Adding people to deed question

ajpruett

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I have a 2010 resale contract I bought with my ex. Since it was a grandfathered contract, we never changed the deed. I'm wanting now to add my husband and daughter to it (and take ex off who is ok with it). Will that mess up my grandfathered status? Will my husband receive grandfathered status? I plan to reach out to Magic Vacation Title company but just wanted people's input first.

Changing the people on your DVC membership isn't going to impact its status as far as resale perks go, nor will the people you add to it be subject to different terms. Perks are not on a "per member" basis, they are associated w/ the contract.

Hi,

I have a 2010 resale contract I bought with my ex. Since it was a grandfathered contract, we never changed the deed. I'm wanting now to add my husband and daughter to it (and take ex off who is ok with it). Will that mess up my grandfathered status? Will my husband receive grandfathered status? I plan to reach out to Magic Vacation Title company but just wanted people's input first.
It won't mess up your status and it won't jeopardize any pending reservations. You can do it yourself for around $40 if it's one contract, LT transfers will be about $175 if it's at WDW. The ex will have to sign off on the deal.

Hi,

Not certain how old your daughter is but she must be at least 18 to be added to the deed.

It won't mess up your status and it won't jeopardize any pending reservations. You can do it yourself for around $40 if it's one contract, LT transfers will be about $175 if it's at WDW. The ex will have to sign off on the deal.
How do you do it yourself? I was told it would be $500!

Look up Dean’s other posts about it.

Disney sends you to their preferred people who charge a lot more.

I’m using LT right now. They are quoting more than 175, but nothing like what Disney says.

The short answer is you fill out a transfer form and send it to DVD for ROFR. Once you have that you need a deed and record the ROFR waiver and the deed. Then send a second transfer form and a copy of the recorded deed to DVD/DVC. I believe the forms are now on the website but not where I can check now. LT transfers will do if for FL for less than $175 total, $40 roughly if you do it yourself. Someone reported recently magic title would do it for $250.

The short answer is you fill out a transfer form and send it to DVD for ROFR. Once you have that you need a deed and record the ROFR waiver and the deed. Then send a second transfer form and a copy of the recorded deed to DVD/DVC. I believe the forms are now on the website but not where I can check now. LT transfers will do if for FL for less than $175 total, $40 roughly if you do it yourself. Someone reported recently magic title would do it for $250.
Thank you! I appreciate your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter