ABC Soap Opera Bistro

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
When my family first went to DCA my mom and I took a peek at ABC Soap Opera Bistro and although we didn't get to eat there my mother and I saw part of the soap opera show it had and it looked impressive but why ABC Soap Opera Bistro charged expensive prices for their food i'll never understand because when DCA first opened ABC Soap Opera Bistro was destined to be a popular restaurant for soap opera fans but also their soap opera merchandise was expensive as well too. I think these main reasons are why ABC Soap Opera Bistro closed in 2003 and replaced with Disney Junior Live On Stage. If ABC and DIsney team up and create another soap opera themed restaurant I bet it would do well in DCA
Why did ABC Soap Opera Bistro fail?

DCA was slow since basically day one

Soap opera's are big but also the people wanting to pay lots of money to eat on fake sets....I think back then was pretty low.

DCA also had wayyyy too many restaurants, and so they needed to close a few and make them into attractions to attract more guests
The reason they went with Disney Junor was to draw in more families with young kids because the park day one was more for adults/teen

I think it is because the theme isn't as interesting to everyone. I love the %0's Prime Time Cafe and SciFi Dine In at the Studios in Orlando but the Soap Opera theme didn't interest me at all. I may have eventually gone to it but the pricing was also a factor. I will pay the higher price for an interesting theme. I thought it was stupid to turn it into an attraction as opposed to just retiming it to something more interesting.

Considering ABC only has one Soap Opera nowadays, I don't think this would be any more popular (and likely less so) than it was when DCA opened.

If ABC and DIsney team up and create another soap opera themed restaurant I bet it would do well in DCA
Why did ABC Soap Opera Bistro fail?
Just to clarify, Disney owns ABC, so they are teamed up.

It failed because DCA was failing. We went there when my daughter turned 16 (she is 37 now.). It was absolutely fantastic. We loved it. I wish it had lasted.

My family and I were fortunate enough to have dined at the Soap Opera Bistro during it's short run. I really do wish it had been successful because it was such a fun experience. Lordy, it has been such a long time ago and my memory is not so great but I do remember that even though I was the only one of the family who could qualify as a soap fan everyone in the family had a great time interacting with the "cast".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter