ADRs - thoughts?!

chic mama

Mouseketeer
we are a party of 12 (6 adults and 6 kids ages 10, 10, 8, 6, 4, and 4) staying at the contemporary. We have a variety of dietary restrictions due to allergies and chronic illnesses. Trying to have a variety of meals - kids are excited about character meals - adults want a few meals with decent food. Here are my ADRs...we are heavy on character meals so I’m concerned about the quality of food offered. Thoughts?

Arrival day - 6:40pm Chef Mickey

HS day - 7pm Hollywood brown derby

MK (park closes at 6) - 5:45pm 1900 Park Fare

Epcot - breakfast 7:45 Ohana
- dinner 5:40 Via Napoli

MK - BOG dinner - 2 reservations for 6 people each one at 4:40 and one a 5pm - hoping whoever eats first can go slowly and whoever goes second can order quickly go finish up around the same time.

Departure day - 8am Breakfast at Bon Voyage or The Wave

Not sure if I should keep the 1900 park fare dinner or try to find something in Downtown Disney instead. Suggestions??

Arrival day - 6:40pm Chef Mickey
Of your character meals, this, to me, is the weakest quality food-wise. I'd consider dropping this in favor of some decent food that is also fun for the kids like Whispering Canyon Cafe.

HS day - 7pm Hollywood brown derby

MK (park closes at 6) - 5:45pm 1900 Park Fare

Epcot - breakfast 7:45 Ohana
- dinner 5:40 Via Napoli

MK - BOG dinner - 2 reservations for 6 people each one at 4:40 and one a 5pm - hoping whoever eats first can go slowly and whoever goes second can order quickly go finish up around the same time.

Departure day - 8am Breakfast at Bon Voyage or The Wave
Bon Voyage breakfast! for sure!

Not sure if I should keep the 1900 park fare dinner or try to find something in Downtown Disney instead. Suggestions??
are the characters particularly important to you? like those specific ones? If it were me, based on your other meals already, I would go ahead and try something else. there's nothing special about 1900PF's food. it's really all about the characters.

It's all personal preference, but I would move The Wave to arrival dinner (replacing Chef Mickey's) and this way keep Bon Voyage for departure day. I'd also keep 1900 Park Fare dinner. IMHO the character meals with the best food are Tusker House, Garden Grill breakfast, Cape May breakfast, and 1900 Park Fare.

We had a breakfast scheduled at Ohana for next March, but I've read so many bad reviews. I changed it to brunch at 1900 Park Fare. I don't want to do Ohana just to meet Stitch considering he has his own spot at MK now.

I really don't like Chef Mickeys, loud and average food, but my kids love it. I give in every other trip and plan a meal there. Staying at the Contemporary with kids excited for character meals, I think it is a great choice.

I think your day with an early MK closing is a great opportunity to go to DS. I would pick something there over PF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter