Adding DDP

Cyberc1978

DIS Veteran
I’m considering adding the dining plan to my DVC.

I can’t recall if the DDP will show up on my MDE - anyone know if it does?

Just booked it for our trip next week. You can either call member services (for payment of more than 1 gift card) or add it with a credit card on the DVC site in your reservation. Enjoy...

Just booked it for our trip next week. You can either call member services (for payment of more than 1 gift card) or add it with a credit card on the DVC site in your reservation. Enjoy...
Thanks, I know how to add the DDP just wondered if the DDP will show up on my MDE afterwards or if that only applies to the DDP for direct reservations?

IIRC in the past DDP for DVC reservations did not show up on the MDE.

I added it on my MLK trip in MDE myself. It’s the same idea as linking your DVC reservation in MDE. Just take the DDP code after purchasing on the DVC site and link it in MDE.

I used it for my last trip and I enjoy having the option. It does take some planning to get your money's worth, but it can definitely be done.

I used it for my last trip and I enjoy having the option. It does take some planning to get your money's worth, but it can definitely be done.
With a family of 4 and 1 of them being a picky eater the numbers just don't work for us anymore. In the past the DDP was a good value but now like you have stated you have to plan.

I have noticed it only benefitting if you get an alcoholic beverage with each meal. My family does not drink so it makes more sense to just get everything a la cart. If it had a 2 snack option, I could see it easier to get to benefit us

Is the DDP even worth it anymore?
I did it for a girls' trip MLK weekend, no kids. I feel like we came out ahead since we enjoyed the alcohol and we weren't wasting snacks on junk for the kids they'd forget about. We snacked around Epcot, and it was really nice to have all of the trip prepaid for. I know everyone goes on and on about the gift cards, but we've been burned on those where someone had already utilized the code and they were blanks. NBD, it was for like $20, but after that experience, there's no way I am buying hundreds or thousands of gift cards and worrying about them being drained by someone else. Plus, the GCs are a PITA since you can't store them in MDE as a payment method. Disney needs to get their act together on that one.

Thanks, I know how to add the DDP just wondered if the DDP will show up on my MDE afterwards or if that only applies to the DDP for direct reservations?

IIRC in the past DDP for DVC reservations did not show up on the MDE.
Yes, we used it in February and it showed up in the app (we are DVC and booked with points) and it was easy to use. It wont show up until the date you check in-so don't look for it before then like I did. Also, as soon as I clicked check out the last morning- it disappeared so make sure you know what is left before checking out. Have fun and enjoy!

Current ddp is break even give or take for adults as long as you pick more expensive things.

It really shines for kids though. The price of it is right at what you’d pay per kid for character meals. It’s like buying that meal and getting their qs and snack for free. Gotta eat a lot of character meals though which people might not care for.

We are doing it for our may trip and planning character meals galore. Will be last time we will do it since oldest hits 10 and paying for a 10 year old at the adult pricing is a naw.

Oh even as adult if you don’t have access to other discounts if you get discounted gift cards to pay for it, it would still be worth it maybe depending on what you like to eat and if you are a drinker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter