advice for DL first timer?

katiebug0747

Earning My Ears
Hello, i'm currently a senior in high school. My senior trip is in ten days and we are going to visit Southern California (Hollywood, San Diego, Malibu beach, etc.) We'll be there for about five days and I really could use some advice from anyone who lives there or has vacationed there. I have no clue what to pack. I've been told that I shouldn't plan on wearing shorts and flip flops because it's not that hot over there. See, i'm from the Florida panhandle and we pretty much wear t-shirts and flip flops everyday. I just don't know how to judge the weather. My senior sponsor is telling everyone to just wear layers and that way we can take off clothes when we get hot. But i don't want to have to tote around extra clothing all day. Any advice on that would be greatly appreciated. We are going to Disney's Californian Adventure on our last day there. If you have any tips on what to do or what not to do or what we should go see or shouldn't see, please repost or email me. I have been to Disney World many times and I know that place like the back of my hand, but Disney in California is new territory. Any advice on how to make my senior trip the awesomest ever would be greatly :idea: greatly appreicated. Thanks! :daisy:

Unfortunately your sponsor is right.....layers is the only way to go! Even on warm days it will be cool in the mornings and after sunset.
At DCA get FP for all of the big rides (soaring,screaming,ToT) and don't miss the new Monsters ride!

If you have a choice, go to DL over DCA. There are much better rides, and the only ride in DCA that you don't have a similar version of(if not a clone) in WDW is Monsters, Inc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter