Adult Family of 5

Then, DD(21) and boyfriend broke up a couple of months before the trip, so I was left an unused 6-day park ticket. Because we already had the 2BR, missing 1 person was not a big deal.

We're dealing with this right now. We have a trip coming up soon with both of our sons and their girlfriends; one couple broke up this week, so now I also have an unused 6-day park ticket. We booked a 3-bedroom condo, but we were going to even if neither of the girls went.

OP, I agree that you need a firm commitment from the boyfriend one way or the other so you can properly plan. If he can't/won't do that, then I would book what was needed for your family, and if he decides to come, he can book and pay for his own (with his gf) room. Harsh, maybe, but he is an adult and he either wants to go or he doesn't. There is no way I would get one room for all 5 of you, regardless of the sleeping arrangements; I don't want to share a room with my son's girlfriend, and I'm SURE she doesn't want to share a room with DH & me or (neither do my kids, which is why we get a condo with bedrooms for everyone).

Great advice from a lot of perspectives! Very much appreciated!

We did get the boyfriend to commit, so we are booking two rooms at All Star Movie (because of the refurb, and to save some dough).

We know August can be ugly, and I've already promised him (since he and I are the sole male representation in the group) that adult beverages will be provided as needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter