• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding a guest without a park ticket?

leebee

DIS Veteran
I have a packagw booked: Four nights at ASMu and a 2 day park hopper ticket for a solo trip in November. DD may be able to join me for two nights but can only do one park day. Can I add her to the reservation and just buy her ticket when we get to the park, or would she have to be added to the reservation and get a 2 day park hopper, even though she can only go to the parks on one day? I really don't want to pay for a ticket she won't be able to use.

I have a packagw booked: Four nights at ASMu and a 2 day park hopper ticket for a solo trip in November. DD may be able to join me for two nights but can only do one park day. Can I add her to the reservation and just buy her ticket when we get to the park, or would she have to be added to the reservation and get a 2 day park hopper, even though she can only go to the parks on one day? I really don't want to pay for a ticket she won't be able to use.
I guess it depends on what the restrictions are on the package. Once I booked a discounted room and at the last moment one of DGD’s friends joined us. All had annual park entrances except the friend so we just bought her park ticket at the
entrance on first day of use. HTH and have fun.

If it’s a package, then all guests must have the same package. Your best bet would be to buy you daughter a separate ticket now if you’re concerned about park reservations (or you can hold) then wait until you arrive and then go to the front desk & add you daughter to your room on the day she is slated to arrive.

You can add her to your room on your arrival day without having to buy a ticket. Just go to the front desk and have them add her. You could always buy her a separate ticket ahead of time which would be separate from your package tickets. :)

OK, so she can buy her ticket via her own MDE account and make a park reservation, and then I can add her to my room when I check in? This will work, thanks!
(A friend suggested just taking her with me, but I'm concerned that if I don't add her to the room, they'll assign me, a solo traveler, to a room with just one bed. It would be ok, but not ideal.)

OK, so she can buy her ticket via her own MDE account and make a park reservation, and then I can add her to my room when I check in? This will work, thanks!
(A friend suggested just taking her with me, but I'm concerned that if I don't add her to the room, they'll assign me, a solo traveler, to a room with just one bed. It would be ok, but not ideal.)

Yes, that will work. You could also convert your existing package to a "basic package" (room with no tickets), add her to the room and then purchase all needed tickets separately if you would rather add her before check-in.

I don't think you have to worry about getting a room with one bed at ASMu. King bed rooms are a separate booking category and the rest of the rooms would have two beds. :)

Just be aware that if you add her at check-in, she won’t get onsite perks including early entry. If that matters, pull your tickets off the package, add her to your room, and buy the tickets separately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter