happened as I was merging on to I-4 from 192 I hit the column under I-4 If it had to happen this really was the safest place If it had happened closer to home I probably would have either landed in a ditch or taken out a few livestock...not the way I would want to meet some of my neighbors killing off their cows :scared1:

Congrats on the BoG ADR! I hope you have a fabulous dinner together. :lovestruc

Awww - your poor beast. I’m glad Belle is feeling better.

:laughing: Same thing for us on Thanksgiving! Not WDW, obviously, but the last couple of years we have gone out for Thanksgiving because my mom and I are sick of cooking that huge dinner, and there are only 4 of us. We love it, but I hate not having leftovers for the rest of the long weekend. So I cooked up a turkey breast and a few essential sides on Friday this year - worked out great!

Loved hearing about your experience at Mickey’s Backyard BBQ. The character interaction sounds amazing! I’ve always been tempted to book that…..

:scared1: Yeah, um, avoid the swing shift!!!!

AWESOME ADRs!!! You are going to have a wonderful trip!

Oh, and good luck with the job interview!!!

Yes we're pretty excited about the plans in Sept Willow would love the BBQ and I think you would too As I said job interview didn't work out this time but I have faith everything will work out in my future

Sorry you didn't get the job. :hug:

Glad Fantasia is fine.

It's okay important thing is I am learning more and more to take life as it comes, day by day, sometimes minute by minute I always did live life like that but as I get older and things happen that are totally unexpected it just drives that attitude home Fantasia is such a part of our lives We have her since she is about a month old and she is now 14 1/2 and.... she IS a Pluto lover :goodvibes

I'll be back in a few hours to finish responses and to start telling you all about last week and a new experience

Thanks for stopping by, it's been so long I have to say I forgot your name :blush: Am I right...Jane ? Please stop by more often I promise not to be so scattered aka: boring

Hahaha, not Jane, Stephanie :goodvibes I try to catch up on my subscriptions every day, but most of the time don't have time to post, I am following along, and I don't think you're boring at all! Love seeing your pictures, especially the animals. I only have one small dog, but I would have a houseful if I could!

Hahaha, not Jane, Stephanie :goodvibes I try to catch up on my subscriptions every day, but most of the time don't have time to post, I am following along, and I don't think you're boring at all! Love seeing your pictures, especially the animals. I only have one small dog, but I would have a houseful if I could!

:lmao: well I have NO idea where Jane came from Thanks Stephanie so very happy to meet you Glad I am not boring you to tears, so nice what you said ONE dog :confused3 we USED to be " normal " too Not for over 30 years though, they are a joy MOST days What kind do you have? Post a pic if you like :goodvibes

First off, Gilbert is a doll. He's gorgeous!

Secondly - 10 days to "home" awesome

Thirdly - I find that if I don't address pictures immediately I find a tall man with a red goatee lurking over me asking why I haven't yet. And why haven't I posted...etc. Although I will say that Cale is usually the one who deals with the Vacation photos, as the videos are his deal.

Spring Break is upon us and we are busy. or will be - as an indoor facility we don't get as crazy on beautiful days like today, but the rest of the week is supposed to be below 60 degrees and then rainy on Friday.

Hugs all around!

Yes I am getting so excited for the trip ! I know you've been busy so glad you dropped in

Gilbert is a redbone coonhound He was the best of friends with Dillon and he went through a hard time for about a year after He's the boss around here right after Fantasia

No one around here to remind me to stay on top of pics so I just have to vow to get better at it Hi Cale :wave2:

Enjoy the single digit countdown, Ruthie.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :wave2:Hi to the boys !

I'm so excited for you! Hope your trip is great and all the snow is finally gone when you arrive! Have a great day! ( gotta love Gilbert!)

WOW Ruth long time no see Send Hello s to your lovely DDs from me I need you to send me your number again most of my numbers were fried in the old phone, I still have the same numbers would love to talk to you

SNOW....YIKES I didn't even think about that :scared1: I better dig out the winter clothes and plan better After reading your post I went to accuweather.com and yes NY 36 degrees with snow in forecast I am SO spoiled 50 degrees is cold to me

So get this I almost blew it and ruined the surprise today :eek:

I was on the phone with Aunt Mary I have always been her go to person when it comes to her dogs over the years

She was stressing that the little guy ( about 10 years old ) has some loose teeth and receding gums :rolleyes1 join the club doggie welcome to getting older

She had my cousin take the dog to her vet Vet said no worries as long as eating and not in pain don't have to do a thing Teeth may come out and even be swallowed with no problem She's not convinced Estimate is $700 to extract loose teeth but AGAIN honest vet says don't worry about it

So I try to reassure her and start to say..." I'll take a look when ,,,,,, " quickly changed gears to " I'll take a look when I get a chance tonight on the internet see what I can find out for you " ......:laughing: Whew that was a close one

I come from a BIG sports loving family some sports as spectators ( baseball hockey you name it if it involved a ball or a puck or a horse or whatever chances are there was a game on in the house sometimes several )

Some as participants Fondest memories belonging to a bowling league that my Dad was the coach of and the every Saturday mornings with Dad and Uncle playing ball in the neighborhood park

As we got older the lines were drawn in the sand NY Mets fan VS NY Yankees fan

All my life the biggest sports fans were my Dad and his brother my Uncle Joey Both have passed on to their rewards but I swear I really felt their presence last week In fact in the next set of photos ( next post ) I believe my Dad smacked me in the back of the head ! You'll see ...

I always knew in the back of my mind that The Atlanta Braves held their Spring Training down here at Disney's Wide World of Sports Never gave it a second thought Until a few weeks ago I looked into it Maybe because NY is on my mid Maybe because this is Derek Jeter's last year ( Capt NY Yankees team) and soooo easy on the eyes :love: who knows :confused3 but I got a ticket immediately when I found out the Yankees were playing

Good thing I did it sold out very fast I had a BLAST ! The chair felt a little crowded I know Tony & Joey were sharing it with me :goodvibes We beat them 7 to 0

I felt a strange combination of both homesickness and comfort seeing the New York on the jerseys It was an odd feeling

and then.......:faint: good grief Does this make me a COUGAR :lmao:?

sorry Fred sorry Daddy :lmao: I just can't help myself :upsidedow...and here I get the smack !!

I mean honestly.......:goodvibes It was an AWESOME day for so many reasons

oh yeah and look who helped throw out the Play Ball pitch :thumbsup2

Here's my furbaby ...

She's a long haired Chihuahua - Lucy :lovestruc

So fun that you got to go to a spring training game! At one point I was looking at coming in April with Jim (instead we moved the trip to Oct) and I looked into a game. We are not Braves fans but we do catch a game occasionally especially when they are playing our Pirates! And we do go once in a while when the have Bark in the Park. Haley loved going but Eddie hated it. They sit you in the highest seats and I think it scared him because he hide his head under my arm the whole game. Now we take Alex because he's the only one we have who behaves in those situations. :rotfl:

Here's Haley at the last game we took her to before we lost her. She was already sick so we only made it 5 innings and then Jim had to carry her back to the car.

The Braves are actually moving to a new stadium north of Atlanta which is much closer to our house. Maybe we will go more often then.

:wave2: Hi Ariana Ahh Haley great picture she's playing ball with Dillon and so many others I KNOW it and they brought us together :goodvibes I heard that about the Braves moving not sure if another team will be having their spring training at WWS I can only hope it's a NY team pixiedust:

Hello 2 leggeds this is Gilbert Pleased to meet you Since my pack leader is still very disorganized I am taking over for this morning

She has been a whirlwind of trying to clean catch up on laundry and get organized here on the Dis I understand the male ( who THINKS he is our pack leader :rotfl2: ) will be coming back soon which is causing all this activity

I will say this, Ruthie did finally manage to find that wire to connect her camera to the computer and found out there is 431 pictures from Nov to this morning in there Personally I think one of the dachshunds PIA that they are hid it :rolleyes2 ( actually they're not both a PIA the female is kinda cute )

So just wanted to tell you what has been going on around here, I'll probably hit the eBay site soon as I love me some toys So two leggeds have a great day ...kisses to your 4 legged kids.....oh yeah before I go:

What I REALLY think of this Pluto character :

Well written!!! I love gilbert! love him!

I am so sad though. My heart so so heavy. I though you & I... could be forever friends. (insert gentle sobs). But, you see.... I am a BOSTONIAN!!!! Yankees? really? why did it have to be Yankees? I'm just kidding with ya, I already knew you were a Yankees fan. I mean, you hear that voice and you just know. lol However JETER? aw... urg.... :upsidedow okay he's cute. and apparently talented. but ... oh, never mind. :rolleyes1
At least you are not a Jets fan. Then we may have a problem. popcorn::

Now, seriously, I am so happy you had a wonderful time at the game. And (something you will NEVER see/hear me say again), I am happy the Yankees won.

It was nice talking with you today.

Well written!!! I love gilbert! love him!

I am so sad though. My heart so so heavy. I though you & I... could be forever friends. (insert gentle sobs). But, you see.... I am a BOSTONIAN!!!! Yankees? really? why did it have to be Yankees? I'm just kidding with ya, I already knew you were a Yankees fan. I mean, you hear that voice and you just know. lol However JETER? aw... urg.... :upsidedow okay he's cute. and apparently talented. but ... oh, never mind. :rolleyes1
At least you are not a Jets fan. Then we may have a problem. popcorn::

Now, seriously, I am so happy you had a wonderful time at the game. And (something you will NEVER see/hear me say again), I am happy the Yankees won.

It was nice talking with you today.

Sit down.....BIG NY JETS fan since I fell in love with Joe Namath decades ago........:stir:

WAY beyond friends :hug:

Hi Ruthie!

Just checking in! Enjoyed your spring training update, although well, the Yankees..... I'm a Mariners girl. :confused3 :laughing:

I think you must be leaving for your big NY trip tomorrow? I hope you have a a wonderful time and can't wait to hear all about it!

I also wanted to show you what I made for Willow recently. Thought you might really enjoy it! :goodvibes It's Miss Willow's new favorite tshirt. ;)

Edited to say that I have re-read your ticker, and I think you are in NY right now!!! I hope you are having an amazing time!

RGirl said:
Hi Ruthie!

Just checking in! Enjoyed your spring training update, although well, the Yankees..... I'm a Mariners girl. :confused3 :laughing:

I think you must be leaving for your big NY trip tomorrow? I hope you have a a wonderful time and can't wait to hear all about it!

I also wanted to show you what I made for Willow recently. Thought you might really enjoy it! :goodvibes It's Miss Willow's new favorite tshirt. ;)
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/Love...ry 2014/Extra Stuff/file_zps40100e77.jpg.html

Edited to say that I have re-read your ticker, and I think you are in NY right now!!! I hope you are having an amazing time!

Hi Roni yes got in yesterday. Aunt and I are thrilled spending time together. When cousin gets home from work even more happiness. Didn't have a great start yesterday BS over rental car. Will fill you in next week. Sorry can't see your project
Picture.... presume Pluto cupcake
Was talking about probably because I'm on my phone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter