Advice from a recent Wonder Cruiser!!!

mldnhr5

Earning My Ears
So I spent 3 months monitoring the forum and I have to officially thank everyone on here!!! I took the advice of many previous cruisers and it made the experience on our FEb 6 cruise soo much better.

So now, I want to throw out some thoughts for future cruisers:

- DOn't feel guilty about leaving kids in the club or lab. THey love it!!!!!!!! It gives mom and dad needed alone time and the kids get to do lots of activities.

- Soda cup is a waste of $.. ESPN beer mug is not though. It is paid for after 3 beers (and the mug is neat).

- See all the productions! They are awesome

- We had 4, 7 and 8 yr old kids. 6:30 dinner was good for us (except 4 fell asleep the last night).

- We did not use the over the door hanger. Probably good for 7 day.. We were never in the room.

- We stayed on 2nd level and had 2 ajoining rooms (it was either that or a 5 person stateroom). The adjoining rooms was much cheaper and we got 2 full rooms. We had soo much space we never had to unpack the bags. We had 2 bathrooms, 2 showers such a deal!!!

-Bring 2 bungees or some string.rope to keep the doors open.

-Also bring an extension cord with multiple sockets. Helped with
charging camera batteries etc.

- Parasailing is right when you get off the boat in Castaway Key. I scheduled mine for the first boat (9:00 am). That way I did not have to come back after getting situated on the beach.

- When you go to castaway key, walk down the beach to the fort in the water. It is less crowded as most people grab the first umbrella and chair they see.

- MAke sure you participate in all of the deck parties. They are lots of fun, the characters come and dance.. it is great!

- Rent a Budget car to get there. THe budget rental office is right next store to AVIS. We paid $48 for a Minivan. THe budget cars are right at the airport. FOr a family of 5 it would have cost me over $200 to get there using DCL transfers and I would be on a bus.

- If you come down before or stay after, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Family Suites. FOr $109 per night (mousesavers.com) we got a suite that has a kitchen area, sofa, separate king bed, and the kids get a theme room with bunk beds and a pull out. THe hotel has a great pool o depth to 7 feet. Mini gold, shuffle board, ping pong. Lots fo fun!!!

- Get to the port by 10:30. No lines you can relax etc.

- Fill out your forms before you get there.

- Your room key is used to pay for everything. You need it for any drink meal etc you buy. Consider a lanyard or carry a fannypack so you can have your keycard, camera etc ready to go.

- Monitor your navigators to know where you need to be. IF you want to get professional photos witht he charaters, they do this each afternoon/evening. Usually around the 6:30 dinner seating. Be prepared for a long line so get there early.

- We purchased t shirts for our boiys and submitted them to guest services so that the charateres could sign it. It took a day, and was worth it!!!!!!

Well, thats it for now.... we had a ball ont he trip and will go again. I will be happy to answer any questions on a 3 day wonder.

regards,

Andy

Wow! Great tips for us, thanks for taking the time and sharing. They will come in handy this summer for us--we are also a family of 5 traveling w/2 adjoining rooms so I really liked the idea about keeping the adjoining doors open. Unfortunately we are wait-listed for the early dinner. Hope I can keep my kids awake long enough to eat at night! Or maybe we'll get lucky and end up with early seating.

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter