Adventurers Club

Gramps

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been to the Adventurers Club in Downtown Disney? My entire family, 13 of us including some 8 year olds and teen agers, have an opportunity to go there in December, and I am wondering if everyone can enjoy the show.
Opinions, comments and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Gramps :wave2:

The Adventurers Club is fun and a definite must for "non-club" people. I think the humor of the little shows are too mature for an 8-yr old and possibly the teenagers, too. I've heard that the entertainers will tone it down when there are kids there, but the other patrons might not appreciate the program adjustments. My advice would be to ditch those under 21 and go, so that you can enjoy the other clubs on Pleasure Island, or find another more family-oriented activity.

We asked a similar question. We are traveling with a 10 1/2 y/o. From what I was told, we are planning on going to the Club early in the evening. I understand that is more appropriate for the 'younger' members in the group. Hoping I'm correct in this.

goofy4tink- We have always seen lots of kids there early in the evening, you should be fine. Our kids love it there- they are teens now, but the youngest was about 11 I think the first time we went. They love the comedy club too- we usually start there first, Adventurers next, Rock'n Beach Club ( air-hockey and pool tables upstairs), and then depending how tired we are, maybe 8-Tracks. There is also an arcade on PI that we stopped at on our way out. Have fun!:D

Does this mean that kids under 18 can get into certain clubs? I am takin gmy 16 year old brother later this month and he REALLY wants to go to Pleasure Island :D But I told him I thought he had to be 18!

I think so long as YOU are over 21, and you stay together, you shouldn't have any problems getting into most of the clubs. There are a couple that you need to be 21 to enter, Manniquins is one.

The shows are very family friendly until around 11 or so. Then they gradually get more "adult."

The AC is one of our very favorite things about WDW. We usually go twice each trip!

Originally posted by dizneefreak29
Does this mean that kids under 18 can get into certain clubs? I am takin gmy 16 year old brother later this month and he REALLY wants to go to Pleasure Island :D But I told him I thought he had to be 18!

Even if you are 18 and he is 16 you have to be his legal guardian to get him in. At least that is what they told me when I was 23 and my sister was 13. All we wanted to do was walk around and they said no they needed proof I was her legal guardian.

I would not take young kids to the AC. Many of the acts are risque and not kid appropriate. It's generally not a good idea to have kids at PI at night anyway. This place is supposed to be geared to adults, and some nights people get downright rowdy. I know that when I was at the AC last Feb, someone brought in a couple of young kids one night and you could just tell people felt uncomfortable because the acts including the improv went on as per normal, innuendo and all, including one of the maids have a make tourist take a photo of her backside. Not to mention guests cursing and drinking (you are in a bar, after all).

This place is very fun for adults. It is NOT for children. If you would not take your children to a bar at home, please do not take them to them at WDW.

Originally posted by PatriciaH
Even if you are 18 and he is 16 you have to be his legal guardian to get him in. At least that is what they told me when I was 23 and my sister was 13. All we wanted to do was walk around and they said no they need proof I was her legal guardian.

When I was 21 and my borther was 17 , I was told that I could not take him in. He needed to have a parent or legal guardian with him (as in the adult who is legally responsible for him). Siblings, older friends and relatives don't cut it.

Originally posted by goofy4tink
We asked a similar question. We are traveling with a 10 1/2 y/o. From what I was told, we are planning on going to the Club early in the evening. I understand that is more appropriate for the 'younger' members in the group. Hoping I'm correct in this.

Early in the evening should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter