Adults Half a Ton of Big Guys DL/CA Dis Meet Oct 24th -Oct30th. Were Back

How many people do you have comming with you this Oct.?

You mean this October? I have not planned any sort of DIS meet, so I don't know. . .I just jumped on your bandwagon. . .I go all the time anyway and you all seem a bit rowdy, which I kinda like. . .so it sounded fun. . .but I am sure I could round up a few. . .

Hey boys, hope you are having a great memorial day weekend. . .take care. . .
Hi, my wife and I spent the day at my sisters with there family and we had a nice bbq ribs..My BIL is a master grill man he likes ribs nice and spicey slow cooked in the smoker about 4 hours and then rubbed and basted on the grill with the sauce......mmmmmm good :woohoo:

Hi, my wife and I spent the day at my sisters with there family and we had a nice bbq ribs..My BIL is a master grill man he likes ribs nice and spicey slow cooked in the smoker about 4 hours and then rubbed and basted on the grill with the sauce......mmmmmm good :woohoo:

Sounds good. I went on a hike up in Red Rock with a friend. Had a blast. . .Now I am just kicking it at home watching tv. I wish August would hurry up and get here so I can go back to WDW. . .lol.

I may go to Disneyland next weekend. I have 5 days off and am going out there to see my son anyway, so we just might make a weekend trip to the land. Anything you boys want me to scout out for you?

Sounds good. I went on a hike up in Red Rock with a friend. Had a blast. . .Now I am just kicking it at home watching tv. I wish August would hurry up and get here so I can go back to WDW. . .lol.

I may go to Disneyland next weekend. I have 5 days off and am going out there to see my son anyway, so we just might make a weekend trip to the land. Anything you boys want me to scout out for you?

Hi , have you been to the new Garden Walk? Its offsite from DL

Hi , have you been to the new Garden Walk? Its offsite from DL

yes and it is only slowly coming online. There are a few resturants at one end that are open. It is 3/4 to 1 mile alway.

There are a bunch of hotels along Harbor that are in easy walking distance. The Hojo is pretty nice and sometimes you can get great rates there. Since I take my dog with me, my options are very limited, so I have only been to a few of the places.

My sister swears by the Park Vue inn. Which is right accross the street.

yes and it is only slowly coming online. There are a few resturants at one end that are open. It is 3/4 to 1 mile alway.

There are a bunch of hotels along Harbor that are in easy walking distance. The Hojo is pretty nice and sometimes you can get great rates there. Since I take my dog with me, my options are very limited, so I have only been to a few of the places.

I prefer the Portofino, but I am usually traveling with 2 teenagers when I go. Which means I am always solo when I go to the parks. I haven't been to the Garden Walk but I do understand it is slow to come online, as Gregg pointed out.

Gregg, if you can, you should come out that weekend and join us. . .Bring the boys and I'll bring Brandon. . .they can all entertain each other. . .

:welcome: I like dogs as well we have a white spotted pointer...he is full of spirit and loves everyone. I want to check out the Garden Walk and see whats new by the time we get there in October.... plus I have a Cal. Pizza Inn gift card I want to redeam. come back often and chat and If you can come out in Oct. I would like to meet you....the more the merrier ::yes::

I prefer the Portofino, but I am usually traveling with 2 teenagers when I go. Which means I am always solo when I go to the parks. I haven't been to the Garden Walk but I do understand it is slow to come online, as Gregg pointed out.

Gregg, if you can, you should come out that weekend and join us. . .Bring the boys and I'll bring Brandon. . .they can all entertain each other. . .

Hi, could you describe the Portofinio?

Hi, could you describe the Portofinio?

The Portofino is a Hotel (i.e. indoor corridors), but it is small. It is on the corner of Harbor and Katella. The Northwest Corner. The family suite which I usually reserve is approx $99 per night and it has a queen sized bed, a full sized pull out sofa bed and a set of bunks. There is also a refrigerator and a coffee maker and two TVs. I believe there is also free internet access. My only complaint with this room is I usually have a teenage girl with my on the Disney trips and with only one sink to get ready in front of, I usually have to get up early to get ready in the morning. . .lol

It is decent and clean. You can get nicer rooms but I like the size vs cost for this room. The Anaheim resort transit bus picks you up right out in front of the resort or you can walk from there to the parks. Compared to WDW, this is a VERY short walk. I mean, its shorter than the walk from the bus stop at AK to the main gate at AK. There are closer properties along Harbor. The closest being the Desert Inn and Suites. That one is RIGHT THERE at the crosswalk to the main gate. But it can sometimes get pricey. . .

The Portofino is a Hotel (i.e. indoor corridors), but it is small. It is on the corner of Harbor and Katella. The Northwest Corner. The family suite which I usually reserve is approx $99 per night and it has a queen sized bed, a full sized pull out sofa bed and a set of bunks. There is also a refrigerator and a coffee maker and two TVs. I believe there is also free internet access. My only complaint with this room is I usually have a teenage girl with my on the Disney trips and with only one sink to get ready in front of, I usually have to get up early to get ready in the morning. . .lol

It is decent and clean. You can get nicer rooms but I like the size vs cost for this room. The Anaheim resort transit bus picks you up right out in front of the resort or you can walk from there to the parks. Compared to WDW, this is a VERY short walk. I mean, its shorter than the walk from the bus stop at AK to the main gate at AK. There are closer properties along Harbor. The closest being the Desert Inn and Suites. That one is RIGHT THERE at the crosswalk to the main gate. But it can sometimes get pricey. . .

I herd the Garden Walk is a bunch of resturants and retail sotres....correct?

Thanks ...I dont know where we are staying yet...Donald will make the ressie's ...we will go for cheap cause we will only be there to sleep anyway...and I think it will be too cold to swim anyway.

I herd the Garden Walk is a bunch of resturants and retail sotres....correct?

Thanks ...I dont know where we are staying yet...Donald will make the ressie's ...we will go for cheap cause we will only be there to sleep anyway...and I think it will be too cold to swim anyway.

I doubt it will be too cold to swim. . .October is typically pretty darn warm in So. Cal. But I don't typically swim when I go to the land. Not my focus. . .

And I believe you are right about Garden Walk. . .There is a website about it. If I find it I will forward on the info. . .unless you already have it of course.

I doubt it will be too cold to swim. . .October is typically pretty darn warm in So. Cal. But I don't typically swim when I go to the land. Not my focus. . .

And I believe you are right about Garden Walk. . .There is a website about it. If I find it I will forward on the info. . .unless you already have it of course.

Are you going to DL this weekend?

Finally found this. Sorry it took so long. Two jobs is taking its toll on me. We now have plane tix and a rental car. We had to drop a day because the airlines are offering specials through the 30th. But we get there so early Friday it's like getting the day back. I'm probably going to book a 3 star hotel on Hotwire. Prices are in the 50's.
NurseDarcy, I think we were at the World at the same time in '06. I remember reading some of your posts about going solo and staying at AKL.I was there with my now ex notso dgf or I would have wanted to meet you there. She freaked about me and Daisy, course ya can't blame her.
We're flying Frontier, anyone have any horror stories? Our rental is from Hertz and we got a heckofa bargain, a week for 139 including taxes and fees. Gotta luv Hotwire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter