Adventure Insider Package

ABD has let me know that the packages could be delivered any time between now and September 15th.

There will be many different mailings.

If you dont hear from ABD by the 15th, you should contact your agent or ABD.

Hi Folks,

I have heard from ABD and they have asked me to share some information.

You must go to www.AdventureInsiders.com and register.

If you received something from ABD and did not register, maybe someone registered for you.

========================================================

Hi Kevin,

Under "Terms and Conditions", this is what it says about enrolling:

1. Individuals who meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section B are automatically enrolled in the Program.

And here is the applicable portion from Section B:

1. The Program is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of primary residence who have completed travel on any Adventures by Disney guided group family vacation (excluding specialty departures as Sponsor designates from time to time) on or after January 1, 2005 ("Eligible ABD Vacation").

So, for people who have taken an AbD since January 1, 2005, we are supposedly enrolled automatically. But it sounds like AbD is giving you conflicting information...

Hmmm....marcemch didn't register and she booked her trips through Costco, which goes directly to ABD, so there was no travel agent to register her and she got the package. I called ABD directly to book my first trip and the Costco number for the other two. I registered yesterday when the link was posted in this thread, so if that was necessary then I won't get a package in time to attend the preview. Why didn't they just send out emails about the preview to the same address where they send the post-trip surverys, I wonder?

Hmmm....marcemch didn't register and she booked her trips through Costco, which goes directly to ABD, so there was no travel agent to register her and she got the package. I called ABD directly to book my first trip and the Costco number for the other two. I registered yesterday when the link was posted in this thread, so if that was necessary then I won't get a package in time to attend the preview. Why didn't they just send out emails about the preview to the same address where they send the post-trip surverys, I wonder?

I registered at AdventureInsiderEvents.com. I don't think you need anything in the package to attend the preview. It seems that you are already considered an "insider" so, you just need to register for the event. You'll get an email with a link that you can use on the 29th.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the link! I couldn't sign up because I received no notification of the event so had no idea where to go to sign up.

Bobo and Sayhello, did the link work for you? I hope so.

It seems like it's not really a webcast, but rather an on-demand event. So, I'm hoping I can look at it at midnight on Sunday!

Bobo and Sayhello, did the link work for you? I hope so.

It seems like it's not really a webcast, but rather an on-demand event. So, I'm hoping I can look at it at midnight on Sunday!

Thanks again for the link. I haven't yet received the confirmation email with the link to the webcast, so it remains to be seen if it worked. Maybe they will confirm that I've actually traveled with them in the past before the email is sent. If I don't get the email, I'm sure somebody will post and tell us what information was shared. If it's not any better than the last webcast, I think I would prefer the Cliff Notes version. :)

I think this whole thing is a marketing scheme and instead of creating excitement, for those of us who have been on ABD tours before and are not receiving information, it has caused great frustration. Our family has enjoyed the past tours, but have also had great experiences with national geographic, etc. Disney is not the only family travel go-to AND there really is a limited population of people who Disney is competing with for in this business.

Additionally, I do hope they come up with something better than free "transfers". That is not a game changer for me at all. I do like the free night stay though and think that would change some minds.

If only we knew where we were going and when.....

I got an offer from Linblad/Nat Geo for $400 off per person on our next trip that arrived within a week after we returned home and it can be combined with other offers. They also offer 10% off after 3 trips. Those are the kinds of offers I would like to see from ABD. But when ABD offers gift cards and I can combine that with the Costco offer that's pretty good. But that's not anything that's limited to return guests. If the transfer to the airport is the extent of the loyalty program I am going to be disappointed.

I got an offer from Linblad/Nat Geo for $400 off per person on our next trip that arrived within a week after we returned home and it can be combined with other offers. They also offer 10% off after 3 trips. Those are the kinds of offers I would like to see from ABD. But when ABD offers gift cards and I can combine that with the Costco offer that's pretty good. But that's not anything that's limited to return guests. If the transfer to the airport is the extent of the loyalty program I am going to be disappointed.

Looks like that would be it.....
I received the email though, actually my hubby did, not the email I registered for the Insider subscription.

.....I received mine Insider package today:woohoo:.

How do I feel about what they are doing this year and their marketing?

I feel that the marketing team inside ABD is doing something right.:goodvibes

For example, the "free gound transfers" are just but what little things that keep and maintain guest loyalty - not just "X" amount of money off your overall price of a stay.

Yes, ABD does need to continue to do these kinds of little things and more but I tell you what, they are getting my attention now.:goodvibes.

I just may yet rebook w/them sooner than I had thought.

Good job ABD:thumbsup2.

T.T.F.N.

We got the email yesterday and the package today! We just took our first ABD in July (Alaska cruise ABD-add-on) and had not registered on any site. So, clearly they "signed us up". I just registered on the Insider site to be sure.

We're waiting to hear about China. But my DD14 is in her 3rd year of Latin and now studying Greek mythology, so she was thrilled with the book they sent!

Thanks, jlou! I just signed up, too.

Sayhello

Sayhello, did you get a confirmation email for the webcast? I've still gotten nothing.

ETA: I decided to register again and this time I got the email immediately. Technical glitch, I guess. I'm happy now. I just hope the rates don't go up too much. Airfare is so high now and I have to save for my child's college education. :scared1:

Just chiming in here...

I did the ABD Australia trip in 2008 with a large group of family. I was the only one so far to receive the Insider Package, even though we were all on the same trip. The only thing I've done that they haven't is request a brochure each year from ABD, because we were looking into doing more trips. I never requested anything. I did just register on the website now, but I got the package without having to do anything at all. Also, I booked directly through ABD, so no travel agent would have unknowingly signed me up.

I feel bad for my other family members who didn't get the package! I was quite excited about mine and I think the marketing is working, because my interest in Greece is even further piqued now!

Just chiming in here...

I did the ABD Australia trip in 2008 with a large group of family. I was the only one so far to receive the Insider Package, even though we were all on the same trip. The only thing I've done that they haven't is request a brochure each year from ABD, because we were looking into doing more trips. I never requested anything. I did just register on the website now, but I got the package without having to do anything at all. Also, I booked directly through ABD, so no travel agent would have unknowingly signed me up.

I feel bad for my other family members who didn't get the package! I was quite excited about mine and I think the marketing is working, because my interest in Greece is even further piqued now!

I think we will all get the package eventually. Sounds like ABD will be shipping them for the next 3 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter