? about bunkbeds at AKL

shari2shop

Cinderella is proof that shoes can change a girl's
I have been researching AKL for our trip in December. Since we have 2 children we were planning on getting the bunkbed room.

The other night I was looking at some pictures of the rooms with a bunkbed. I notice that there seems to be about a foot of space between the bunkbed and the wall. To me, that space seems 'wasted'. Does anyone know if the bunkbeds are attached/bolted to the walls or floor?? I would like to slide the bunkbed all the way against the wall. Do you think this is possible??? I would love to have all the floor space to be usable.

Thanks for any info!!!
:wave:
Shari

I don't know if the bunkbeads can be moved, but they would be VERY heavy!!! They are made of a very thick wood, and I don't think they could be moved if you wanted too. They're probably there for fire codes and ease in making the beds by housekeeping. Probably has something to do having two exits from the bed. There really wouldn't be that much additional room, since all you'd be getting is a little more space between the queen and the bynks, not worth trying to move them in my opinion.

The bunks at WL are the same way. We thought it would make more sense to have it against the wall but they are a pain to make that way. The Mousekeepers would hate it!

We had a bunk bed room at WL. It is a great place to store your empty suitcases after you unpack. We also wheeled our small umbrella stroller back, we didn't have to fold it and it was out of the way.

Yall are definatley right about the beds being hard to make when against the wall!!! I guess we won't bother trying to move them!

Thanks!
:wave:
Shari

when we stayed at the WL we had bunk beds~loved them~ and we put our suitcases between the bunks and the wall and then got extra pillows and put on top~ that way I didnt have to worry about my 2 year old rolling out of the bunk and plus it made it more comfy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter