• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AAP and Hagrid's - Universal

Roobear77

Mouseketeer
Had a lovely interaction with a Universal TM on the phone, and have my husband's AAP ready to go for our trip in 10 days.
Was wondering what people's experience has been using it at Hagrid's? Considering it doesn't have an express pass line, where do you join the line with the AAP?
How much of the queue details do you miss? Wondering if we should plan a trip through the main queue without him so the kids can see the details...
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Had a lovely interaction with a Universal TM on the phone, and have my husband's AAP ready to go for our trip in 10 days.
Was wondering what people's experience has been using it at Hagrid's? Considering it doesn't have an express pass line, where do you join the line with the AAP?
How much of the queue details do you miss? Wondering if we should plan a trip through the main queue without him so the kids can see the details...
Thanks in advance!
My husband was on it with a friend on a recent trip and thought the queue was pretty boring. He also said the posted wait was 180 minutes - on a day the park was not really very busy.
His assessment of ‘boring’ might have been related to the wait, so someone else might think it’s worth seeing

Thanks in advance!
You get your return time at the entrance, there are umbrellas and the folks there fill it out. When you return (same spot) we always get sent in to the right lane. Sometimes it is used as Single Rider and sometimes not. I have only gone that way so I do not know what the regular queue looks like. But even the AAP queue is a long walk to the ride. Lockers are to the left if you are looking at entrance.

Be prepared that it will possibly eat up hours of your AAP time so plan accordingly. If the regular wait is not too bad, maybe do that to see the queue and use that time to eat up your wait for something else on AAP. When the park first opens folks rush there and Velocicoaster. Our last trip it wasn't even opening early so wait was already something like 280 minutes by time we walked up. We found it best to get a time after the ride was running, the line had shortened and wait time plateaued.

Last edited:
It is possible to get an AAP in advance? I am so new at this, it has been so many years since we requested one at Universal for my son. I still have his old paper one from there. We used to book a hotel with FOTL so didn't really need it, but next trip is staying at Adventura in a few weeks. TY!

It is possible to get an AAP in advance? I am so new at this, it has been so many years since we requested one at Universal for my son. I still have his old paper one from there. We used to book a hotel with FOTL so didn't really need it, but next trip is staying at Adventura in a few weeks. TY!
But do verify ... since they are still a paper pass, do you still have to stand in line at Guest Services and pick up the paper pass? If so, I'm not seeing an advantage.

If you go to get in person, take that paper pass with you. I always keep mine, take it with me and the process is much simpler.

Our last trip it wasn't even opening early so wait was already something like 280 hours by time we walked up.

280 hours Like almost 12 days? (I kid! I kid!)

But, on a serious note, I'll have Express Pass my next trip, but I'm not sure if I can get AAP. If I don't, I'll pretty much be doing what everyone else is that day, right?

280 hours Like almost 12 days? (I kid! I kid!)

But, on a serious note, I'll have Express Pass my next trip, but I'm not sure if I can get AAP. If I don't, I'll pretty much be doing what everyone else is that day, right?
UGH time for bed! 🥴

But might as well been - no way minutes was doable either.

You can call and speak to a TM ahead of time, I was told to do it within 30 days of our trip. If they approve the AAP they give you a reference number, which you quote when you get to guest services and get the pass.
For anyone that has concerns about explaining needs in public etc then it can take that stress away. My understanding is that it does decrease significantly the amount of time you send at guest services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter