2 days/nights at Hong Kong Disneyland
2 days/nights in Central Hong Kong
Hong Kong to Singapore
2 days/nights in Singapore
Singapore to Sydney
3 days/nights in Sydney
4 night Wonder Downunder cruise
Sydney to Tokyo
8 total nights in Japan probably 3/4 days at Tokyo Disneyland and either spend time in Kyoto or Tokyo

Most of this is straight forward and bookable now.

Tokyo Disneyland is absolutely insane to navigate. I will also be in Japan at New Years and the TDL part will be a few days after New Years

I honestly do not even know where to begin with the Japanese part.

Wow sounds like an amazing trip! Singapore is definitely on my list to visit, especially once the Disney Adventure is home ported there. I just did something similar with Paris > Hong Kong > Shanghai > Tokyo, so let me know if you have any Disney related questions! :earsboy:

Google TDR Explorer, Chris is the font of all knowledge about Tokyo. He has excellent resources across his website and youtube channel, including all the details on the new Fantasy Springs. Sounds like an amazing trip you have planned.

I really don't think TDR is really that hard to understand to be honest, don't really get why it's thrown around so much.

I really don't think TDR is really that hard to understand to be honest, don't really get why it's thrown around so much.

Inability to buy multi-day tickets
Rooms not being available until only a few months before and having to coordinate being online at release to get them at some points
The crowds.

HKDR, DLP, DL and WDW all have similar booking structures, similar ticket offerings etc. TDR is different.

Also TDR seems to be aimed more at locals and not as tourist friendly. There seem to be more issues with language barrier than at any other park, and international guests also seem to quite often have trouble getting their credit cards to go through.

It's not necessarily 'hard', but for people used to going to the US parks, it's definitely very different and does require some research on how it all works.

For TDR I would recommend to book one of the hotels on the monorail loop as a backup. We loved staying at the Hilton and did not feel like we lost out from staying there. It’s still very much in a bubble as you take the monorail to the parks.

As to timing: be aware that the first five days of January are considered peak season for TDR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter