? about Christmas in the World

laceemouse

laceemouse
We just closed on our VWL add-on and are considering a big Christmas 05 trip. We will not make it to a MVMCP as we will not head down until the kids are out of school. I know we can still do CP, Christmas Around the World, Osborne lights, but I was wondering about the MK activities. I read on another board that the parade will be the Christmas parade during Christmas week, some of the special shows will be going on, ect. I looked on the Disney website and it says that the parade will be the regular one. Seems weird to me that they would not do the Christmas parade on Christmas Eve and Day:( Anyone know for sure??? At AK it says there will be a Jingle Jungle parade through the holidays. Anyone with info about MK, I would appreciate it. Thanks, Lacee

In 1999 when we were at MK on Christmas Day, they DID do the Xmas parade. I have found that they parade and fireworks schedules generally do not firm up until just a few weeks before the actual date, so I wouldn't be concerned yet.

First of all, congratulations and welcome home!

Historically, the Christmas Parade replaces the "regular" MK afternoon parade after the last MVMCP event. The Christmas parade then runs daily until the end of December. At the same time, several of the Holiday shows also begin running during regular park hours. (Again, some of them only run during MVMCP events during the first half of December). This has been the pattern for at least since 1998 (my first early December visit).

I cannot believe this pattern will change. FWIW, it's not uncommon for the official site to have incorrect information regarding parades, fireworks or shows, especially after the information is first posted. I'm sure you will be able to see the Christmas Parade and the other Holiday shows while you are there in 2005.

2004 may be the first year for a "special" version of the AK parade. I don't recall hearing it called "Jingle Jangle" last year.

Best wishes -

don't worry it will be the Christmas one

WDW this week - changed the Thanksgiving schedule -

so they wait until the last minute to really fix everything.

Thanks to all of you! Your responses have made me very happy!! And yes Carol, I think the Christmas themed parade at AK is new for this year. We love the Jammin Jungle parade so we look forward to seeing this one. I guess they are trying to get more people over to AK. Now I just have to decide on the exact dates so I can know when to start calling MS, probably will do day by day ressies to make sure! Thanks again, Lacee

We stayed at the VWL last Christmas and it was one our best times ever at WDW. The VWL is well worth a trip during the Christmas season and if you can do it on Christmas itself, it's even better.

Have fun planning this great trip.

HBC

Thanks HBC, I think I have decided on our dates so I can start calling in January! I know it will be crowded, but we will concentrate on seeing the decorations and doing all the special holiday things. We just bought VWL 250 points and will get another 250 next August so we will have plenty for a nice long Christmas get away!

laceemouse...I think VWL may be "crowded" with disers that year!!!! RuthnPaul and myself are going as well!! I know it will be a busy time... but, we REALLY should meet up somewhere and get to know each other!!

We just closed on our VWL contract for the same reason...to stay over Christmas. Unfortunately, our contract was stripped, so I won't have as many days to stay there...but, we are psyched!!

:wave:

Beca

Beca, it seems funny to be planing over a year away, but I am getting excited already! Yes, we should plan a quicky meet.

Went in 2002, it was wonderful. The Christmas Parade replaced the regular parade it was spectacular! The parks are beautiful, and if you can get to the town of Celebration they hav nightly snowfalls!

Have a great Holiday!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter