ABC's of Trip Planning (Oct 10-20), Vol. 2- Z is for: Zippidee Doo Dah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to remote Central Oregon tomorrow and Tuesday. Hope to get some pretty pictures for you and just relax for a couple days!

Be well and happy, Friends!!

Steppe

It will probably be someone who got a room on the 4th floor and had to go to the Food Court to get soda, food and miscellaneous crap 25 times a day. Not sure who would do that but....

That reminds me... must put in request for ground floor.

And I have no idea whom you are referring to.

:rolleyes1

Why, yes. Yes, I do. And they are rather tasty too. With ginger, sesame oil, and plenty of ground pork and veggies. And of course piles of sweet chili dipping sauce.

<whimper> I drive out of my way for a good egg roll.
And they're hard to come by.

I may have to drive west for a bit......

So you provided a feast fit for Emperors and Shoguns. Color me impressed.

All right!!!
You sure your DH won't mind if I color you?

Off to remote Central Oregon tomorrow and Tuesday. Hope to get some pretty pictures for you and just relax for a couple days!

Sounds great! Have a fun, relaxing and rewarding time!

A MONTH would be awful! Did you work under a provisional license then?? I know here in Oregon, they would issue one of those so you could get to work.

Yes, in Ontario you can apply for a temp license as soon as you have finished school and so long as you are registered to write the exam. You can work under that license until your exam results come in. If you fail the exam the license is revoked and you can't work until you have successfully completed the exam. In Ontario you have a three write limit so you have to be very careful if you fail twice because if you fail a third time it is done, over, never to return. One of the unions is working to overturn the write limit rule though so that people have a few more chances...

Yes, this job has a HUGE and very steep learning curve for me. I'm not used to managing and maintaining airways like this. Sometimes they come out with an LMA, sometimes an OPA. It can be tricky to time the removal just right. Also, pain management is going to be huge for me. For example, a lady I had yesterday was really struggling with pain and I let it get away from her- the Fentanyl just wasn't cutting it. It didn't dawn on me until too late that she really needed Dilaudid, and by the time it had gotten to an 8/10, another nurse had to call the anesthesiologist for a Dilaudid order. I will get it, but it'll take some time.

I'm sure you will pick up on it quickly! I don't deal too much with airways where I work. Sometimes we have a pt on a chronic vent and we have several people with track's but that is about it. We deal with tons of narcotics though.I feel as though I am constantly doling out hydromorphone.

Certainly not me... ;) (Would it be ridiculous to say I've started packing?)
Absolutely not! For example, I know some people who have already started putting some things together that won't arrive until, say, 4 days after you.

Be well and happy, Friends!!

Steppe
Have a great time and enjoy your break! Looking forward to the pics. :thumbsup2

Yes, in Ontario you can apply for a temp license as soon as you have finished school and so long as you are registered to write the exam. You can work under that license until your exam results come in.
You actually get to WRITE your own exam? And people still fail??? :scratchin:scared1: j/k :lmao:

not me... ;) (Would it be ridiculous to say I've started packing?)

If my suitcases were not still full of stuff from Alaska, I would be putting stuff together. Although normally I would have started making a list of what I'm packing. I don't even know what I'm wearing to V&A's yet! :eek:

Well I'm not sure if I gave you all my recos for the keys yet.. We went to a great place called Island Fish Company...great food and drinks and atmosphere...Also on the way down in Key Largo...must stop at Mrs. Mac's for key lime pie - or my personal fave - they key lime freeze...like a key lime pie shake...but sooo good....If you are into it, the Theatre of the Seas is a great place to visit with a lot of cool animal experiences you can do...As for recos for kayaking...unfortunately that I'm not much help with lol. The hotel we stayed at had kayaks you could use...but we did not venture very far from anything. Oh and the sea turtle hospital was pretty cool too!

Wowzers! Did you bump up the saturation?

I used a polarizing filter to pull out the blue/cut the glare, and bumped the saturation the tiniest of bits to pull out the green in the sage. Yes, those hills really are that red. Oh, I used the warming feature too, because the yellows weren't quite there.

Gorgeous photo! I'm taking a photography class on Saturday and I hope I can learn to start taking some gorgeous shots like that!

Jill in CO

I see your time with Brook was fun. Enjoy! How is Michael's summer in Bavaria going??

We really enjoyed meeting her and her family! They just came by at my work and delivered a lovely bag of American goodies in a great NYC DisneyStore bag before moving on to their next European destination.

Michael and I spent a few wonderful days in Prague which just is breathtakingly beautiful!!! And otherwise we very much enjoy each others company! :lovestruc

I used a polarizing filter to pull out the blue/cut the glare, and bumped the saturation the tiniest of bits to pull out the green in the sage. Yes, those hills really are that red. Oh, I used the warming feature too, because the yellows weren't quite there.

Really nice shot, Liesa.

We really enjoyed meeting her and her family! They just came by at my work and delivered a lovely bag of American goodies in a great NYC DisneyStore bag before moving on to their next European destination.

Michael and I spent a few wonderful days in Prague which just is breathtakingly beautiful!!! And otherwise we very much enjoy each others company! :lovestruc

Hey, my parents just spent time in Prague, too!

Thanks, Guys! I'm finally done editing the 500 photos, but am too pooped to do anymore on the computer tonight. The fact that my computer has been horked by other hands might have something to do with it too. For those on fb, you can see them there if you can't wait.

Had me a fine craptastic day at work to boot, and am safely tucked in bed now with my Harry Potter book ready to soothe me to sleep. Here's to a better day tomorrow, Friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter