ABC to bring back the western

WDWHound

DIS Veteran
It looks like someone at ABC might have actually had an original idea (no word yet on who he is or when he will be shot for this crime). ABC has geenlighted what seems to be a very interesting take on the traditional western called "Then Came Jones". The show will be set in El Paso arround 1900. It will deal with the loss of the cowboy culture to progress.

Heres a link to a story from CNN on the show.
http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/27/abc.jones.reut/index.html

Has anybody heard anything more on this?

I thought maybe this had come from the collaboration with HBO (along the lines of Sapranos is not your grandfather's gangster show) but it says that they were working on it a year ago but it was only now greenilghted for the pilot.

If they want to make a excellant western they need to hire somebody like Clint Eastwood who understands what makes a great western!!! But if abc is in charge there is little hope they will do it right and just cause more damage to the possiblity of the western movies.shows returning!!

I loved westerns when I was a kid and would love to see one on TV.

What I thought was funny was this:
The main character is Ben Jones, the town's kingpin of sin.
Remember Ben Jones, real life actor? He played Cooter on "Dukes of Hazzard" and was later elected to Congress from GA. Now he's the Democrat running against an incumbent Republican here in VA (my district, in fact). Interesting the "kingpin of sin" shares a name with a politician. :teeth: Of course, I think former Rep. Jones has a good enough sense of humor to have fun with that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter