• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding one night, late check in

smallworldnh

DIS Veteran
Hi, I already have a 6 night 7 day trip booked at ASMo. I've been searching for flights and found one out of Boston the night before for 89.00, but they leave at 6 and arrive around 9:30pm. I'd like to add a room only for that night since we'll be arriving pretty late. Wondering if the cost of the room would cancel out a normal flight cost of around 229.00. Does Disney charge full price for the room, is it usually an issue to do this? Also, how does this work out with DME with the luggage delivery? Thank you!

Hi, I already have a 6 night 7 day trip booked at ASMo. I've been searching for flights and found one out of Boston the night before for 89.00, but they leave at 6 and arrive around 9:30pm. I'd like to add a room only for that night since we'll be arriving pretty late. Wondering if the cost of the room would cancel out a normal flight cost of around 229.00. Does Disney charge full price for the room, is it usually an issue to do this? Also, how does this work out with DME with the luggage delivery? Thank you!
Disney will charge full price for the room. You would have to find a room that is $140 or less to make the early flight worth the cost.

DME stops their luggage service at 10pm. So you would be better off planning to pick up your own luggage.

Disney will charge full price for the room. You would have to find a room that is $140 or less to make the early flight worth the cost.

DME stops their luggage service at 10pm. So you would be better off planning to pick up your own luggage.
That's kind of what I thought but was hoping there would be a discount. Makes sense though, since they would have to hold the room.

Thank you!

Just find a cheap hotel for that one night. Though I guess you wouldn’t be able to use ME that way? We arrive each trip very late the night before check in (but we drive) and rent a cheap hotel for that night since we get there so late, then we can start our vacay bright-eyed and we’ll rested.

If you're risk-tolerant, check out the priceline/hotwire threads. There's a good chance you might be able to find a last-minute on-site hotel for that late night check-in.

I would price out a room-only for one night for the same resort/room category you have booked for your package. Though you can't combine reservations, you can certainly ask the front desk CM, when you arrive, if you can simply stay in that same room for the duration of your trip. Then do the math to see if the flight offers any savings. IMHO, even if the room cancels out the discount or is slightly higher, for, possibly, very little upcharge, you may end up with more time to enjoy your vacation.

If you are planning on doing parks on your original arrival date, i personally think the late flight in is “worth it”. Monetarily it may cost more/break even, but you will be well rested into your hotel and be ready to enjoy the parks that first day!

If you are planning on doing parks on your original arrival date, i personally think the late flight in is “worth it”. Monetarily it may cost more/break even, but you will be well rested into your hotel and be ready to enjoy the parks that first day!

DITTO

That's kind of what I thought but was hoping there would be a discount. Makes sense though, since they would have to hold the room.

Thank you!
It isn’t that. Putting on my hotelier hat here. We sell nights, not days. So what you are asking for is another night’s stay. So, the hotel will charge you for the additional night, no discount. And why would there be when the hotel is using one of their inventory of room nights.

OP, if you are staying at ASMo then I would think it would definitely be worth it. It's not going to be much more, if at all, than $140 for one extra night there being a value resort. And you can still use DME. It wouldn't be worth the hassle of finding anything cheaper offsite. You can get to the hotel, have a good night's rest and have a full day of touring the next day and not have to waste time moving hotels.

OP, if you are staying at ASMo then I would think it would definitely be worth it. It's not going to be much more, if at all, than $140 for one extra night there being a value resort. And you can still use DME. It wouldn't be worth the hassle of finding anything cheaper offsite. You can get to the hotel, have a good night's rest and have a full day of touring the next day and not have to waste time moving hotels.
I think that's what we're going to do - It would end up being less expensive than to pay $200-300 each for check in day flight. Plus the idea of checking in and getting some rest and starting fresh is very appealing! Thanks all for your input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter