ABD "mystery" announcement coming up tomorrow.

I posted this in another thread, but Joe Rohde posted on instagram that he will be hosting one of these "expeditions." It would be really neat to be on that one!

I posted this in another thread, but Joe Rohde posted on instagram that he will be hosting one of these "expeditions." It would be really neat to be on that one!
I replied to you in the other thread. :) He's doing the July 2023 departure of the Arctic Expedition. He's done this before, with the South Africa ABD. My guess would be that Arctic Expedition departure will sell out really quickly.

Sayhello

I would love this expedition, but we won’t be booking for several reasons:

1. Waiting for ABD to be on more solid footing with retaining booked adventures.
2. We booked the Galactic Cruiser for early May because it was something new and different (and love of Star Wars).
3. We are scheduled for a 4 night cruise on the Disney Wish next year—new and different (have been on all 4 Disney ships).
4. The only expedition that would work for us (and that could even be a stretch) due to work would be the second one. Having been on just 2 ABDs in the past, I refuse to set myself up for a repeat in disappointment as when Egypt was first released because I have a strong feeling both of these will sell fast, especially the second one.

I look forward to the day when we can once again feel confident in booking ABDs; we would love to try one outside of the US.

Made it easy for us. We're booked, and mentally prepared to just ride out whatever happens between now and then. We're also going to Europe that Dec, so this trip won't have other bits to complicate it. We'll book a refundable room for a couple nights prior and get travel insurance for what we can.

I'm still not interested in ABD's other offerings after the fiascos they've caused, and without Joe Rhode we wouldn't have booked this yet either. (Yes, I know he can drop out at any time.) Our December trip is booked direct with AMA Waterways for a Christmas market cruise, and we're going to the Galapagos & Amazon in January on our own.

I think it is VERY telling there are still so many rooms available.

Made it easy for us. We're booked, and mentally prepared to just ride out whatever happens between now and then. We're also going to Europe that Dec, so this trip won't have other bits to complicate it. We'll book a refundable room for a couple nights prior and get travel insurance for what we can.

I'm still not interested in ABD's other offerings after the fiascos they've caused, and without Joe Rhode we wouldn't have booked this yet either. (Yes, I know he can drop out at any time.) Our December trip is booked direct with AMA Waterways for a Christmas market cruise, and we're going to the Galapagos & Amazon in January on our own.

I'm glad you were able to book the Joe Rohde Arctic trip! :) I agree, the fact that they not only didn't sell out, but have so many rooms still available says a lot!

Sayhello

I'm glad you were able to book the Joe Rohde Arctic trip! :) I agree, the fact that they not only didn't sell out, but have so many rooms still available says a lot!

Sayhello
I want to book the Arctic cruise so bad but as a family of 5 it’s just way too expensive because the size of the cabins only fit 2 and then we would have to get a suite that sleeps 4 at $20k a person since all my kids are teens. So the trip would be almost $100k dollars 😬

I agree. I woke up this morning and almost called to book for my family, but after what happened with our 2020 trips (we were supposed to be on the Rhine D23 trip and a DL/SoCal trip), I just couldn't do it. I seem to have no faith that any of these trips will go without a hitch anymore. I am going to wait quite a while on this one and if staterooms are still available when we are ready to book, great. If not, that's ok too.

I want to book the Arctic cruise so bad but as a family of 5 it’s just way too expensive because the size of the cabins only fit 2 and then we would have to get a suite that sleeps 4 at $20k a person since all my kids are teens. So the trip would be almost $100k dollars 😬

omg. We are a family of 3, so I was going to book two, 2-guest rooms (if they let me) and swallow the single supplement on one of them so we wouldn't have to book a suite. It's unfortunate they don't have a better stateroom configuration for your family.

Oh wow, that would definitely have not been doable for us either! We're "just" two adults and snagged one of the cheapest rooms. :rolleyes1

I agree. I woke up this morning and almost called to book for my family, but after what happened with our 2020 trips (we were supposed to be on the Rhine D23 trip and a DL/SoCal trip), I just couldn't do it. I seem to have no faith that any of these trips will go without a hitch anymore. I am going to wait quite a while on this one and if staterooms are still available when we are ready to book, great. If not, that's ok too.

omg. We are a family of 3, so I was going to book two, 2-guest rooms (if they let me) and swallow the single supplement on one of them so we wouldn't have to book a suite. It's unfortunate they don't have a better stateroom configuration for your family.

One of the allowances for these is we can move or cancel and keep the $ as credit. I have no idea what we'd do instead, and again, I really want to go, and if I had to go today with how things are I'd be comfortable enough, but we can technically do that up to 280 days prior to the first day of the trip.

I might have considered booking the Arctic ABD trip with Joe Rhodes, but the date won't work for us.

That is a shame...! It was far enough out from where we've been willing to plan that we had nothing on the docket. I used to have trips planned out far in advance, but we've only gotten 2022 figured out so far (well, and now this).

Oh wow, that would definitely have not been doable for us either! We're "just" two adults and snagged one of the cheapest rooms. :rolleyes1

We had the cheapest most economical room with Le Ponant on our Abercrombie and Kent Antarctica cruise and I wouldn't hesitate to book it again. There was plenty of storage (our large suitcases fit under the beds), a nice balcony and enough room for 2 to be very comfortable in the room. We were only in the room to sleep and shower (daytime we were either on excursion, in the lounge, eating or at lectures), so didn't need anything more than what we had. I also really liked the location of the room on the ship. My friend paid several thousand more to be on the 5th deck and her room was identical to ours, but supposedly she had a better view (I thought our view was perfect). She said it was quite noisy as her room was right by the door to the bridge and staff were constantly coming and going and the door (to the bridge) was always opening and closing, which she could hear in her room, whereas our room was super quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter