? About DAS

Poohs Pal

DIS Veteran<br>Beautiful and smart so she says<br>
I have a condition called Polycythemia Vera.
The condition causes your blood to thicken and causes poor blood circulation. Which then causes strokes or heart attack. I have fortunately not had either since diagnosis around 2010. Due to my condition I have fatigue, joint pain and very low energy. I have never applied for DAS. I’ve managed by days ok up until my last visit October 2022. At that time my longest day in the park was 1pm. I then had to head back to the room and was wiped the rest of the day. I didn’t have issue getting back to the room and my family was able to continue the day in the park. Next trip is November this year. I’m going with my niece and great niece. I’ll be 70 😮 by then and my condition has really started to slow me down. The fatigue and joint pain is the worst. I will be renting a scooter. With all the new changes would I qualify for DAS or should I just go ahead and get genie+.
I would like to be able to enjoy more rides with my family before I need to leave the parks. Last time I did roller coaster’s but that won’t be happening this time lol. Anyway do you think I qualify for DAS. If not I’m at Disney so I’ll be a happy camper. I’ve been lucky enough to have had many many many many visit’s to do all the things on previous WDW trips…..

Under the proposed rules changes, Disney appears to be focusing the DAS on individuals with developmental disabilities such as autism. Even under the current process, your needs would be called "stamina-related" by Disney. Disney would likely typically suggest that you utilize an ECV, wheelchair, or rollator to provide somewhere to sit while you are in line. Under the new rules, a cane seat may be an additional option for you to consider.

We do not yet know how/what Disney may do regarding other types of disability needs. Some form of rider switch or other service may be made available.

As PP mentions, your needs would likely be considered mobility or stamina related with a suggested accommodation of using a mobility device. DAS is not intended to allow one to get more done in less time. Genie+ and/or ILL$ might help with that.

That said, you are welcome to try the video chat and ask, but be prepared for a "no" to DAS.

may just have to spend more time in the air conditioned shops shopping
Really that could be a whole trip in itself haha! I use an ECV because of bad knees (and just got one replaced woohoo!). I think you will hopefully find your stamina is better with the ECV and you'll be able to stay in the parks longer. Most of the line queues can take the ECV - and the ones that cannot have a wheelchair for you to transfer to that someone could push (or sometimes I've used a WC like a walker and pushed it myself).

Take advantage of the shows as well...great place for some A.C

I know someone that got G+ and had the return times all in the evenings she had I think 5 rides in like 4 hours you might want to take a morning off get G+ and stack some rides for the afternoon evening then go to the parks. just an idea
Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter