Advice needed: 2 bedroom villa - GFV standard view or BLT lake view??

Ciyra

Mouseketeer
Planning a week long trip for 4 adults and debating between 2 resorts.

Option A: Lake View dedicated 2-bedroom villa Bay Lake Tower
Option B: Standard View dedicated 2-bedroom villa Grand Floridian

Would love to hear everyone's pros/cons. As well as any room request suggestions :-)

TIA!

Grand Floridian is a nicer resort with way better dining options, imho and the rooms are wonderful. BLT has an extra bathroom, if I’m not mistaken, which is really nice. Both have great locations. Can’t go wrong either way, but personally I’d pick VGF, although as an owner there, I’m biased!

If you are deciding just based on the view, I'd still choose VGF. BLT is pretty boring in all aspects IMO and the lake view can be hit or miss. The best thing it has going for it is the extra bathroom.

Planning a week long trip for 4 adults and debating between 2 resorts.

Option A: Lake View dedicated 2-bedroom villa Bay Lake Tower
Option B: Standard View dedicated 2-bedroom villa Grand Floridian

Would love to hear everyone's pros/cons. As well as any room request suggestions :-)

TIA!
Hi @Ciyra , we just got back from a week long stay at BLT (theme park view, 12th floor). It was a nice stay but BLT is a one and done for us. Don't get me wrong--the room was terrific, the pool was great, the extra bathroom was useful and the walk to the MK amazing! BUT...the whole elevator situation was a nuisance--at times (peak periods in the AM and PM), it could take up to 20 mins to get on an elevator to get back to the room. And it was ALWAYS packed with people. Sigh...not fun. We finally discovered the "north" set of elevators, which are a pinch further away than the south (more heavily used ones) and that made it a little better. But honestly, it was a mild pain. Not that I don't like people...but I don't enjoy being stuffed in the elevator every single time....

Also biased like @disneyfan123 and own at the VGF and we LOVE it there. The ambiance, food, ease of getting to the main building, etc...we just like it more. Best wishes in finding what works for you and have so much fun!!! 💜

Hi @Ciyra , we just got back from a week long stay at BLT (theme park view, 12th floor). It was a nice stay but BLT is a one and done for us. Don't get me wrong--the room was terrific, the pool was great, the extra bathroom was useful and the walk to the MK amazing! BUT...the whole elevator situation was a nuisance--at times (peak periods in the AM and PM), it could take up to 20 mins to get on an elevator to get back to the room. And it was ALWAYS packed with people. Sigh...not fun. We finally discovered the "north" set of elevators, which are a pinch further away than the south (more heavily used ones) and that made it a little better. But honestly, it was a mild pain. Not that I don't like people...but I don't enjoy being stuffed in the elevator every single time....

Also biased like @disneyfan123 and own at the VGF and we LOVE it there. The ambiance, food, ease of getting to the main building, etc...we just like it more. Best wishes in finding what works for you and have so much fun!!! 💜
This is very helpful thank you.

Do you feel like there's any difference transportation wise for buses from either option?

If you are doing Epcot, BLT would be faster as monorail leaves and goes to TTC. GF to MK and you could get off and take the express monorail to TTC or stay on the monorail passing BLT getting to TTC.

We normally are running late and will uber but will take the bus back.
GF and Poly share a bus. I believe BLT shares with the Wilderness lodge but not always.

As much as we love the location and extra REAL bathroom provided by BLT my vote is VGF for your trip.

Do you feel like there's any difference transportation wise for buses from either option?
Not the person you are responding to. But BLT during the mornings will run its own buses more than VGF will (often shared with PVB almost always). Though BLT does share with WL (for AK an HS) most of the day in my experience so you really won't see much of a time difference on average between the busses in my experience.

While neither resort is anywhere near my top choices, I would 100% argue for VGF over BLT, the pools have a lot more to be desired there (BLT pools are always crowded and pretty shaded) and the food options are more prevalent (two QS with PVB being walkable). I will also add that BLT lost its biggest edge when the walkway to MK was opened (though might be currently closed for some construction, not sure though). Also the VGF rooms just were refurbed so it has the murphy bed over the pull out sofa (I'm not sure why this wasn't mentioned as pretty important for 4 adults) and you can ask for a monorail view in the standard category which is nice to watch go by. BLT has very few with good views in the Lake View Category, a majority are just the lake, which is peaceful if you like that but my concern/problem with it is being in the inner C it reduces the view.

You are so welcome!

I might not be the best person to respond to your bus question, as we rent a car and drive to most places if feasible. I don’t have much patience in trying to get to places (as you can tell by my fussiness around the elevators 🤣) but we did take it to Animal Kingdom and it picked us up pretty quickly. The ride back was another story. We left AK around 2pm and we waited more than 40 minutes for a bus back to BLT. ☹ We saw three buses for VGF/Poly come and go while we waited. But that’s just one example. I’m sure bus issues come with every resort.

I will also add if you are health club folks, the fitness center at BLT is like a creepy, dark basement (low ceilings, no windows, outdated with poor ventilation). The VGF health club is much, much nicer. Someone else mentioned the pool and I will also add the services/quick service at the VGF pools is much better as well.

I hope this helps! 😊

I will also add if you are health club folks, the fitness center at BLT is like a creepy, dark basement (low ceilings, no windows, outdated with poor ventilation).
You are referring to the one in the contemporary right? I was not aware of one directly in BLT

Hi @Ciyra , BUT...the whole elevator situation was a nuisance--at times (peak periods in the AM and PM), it could take up to 20 mins to get on an elevator to get back to the room. And it was ALWAYS packed with people. Sigh...not fun. We finally discovered the "north" set of elevators, which are a pinch further away than the south (more heavily used ones) and that made it a little better. But honestly, it was a mild pain. Not that I don't like people...but I don't enjoy being stuffed in the elevator every single time....
We were there a few weeks ago, my DH wth a scooter had issues like that.

Last edited:
When I have gone there was not a sole present but I agree it is certainly out dated and ventilation is not great.
The one morning we went, every treadmill was being occupied and the weight machines were being used. This was a Thursday morning, around 7am. It was the only time I went--I went looking for better running trails outside at that point. It wasn't a big deal in the scheme of things but now I know better. ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter