agcarter44

Earning My Ears
I am planning on going to Disney next year in 2023 with my husband, baby, and possibly my mom. We are debating on when the best time to go between early March or early May. My baby would be 16 months in March and 18 months in May.

pros for early March: we would get to see the 50th celebration
Cons: will it be too cold for my toddler to swim? Crowds may be worse. My toddler will be younger and two months older would maybe be more enjoyable for him.

pros for early May: I have been in May before and love the weather and crowds have been decent. This is my preferred time of year to go and my toddler would be a little older
Cons for early May: missing the 50th celebration

I would hands down choose May if I wasn’t taking the 50th celebration into consideration. Would I be missing out by going after the 50th celebration? Would night time shows change by May?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I would go in May, although it can get pretty hot by then. As far as night time shows, they really don't reference much in way of the 50th and tend to cost a lot of money so I doubt they would change them much. I've been a couple of times during the 50th and other than the 50 being on almost everything, I haven't really noticed a lot of difference. You can buy the merch on line if you are interested in that, I like the retro stuff.

I think I have been 3 times since the 50th started and if they took down the signs that said 50th Anniversary, I wouldn't have a clue anything was different. So, my choice would be do NOT take that into account.

No brainer May. Avoid Spring Break.

So, you miss the cupcakes or the big 50 sign or whatever. They'll have something else.

I think I have been 3 times since the 50th started and if they took down the signs that said 50th Anniversary, I wouldn't have a clue anything was different. So, my choice would be do NOT take that into account.
This! Besides merchandise and slapping a "50th" emblem on almost every new cupcake and treat that comes out, there really isn't much else going on for the 50th. I'll add another vote for May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter