? About Adding A Day To Car Rental

mirlow

Peace-Love-Disney
I have a good rate on a rental for two weeks. I want to add a day to the end, but if I do this (online) it states that I have to cancel and then make a new reservation. The rate would then go up a couple hundred dollars. If I call National can they do it so I have the same rate?

I doubt it VERY much. We lost our good rate from National as our plans changed and the rates went way up. The only thing you may be able to do is make a 1 day reservation but that would mean a trip back to National to sign back in the car and take it back out again. Not the best option but it might be workable. We even thought about the National on site but that won't work either, it has to go back to the site rented from. Good luck.

Did you print out your confirmation. If so, it will say extra days and a price. I had to do this 2 years ago, just told them when I picked up the car I was keeping it an extra day and was only charged what the daily rate listed was.

I would call them and say you are thinking about adding an extra day and what is their policy. That would give you an answer without making the change right away.

We had this dilemma last summer w/DOLLAR and even with printout...AND noted info after speaking to management prior to leaving for our trip, even tho we were told we would still recive the same rate just add on the additional days...it did NOT happen! We killed an hour trying to get it all worked out when we arrived but there was no way DOLLAR could give us the rate for the additional days. The clerk understood the issue, acknowledged the verification that management had made, but the "manager" who gave approval was from Idaho or somewhere, and the rate could not be duplicated at the MCO terminal. We walked down to AVIS and they were happy to match the origonal rate that DOLLAR was supposed to have honored. This is confusing I know...but I.M.H.O., I don't think the car agency can do it...nor would I TRUST THEM SAYING THEY CAN! Can you believe Dollar chose to lose the whole deal instead of trying to work it out? Check out the boards for some active codes... Mousesavers...and book a new ressie and then call back and cancel your current one. It isn't worth the hassle to do it any other way.

You should not keep the car an extra day without permission, they can charge you with auto theft. You can call them on the last day of the existing reservation and ask but if they say no, one driver will have to take the car back to MCO and take Mears back to WDW. If they say yes, then the extra day charge on the contract applies.

However if you are stuck in traffic and get back late, the extra hour and day charges are the maximum that apply.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Get onto these forums faster! Bookmark www.disboards.com instead of wdwinfo.com.

I'm going to keep the contract that I have. I was going to try and squeeze in an extra day, but I think being gone 2 wks is long enought. Now my problem is my flight will get in at 1:30 and I made the reservation for 4:30:confused: What should I do about that?

That shouldn't be a problem, it's the same day. I made a reservation for noon once and we ended up flying in the night before and stayed at an airport area hotel. We took the shuttle back to the airport about 8:00am and had no problem picking up the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter