Adding Dining Plan to Discounted Rooms

Julia M

DIS Veteran<br><font color =red>not clever, not wi
I'm wondering about adding the dining and park tickets to a room only ressie.

Right now, we have a AAA discount. Has anyone tried to add the package at check in? I know I could book through AAA, but I don't want to. Our agent had no idea what she was talking about...it amde me nervous. We're currently booked through DU.

What if AP codes or general codes come out. Could we add the package to those rates?

Julia

I like to know that too!

Booking a room-only AAA leaves hope that a code might come out.
The more I read about the dining plan the more it seems like it makes sense.

When I booked I asked the CM (actually several different CMs) if I could get price for AAA discount on room, passes, and dining and they said if we want dining and the AAA discount I *have* to book through AAA, because the computer won't let them book that. (Sounds fishy to me).

But I didn't think about adding it when I arrive.... so if anyone knows, please tell.

I have tried adding dinning to my room only ( I am using AAA discount) and you can Not do it thru Disney, you must call your AAA office and do a package thru them. To bad for me, but there were no availabilty during my time frame May 14- May 22! :Pinkbounc

Everyone is correct in that to book a package with an AAA discount, you must book through your local AAA office.

And no, unfortunately, you cannot upgrade to the dining plan when you check-in, regardless of what discount you currently have. I've been told by many CM's, including some a little "higher-up" than CRO or WDTC, that it must be done at least 48 hours in advance of your arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter