Adult CS credit for child meal?

Leash

DIS Veteran
So my fiance and I were looking at the menus on allears and at some of the CS places he likes I was more interested in the kids meals than the adults (I am addicted to mac & cheese). So I was just wondering if I could use my adult CS credit from the dining plan to buy a childs meal. :bitelip: I know it doesn't work the other way around but I thought maybe since I would be getting less expensive food they might be ok with it.

Actually they are fine with it either way. Some people think it's unethical to use child CS to buy adult meals, but the servers and the computers don't have a problem with it. I don't think anyone would object to you using an adult credit to buy a child meal.

Leash said:
So my fiance and I were looking at the menus on allears and at some of the CS places he likes I was more interested in the kids meals than the adults (I am addicted to mac & cheese). So I was just wondering if I could use my adult CS credit from the dining plan to buy a childs meal. :bitelip: I know it doesn't work the other way around but I thought maybe since I would be getting less expensive food they might be ok with it.

As far as the computer is concerned, credits are credits. So, you can use one credit for one meal, adult or child. I did this on our trip once, when my kids wanted the ice cream from the kids' meal and I wanted the PB&J for later...so we ordered a kids' meal even though we only had adults on our dining plan.

You might find that he can only order off the children's menu or adult menu for that one credit, not both. (So, he might have to order the kid's entree, side dish and dessert, rather than the kid's entree, adult side dish and adult dessert). It may depend on where you are.

FWIW, we were able to get the pint (?500ml) bottles of milk with adult and children's meals....so he may still be able to get a large drink with his kid's meal, I don't know.

If it's mac and cheese you want, that is available at all of the character dinners. Even places (like Liberty tree and Garden Grill) that don't normally bring it for adults have it on the kid's menu and will bring it for an adult if asked.

While you can get a kid meal when you have paid for the adult plan, it is really a waste of $. You might want to pay cash for the kid meal and use the extra CS for a breakfast. Or share a CS "brunch" at 10:30 ish, share another at 3:30 and have a late dinner TS at 8:30. We frequently find that one "meal" can feed two of us.

kcashner said:
If it's mac and cheese you want, that is available at all of the character dinners. Even places (like Liberty tree and Garden Grill) that don't normally bring it for adults have it on the kid's menu and will bring it for an adult if asked.

While you can get a kid meal when you have paid for the adult plan, it is really a waste of $. You might want to pay cash for the kid meal and use the extra CS for a breakfast. Or share a CS "brunch" at 10:30 ish, share another at 3:30 and have a late dinner TS at 8:30. We frequently find that one "meal" can feed two of us.

Yeah I know price wise it is kind of a waste but on top of liking the kids menu selections more I also think a smaller serving would be good so I don't feel stuffed all day. We are actually having a hard time finding places that have good menus for our CS credits so I don't really feel like we will be wasting it. Thanks for the input though. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter