ADR Vent: My picky eaters are driving me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crostorfer

Gryffindor Gal
Just had to vent for a moment, please excuse the following rant...

Why oh why can't Disney TS restaraunts just be normal? Seriously? Why can't a Mexican restaraunt just have plain tacos with ground beef? Why do they have to be made from duck or pork? Seriously?!?! Why does everything at the Kona Cafe have to have either pineapple or coconut involved why I have a husband who won't touch either thing, or anything else that has touched either thing? Why will my husband scarf down bacon and sausage, yet turn up his nose and gag at the thought of pork tenderloin? Why does nearly everything include diced onions, carmelized onions, or sliced onions when I am married to a man that will dry heave at the mere sight of an onion? Why will a grown man not eat a steak if it is still attached to the bone??? Why can't all chicken be boneless, skinless breasts?!?! And why is there not a Hooters at Disney so that I can just send him there for the duration of our vacation and have him be happy as a clam?!?!?!?!?!?!:headache::headache::headache::headache::headache:

*sigh* Ok, I feel better now. I am having a *heck* of a time making my ADR's for our trip based on the fact that my husband will refuse to eat anything that he won't recognize. I am in love with the menus for several places at Epcot, we're going there regardless, but I very well may end up with 15 extra TS credits on our DxDP because the man will refuse to eat a darn thing. BAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm frustrated!!!!

Thank you all for letting me vent.

Because not everyone likes bland food.

Your husband is a grown man. Just make some ADRs at a few places you'd like to try and let him suck it up.

You have my sympathies!!
How frustrating! I have zero tolerance for picky eaters, so I simply wouldn't put up with it. LOL!!

Let him eat his plain chicken breast while you "oooohhh" and "ahhhh" and "yuuuummm" over all your wonderful meals!

*sidenote~ I sure hope he's not a bad influence on your child!

FWIW, I have always found the table service restaurants to be very accomodating to picky eaters. :thumbsup2 Order plain chicken without any sauces, make changes, tell them you have picky eaters. Sometimes if time allows the chef will occasionally come to the table and make something special for the picky person based on their likes and dislikes. Don't worry if they don't like anything as it is listed on the menu, just see if there is something they can work with. :goodvibes

Why oh why can't Disney TS restaraunts just be normal? Seriously? Why can't a Mexican restaraunt just have plain tacos with ground beef? Why do they have to be made from duck or pork? Seriously?!?! Why does everything at the Kona Cafe have to have either pineapple or coconut involved why I have a husband who won't touch either thing, or anything else that has touched either thing? Why will my husband scarf down bacon and sausage, yet turn up his nose and gag at the thought of pork tenderloin? Why does nearly everything include diced onions, carmelized onions, or sliced onions when I am married to a man that will dry heave at the mere sight of an onion? Why will a grown man not eat a steak if it is still attached to the bone??? Why can't all chicken be boneless, skinless breasts?!?! And why is there not a Hooters at Disney so that I can just send him there for the duration of our vacation and have him be happy as a clam?!?!?!?!?!?!:headache::headache::headache::headache::headache:

*sigh* Ok, I feel better now. I am having a *heck* of a time making my ADR's for our trip based on the fact that my husband will refuse to eat anything that he won't recognize. I am in love with the menus for several places at Epcot, we're going there regardless, but I very well may end up with 15 extra TS credits on our DxDP because the man will refuse to eat a darn thing. BAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm frustrated!!!!

I am somewhat picky when it comes to foods too, but I like to try new restaurants, etc. If something comes with something I don't eat I just ask for the dish without it or just take it off, would he be willing to do this with things like onions, etc? They may also just let him order a boneless, skinless chicken breast .

I feel for you, but he IS a grown man..time to man up and try new things, OR let him worry about what HE is going to eat .I don't even put up with that with my 6 yr old, so kudos to you!

In most restaurants the pork is better than the beef, plus real Mexican food is just that, a lot of pork and fish. This isn't Taco Bell. Sounds like he needs his man card taken away :lmao: JK I'm sure he is alright.

Take the rest of his dish in napkin or hidden tupperware. That way YOU can have a late snack :banana:

Bless your heart for putting up with it. Just make the ADR's for restaurants you want to try and let your DH ask for something plain and bland. I'm sure they'll accommodate him.

Jeepers my 2 and 4 year olds are more adventurous than your hubby. My two year old polished off a thai curry the other day that made my eyes water and I like them hot.

Book where you like and what you would like to try and get him to ask for plain meals when at the restaurants.

Why should you miss out on things when he can be accommodated with plain, boring bland food.

Good luck

Kirsten

I quite seriously may leave first thing in the morning with the kiddo for our dining adventures, leave him some cash for a cab and a list of fast food joints in the area (I found a Hooters 10 minutes from the gate!), and tell him to have at it for the day. Kassidy and I will eat at a bunch of 2 TS credit joints to make up for the loss, LOL. We'll dine like Queens!:lmao:

You are a LOT more tolerant than I am. We eat almost anything, kids eat whats served or go hungry....not tolerant of picky eaters here. I do know most of the restaurants will try to accomodate picky eaters. I say go where you want and let him eat/ not eat....there are plenty of snack/burger/pizza places he can choose from.

I'm a picky eater and I've always been able to find something on the menu that I'd eat. Besides, Disney is really good at accommodating special requests with food. :goodvibes

I hear ya and empathize.

My man is a meat and potatoes only person.... I changed my whole dream vacation from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Saratoga Springs Resorts so I don't have to listen to the "weird spices" or "strange sounding food" routine. I happen to be one of the most UNpicky eaters and enjoy trying different cultures' foods.....even if they are all done up and fancy. there is very little I don't like.

No steak if it's still on the bone? That is a funny one. My man won't eat pasta or noodles of any sort because they are ... "slimey" (apparently).

I'm SOOO Lucky that my DD (6) is an awesome little eater and likes most things and likes to eat healthy. She chastizes him for not eating his vegetables......... makes my heart sing. :)

:)

I'm picky, my husband is adventurous. I have never seen a menu at WDW that I couldn't find something I would eat. I sometimes ask for things to be prepared plain or without onions, etc but I've always been able to come up with something. My daughter is pretty adventurous too so I've always just gone with the flow and figured if I didn't care for my dinner, I would have more room for dessert.

LOL!!! Nope, he'll eat a tomato if it's on a burger, and he'll eat pizza sauce, but he won't eat a tomato in a salad or eat spaghetti sauce.

Wow, he's better than me if he'll eat a tomato on a burger! It's still a tomato! :rotfl2: I'll eat pizza sauce and spaghetti sauce, but I don't like chunks of tomato, and if the spaghetti sauce has chunks I'll pick them out. It's easier just to get something with alfredo sauce. :rotfl:

The other day I got something from Taco Bell and they had a tomato in it by mistake and I accidentally bit into it. I didn't gag, so I think I'm making real progress! :banana:

I wouldn't go to a restaurant at WDW where it's just something I don't like (like China or Japan at Epcot, because I generally don't like Asian food), but while I'm like your husband at Mexico, I can get them to make up some nachos that I'll eat that are really good. I think he should be able to get them to adapt something to him so that he'll be able to eat at most places.

One thing I've liked to do at WDW is the F&W Fest, because you can try new things in small portions for small-ish prices, so I've gotten to like some new things that way. I'll eat escargot now! :scared1: (A co-worker said she'd pay for it if I took a picture of me eating it, and I did, and she did! :laughing: )

what does he eatday- to- day for food? does he go to hooters (yuk) for most of his meals? i would have ZERO patience for someone not even wanting to TRY something new. i have a 3 y.o. who currently (it is a fairly new thing) picks what she does not want out of her meals. the other day she was picking mushrooms and onions off her slice of pizza and she asked me to help her get them off. i told her i am not in the business of customizing her food, and she could eat it however she pleased but she had to do the picking. i would recommend the same for your husband: as others have said he is an adult so he should be able to order from any menu to his liking. btw, one reason we love to go to the world every year is the fantastic dining options. he should be able to find something he likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter