• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR Modification Success!

Raven01

Proud Momma to DD
I have not been to WDW in 15 years, so the dining reservation system is new to me.

I planned and followed the rules, but wasn’t quite able to get my DDs 2 year old birthday like I wanted. It is on a Party Day in December, and I wanted a BOG breafast, MK all day, then leave at closing at 6 for a birthday celebration at 1900 Park Fare (where I plan to get a Fondant covered mini cake).

I guess I didn’t realize how hard reservations would be, and with Disney’s IT problems, Wow. I had a backup plan, though, and checked religiously for random reservations to modify what I had. I made Touring Plans reservation checks. But my backup wasn’t ON her birthday, and I really, really wanted to be at the MK with those reservations on her special day (silly as that may be).

A couple of weeks ago I randomly picked up the BOG reservation. Battle one, done.

Last night, TP texted that 1900 Park Fare had a reservation. I was trying to book it within 10 minutes, and it was gone. I was so bummed.

I checked a lot for the next 30 minutes, then 1.5 hours later, it was back. No idea why -maybe it didn’t get posted when TP saw it, or was booked and canceled. But I got it.

My miracle girl will have her second birthday at the Magic Kingdom, and her dinner at the beautiful GF - a magical day for a special little one.

Battle two and War, won.

For those hunting for specific reservations, you have to be persistent. It takes time and patience. You might have to wait until FP reservations force people to change plans. But with effort you should be able to get the meal you want. If you are more flexible with restaurants it’s definitely easier.

But it can be done!

Congrats you can get almost any ADR if you put in the time, especially with all the people who make and cancel multiple ADR's for the same time.

Good for you that you got what you wanted. I am also checking daily, it is tougher for me as my party is 11 and is harder people cancelling large parties I think, but as for now I have:

Tusker House diner, Crystal Palace dinner, Hollywood and Vine Diner with Fantasmic, PPO in BOG (hopefully MK does´t change opening hour that date), Chef Mickey Dinner, Arkeshus with CP, and O´hana breakfast for our departure date.

I am on the DP, and travelling with 4 kids, so Character Dining matters to us.

So yes, the thing is keep trying =)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter