ABC's of Trip Planning (Oct 10-20), Vol. 2- Z is for: Zippidee Doo Dah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My spouse has incredibly severe RA and has since 1998. She has been on every single RA drug that has been released since then including all those you mentioned.

Every one of them gave her great relief, for a time. Then it either stoped working or caused her liver readings to go through the roof. She has tried Enbrel, Humira, Remicade, Orrencia, Arava, Plaquenil, and at least five others I can't remember, most have been infusion based. However her current drug is Xeljanz (a twice daily pill) which has been working well for her, but the problem with that one is that you need a small fortune in reserve as the first couple months (before the deductible kicks in) run around $1200. After a couple months it's only about $160 per month. That's with Medicare.

Any of the infusion based drugs did a million times better than Methotrexate. In fact I'm not sure that Methotrexate ever did much of anything for her.

Glad you've got this covered! You know WAY more than I do on this subject!! Chat on, Girls! Let's support Jenn!

Isn't it single digits dance time???

YES IT IS!!!!

Yay Liesa!

We are goin' to Disney this month!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

This month AND it's down to a week!!

I'm sooo excited for you!!! I just can't believe after all this planning and analyzing...it is finally almost here!!!

SO, SO Close!!!!!!

Just in time for our visit Disney has increased DVC and AP discounts at some of their restaurants and stores!

It's what is done. :headache:

I leave for the airport 1 week from tomorrow- so actually in 8, I'll be in OFFICIAL Vacation mode. Now to get through 4 more work days!

Some random things left on

I will sure try!!! We, Marv, Pat and I and whoever else was planning to come to the EPCOT Meet, are probably going to end up over at AK instead to just be sure! If they open it on the 16th as rumored, I wanna be there!!!

Wa that the day of the Via Napoli dinner or another meet up?

Wa that the day of the Via Napoli dinner or another meet up?

Yes, it is/was. I was going to call you and ask if we should move over to AK after VN? If ROL doesn't happen, we can try for a ride on EE or walk a trail, or just hang out in the DAWA.

Disney does that all the time. Case in point: No crazy dancing on the WEDWay.

Boooooooooring!

They used to air a Twilight Zone marathon every Thanksgiving Day when I was growing up. I spent most of the day watching those because it was more fun than standing around eating Clam Dip and Chips.

Yes!!
We didn't get the channel that it was on,
but we'd go to my cousin's house
and I'd watch it there.

Awesome stuff.

Yes, it is/was. I was going to call you and ask if we should move over to AK after VN? If ROL doesn't happen, we can try for a ride on EE or walk a trail, or just hang out in the DAWA.
I don't typically do night time shows anymore due to crowds on the buses with my scooter. I'll play it by ear. I was afraid you were going to switch park days/restaurants... I have Frozen FPs for Ryne and I late that afternoon.

I will sure try!!! We, Marv, Pat and I and whoever else was planning to come to the EPCOT Meet, are probably going to end up over at AK instead to just be sure! If they open it on the 16th as rumored, I wanna be there!!!

Wait!!!??? Is this the meet on the 19th where we were going to start in Norway and then move on to the Ditch???

:sad: :sad:

Epcot worked for me cause we're at the BCV but if a bus or other transportation is involved I'm going to be out. We're too early into Vacay and too tired to make long journeys, especially since Fran may want to bail on me.

X is for- X-tra Person = X-tra Fun and X-tra Planning

With the addition of Michaela, a lot of flurry and flutter has been happening. It's just not as easy as forfeiting your state of being debt-free after exiting the Pirates of the Caribbean, or walking around World Showcase, to just add a person less than 2 weeks before going to Disney. At all.

Our first hurdle was the fact, that she became the 5th man, so to speak, for 2 of our trip nights. That in itself is a HUGE problem. We, Brook and I, explored the possibility of switching to a Suite for those 2 nights, but coincidentally, those 2 nights happened to be the 2 that span our switch to AKL. So, one night we'd have to switch to a suite at AoA, of which NONE, exactly ZERO, were available for our stay. AND we'd have to have 1 night in a suite at AKL- of which NONE are available. It is not OK to just NOT have her go at all, so she'll be the 5th, on the sly, and someone, most likely Zach, will be on the floor. Not to worry, my kids slept Crapistan-style, on the floor with thick blankets, for 10 years; it's something they're used to. We won't be spending a ton of time there anyway, so it's all good.

The next problem it created was that someone, either Mike or Mikki, would be ineligible for taking ME to and from the airport. In the end, he who has the smart phone was the biggest loser. And that would be Mikki. Mike insists on living in the 12th century and doesn't even have a phone that can receive calls in our own house. Somehow, given that, he was the proud recipient of the Babysitting Bus Service because he had no way to hail an Uber or Lyft ride. So, Mikki will get herself to AoA on the 12th, which actually, while WAY more expensive, will get her to the parks sooner. One of the few recent Pay to Play schemes I'm ok with. Ahem.

Then we had to worry about a ticket. I didn't want to risk having the less expensive option of an UCT ticket not showing up in time, so we had to go with the WDW option. I guess it'll just be at will call and I show my credit card I bought it with when we get to the Park. I got her a 5 day PH, and luckily we had all 4 parks planned in the span of her trip.

BUT, one thing that was ALSO planned on the 15th, was a DAY OFF! That's just not okay to have her burn a day of a Disney vacation sitting by the pool. If you're there for a 10 day trip, that's something altogether different. But she doesn't have that luxury. Sadly, the rest of us do not have an extra park day/ticket. So we had 2 options, we could move our day off to another day, but then Mike would be sitting around a day- can't we have that either. But the bigger reason for NOT re-arranging our schedule is that it's WAY too late to worry about new (or any) FiPs. So we did what any reasonable Disneyphiles with half a brain would do and will be adding another park day to our tickets upon arrival. According to Brook, that should only be about $15 pp. I can live with that. Yes, a day off to leisurely rest, sleep in, go to DTD, or whatever would have been nice, but spending time coastering with Mik will be even better.

Yet another thing we had to consider was the Behind the Seeds Tour. Although I haven't officially heard, Brook is working on adding her to that tour. I can't imagine it'll be that hard of a task, as it is still a walk-up/day-of tour. What she will be missing is the Wanyama Tour and dinner at V&As, since, while I love my daughter with all my heart, I cannot love with her ALL of my wallet.

So, here's the Deets in a nutshell: she'll be taking the red eye out of PDX on the 12th and arrive on the 13th by way of Uber around 10:00 putting her to AoA around 11:00. She'll have to get her own luggage, but she's not even sure if checking a bag is in the plan. We'll be off to EPCOT that afternoon and take in the Seeds Tour. Mike arrives a few days later on the 16th, and may or may not make it to the park that night. I am kinda doubting it. Either way, Mikki leaves on the mid-morning of the 18th so she can be back to class on Wednesday morning. Unbelievably, she's only missing 1 day of class.

Meanwhile, while so many others say it's a hard time waiting out the time between Fast Passes and actually going, but I have found that to not very hard at all. I've been so incredibly busy, not just with continued Disney Planning and with refining our packing and making sure all the little details are taken care of, but with just normal, everyday, uber-busy life in general. When I was hired I honestly thought I'd be working 20-24 hours a week. Instead, I'm getting upwards of 27-30. Not complaining. But nope, no time to sit and be too antsy. I only have 4 more work days this week, Wednesday is appts for my hair and nails and breakfast with a friend, Saturday will be packing up the kids' stuff, and Sunday is travel day!!!!!!!

Last night I was asked to do a photoshoot for a group going to Homecoming. We had a lot of fun as it was at our local carousel and I think I got some decent out takes. You know what's cool? I did a little reading online and then showed up early to practice the technique of capturing a rider while blurring the background. It's not easy but I got a couple of good ones of random kids.

The better shots from the Home-comers:

We all had a great time!

Lastly, what's on the Last-Week-Before-Vacation's Docket?

Hair and Nails and brows
Buy twinkle-y lights for our window decorations
Pack/find an extension cord
Get my kids to pack or take the pictures of pigs flying, whichever comes first
Connect with @eandesmom (Cynthia) about meeting before our flight
Sell the goat tomorrow
Pack my couple of single serving small bottles for Letters U and Y Challenge drinks. (Does that make any of you want to change your answers?)
Pack the last shipment of clothes hopefully coming tomorrow
Print Mike's and Mikki's travel and first day instructions and a Master Itinerary for each person coming
Attach the yellow luggage questions when they arrive
Call my DISMeet Peeps to confirm phone numbers

Buy a black ribbon for Anara's hair for her MNSSHP costume

Next to last post: Tate is gathering his own supplies to take on the trip and is almost ready to meet you all! Look for his dapper little self on Wednesday!

Last edited:
DISMeeters:

@franandaj , @mom3sonstt , @GoofyFan1515 , @Poolrat, @DISNEYMOON10121991 , @Malia78 , @englishrose47

AND ANYONE ELSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO JOIN, I SWEAR NONE OF US BITES!

Rumor has it that the new Rivers of Light Show at AK is possibly having a Soft Opening/ Preview on the 16th. We had (some of us) planned to meet at Via Napoli for dinner at 4:00 then walk around WS for dessert or something. The plan wasn't really solid, but whatever we'd find to do, it will be sure to be fun!

With the possibility of that show, I can say that I'd really like to try to make it, but am open to gauging the rumors and leaving the Plan open until we know more as it gets closer since nothing, including a time, is known for sure.

Alison, this doesn't affect the 19th! We're still on for meeting in Norway then moving over the The Ditch.

As for the 16th, let's just play it by ear. If the show DOES happen, and it's 7:00 or later, we could make our way over to AK after dinner and some Meet time. If it's NOT going to go on as rumored, we'll stick with EPCOT time.

OK, I can see where that would be a pain to add a fifth person if you're not in a DVC unit. With the remodel of the studios, most can fit a fifth person, even the studios. I'm glad you have a way to work it out.

I hope everything comes into play for you. I was reading your list of "what's left to do" and I was like, "Ok, sounds about right, good, makes sense, SELL THE FREAKIN GOAT?" Where does that come into play before a vacation? Do you not have someone to look after it or have you been planning on selling it all along?

Pack my couple of single serving small bottles for Letters U

OK, this one just sounds wrong to me. The bottle is not an empty one, the kind with a little label on the outside and a sealable lid, that they hand you a wipe with the bottle? Is it? :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: I think I'm about ready for my vacation too, if I'm getting this punchy!

and Y Challenge drinks.

Not sure what this would be, perhaps some chromosome donation. :confused3

Alison, this doesn't affect the 19th! We're still on for meeting in Norway then moving over the The Ditch.

Whew! I was confused. I thought you were having dinner at Via Napoli on the 19th and Flying Fish on the 16th, but I guess I didn't follow the day by day as well as I could have. Cool! Looking forward to that night!

I don't know how many days your tickets already are, and maybe you've already done this. But if you haven't already, you may want to look at upgrading one of your tickets to an annual pass. Not only would you get your extra Mikki-day but they're offering 20% off at several restaurants/shops. (Including Flying Fish and three at AKL) That may offset the additional cost. AND it's good for 13 months now giving you an extra month to try to sneak in another trip...

Boooooooooring!

Since I am anything but boring ( most of the time) I will find ways around this nonsense.

Yes!!
We didn't get the channel that it was on,
but we'd go to my cousin's house
and I'd watch it there.

Awesome stuff.
Absolutely! Wonder if I'll get any TV watching done on vacay?

(That was a joke!)

I'm getting up and around slowly as well!

I hope your day was fabulous! Mine was ho-hum ish. Cleaned, did a lot of DISsing, made taco salad for dinner, and talked about the trip with Mikki for a while.

OK, I can see where that would be a pain to add a fifth person if you're not in a DVC unit. With the remodel of the studios, most can fit a fifth person, even the studios. I'm glad you have a way to work it out.

I hope everything comes into play for you. I was reading your list of "what's left to do" and I was like, "Ok, sounds about right, good, makes sense, SELL THE FREAKIN GOAT?" Where does that come into play before a vacation? Do you not have someone to look after it or have you been planning on selling it all along?

I"m sure it'll work out just fine.

Yes, we've been planning on selling the goat since his brother died a while back. He's lonely and bleats constantly. So tomorrow AM at 9:00 he's out the door! We'll get 2 new ones next spring. And all the better before vacation- no, it would be hard for us to find someone to come over and stake him out every day.

OK, this one just sounds wrong to me. The bottle is not an empty one, the kind with a little label on the outside and a sealable lid, that they hand you a wipe with the bottle? Is it? :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: I think I'm about ready for my vacation too, if I'm getting this punchy!

NOpe, not drinking any pee. I hope youre in bed.

Not sure what this would be, perhaps some chromosome donation. :confused3

hew! I was confused. I thought you were having dinner at Via Napoli on the 19th and Flying Fish on the 16th, but I guess I didn't follow the day by day as well as I could have. Cool! Looking forward to that night!

I don't know how many days your tickets already are, and maybe you've already done this. But if you haven't already, you may want to look at upgrading one of your tickets to an annual pass. Not only would you get your extra Mikki-day but they're offering 20% off at several restaurants/shops. (Including Flying Fish and three at AKL) That may offset the additional cost. AND it's good for 13 months now giving you an extra month to try to sneak in another trip...

Last edited:
and someone, most likely Zach, will be on the floor.

:laughing: You add in a person but it's Zach that winds up on the ground! Does he know this yet?

Mike insists on living in the 12th century and doesn't even have a phone that can receive calls in our own house.

:eek:

Yes, a day off to leisurely rest, sleep in, go to DTD, or whatever would have been nice, but spending time coastering with Mik will be even better.

::yes:: Agreed.

What she will be missing is the Wanyama Tour and dinner at V&As, since, while I love my daughter with all my heart, I cannot love with her ALL of my wallet.

:lmao:

I only have 4 more work days this week, Wednesday is appts for my hair and nails and breakfast with a friend, Saturday will be packing up the kids' stuff, and Sunday is travel day!!!!!!!

Wow! That's just around the corner now!

We had a lot of fun as it was at our local carousel

Oh! I didn't know that!

Panning I presume?

The better shots from the Home-comers:

All really nice.

But I really like this one. It's very similar to a shot I took of Dee's grad.

Really like that one too.

I SWEAR NONE OF US BITES!

HA!

Since I am anything but boring ( most of the time) I will find ways around this nonsense.

I should hope so!

Absolutely! Wonder if I'll get any TV watching done on vacay?

I can state that in both my solo trips, the TV was never even touched.
I think Kay may have watched a bit when I went with her, but more likely she just did stuff on her phone.

:laughing: You add in a person but it's Zach that winds up on the ground! Does he know this yet?

We've been doing this long enough, that yeah, I think it goes without telling him. He expects it. I mean, a teenage boy... in bed with his sister. Uh, pretty sure he'd do it without us even asking him to.

Wow! That's just around the corner now!

I'm afraid my list is longer than the hours I have to get stuff done.

Panning I presume?

You ARE the man!

But I really like this one. It's very similar to a shot I took of Dee's grad.

By now you know I love detail shots. I got a nice upwards shot on her date of his boutonierre (sp?)

I can guarantee that ours will not be either!

I can guarantee that ours will not be either!

Funny, we use it as a baby sitter and I don't like to go without news meaning the latest police shooting and to know where the latest riots will be happening, as it seems unfortunately there is another one every day.

Funny, we use it as a baby sitter and I don't like to go without news meaning the latest police shooting and to know where the latest riots will be happening, as it seems unfortunately there is another one every day.

I guess when I'm there, I want nothing to do with the real world as much as possible. Gonna get in the bubble and escape hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter