Advice please :)

dairyou

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi Everyone!

We're approaching 17 more days until we leave for our first trip home! I have hardly planned commando style at all! Now, I'm starting to panick!

Do you not map out your days at all when you go home? We will be there for 9 days, but only purchased 5 day park hoppers. 1 day at Disney Quest and a plus 2 option on our hoppers. This is different as we usually have Ultimate Park Hoppers for our entire trip. This is quite a transition for us...Any hints?

Deb

I have had a touch of commando planning at times. Now I just kind of wing it. I usually do plan a loose trip itenirary, but we just usually go with the flow. I've found it's rather nice not having the Ultimate park hopper passes so that we had some down time where we just hung out either at the boardwalk, downtown disney, or at the outlet stores or getting to look at all the xmas decorations at each resort around this time. Some days we just woke up late, and hung out around the resort. It has helped me not have to take a couple of days off when we come home from vacation because I'm so tired.

We purchase an Annual Pass for a ticket. This gives us the ability to come and go as we please as far as park entry is concerned.

If I had a Park Hopper pass of some sort, I'd probably have a "loose" idea of what park I was going to do what day, subject to change of course, if some fantastic thing arose while I was at WDW.

Don't underestimate the fun of one park in the mroning, a mid-afternoon break, and another park in the evening.

Deb:

Some random tips...

1. Try not to use a Plus and a park visit on the same calendar day. Check the weather forecast early and often to make sure you can get in a full (warm, dry) day at the waterparks.

2. Check the park schedules and try to hit parks on the days they are open latest. In other words, avoid MK on a MVMCP night.

3. Don't be afraid to hop over to Epcot in the evenings. It will be open the latest almost every night.

4. Tour the resorts' Christmas decorations. You could burn an entire morning (or afternoon) just riding the monorail loop and visiting Poly, GF and Contemp.

5. Try to attend the weekly DVC member meeting. 4pm Wednesdays at SSR. They also have the model rooms open for visits by members from 5-7pm daily.

6. Pool hopping.

7. Don't know if this is a consideration for you or not, but you could always upgrade your pass if you think you need more days. I won't try to summarize the process. Look here for full details:

http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/ticket.htm

If you'll be in the parks for 8 or more days in the next 365 days, an Annual Pass is the way to go. You can even change your mind within 7 days of the original use of the pass and get FULL credit toward an upgrade. Just be carful with those Plus features. If you use a Plus feature on your PHP, you can only upgrade to the Premium Annual Pass.

Have fun!

Thanks for all the great ideas! I broke down and made a "little" itinerary and it is not as bad as in the past. We had to since we have PS for CP and photo's at Epcot one day.

Thanks Tim for the suggestion of the monorail. We were planning to see GF, Poly ect on our first day and we planned on driving to each location.

Thanks Again!

Deb

We usually try to do a day or two at Universal Studios. Have yet to try SeaWorld, but will do that someday. We usually do some kind of day trip to see some sights beyond Orlando.

We don't do daily itineraries anymore at all. We tend to make a list of "must do" things for any trip, then I cross off each day's "accomplishments". Then the last few days of the trip the itinerary sort of writes itself if we haven't done everything we want to do.

Enjoy your trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter