ADVICE - Working for Disney

Matthew Caito

Mouseketeer
Is there an opportunity to work for the WD Company remotely? I live in the North East and unfortunately at this time moving is just not in the cards for me. I would really like to make it a goal for my future, however, is there any opportunity as we speak to work for them while being out of state? I have a B.S working towards my MBA to be completed in Dec.

any advice would be welcomed!

ESPN is in Connecticut and they have offices in NYC, but I think remote jobs are pretty rare. Did you check their Job Listings? I've poked around and pretty sure I've seen some remote positions

jobs.disneycareers

Disney puts external job announcements on https://jobs.disneycareers.com/

Right now it looks like there are finance jobs open in CA, FL, and NY, not to mention London and thanks Shanghai.

To be honest, a lot of employers are trying to get away from remote work. With the vaccine, many employers are saying it is time to return to the office because they have come to believe that, while remote work was necessary, it led to a decrease in efficiency. I know I'm being very general here. I'm not trying to get into a debate about whether remote work is good or bad, and don't violate board rules by arguing about the effectiveness of the vaccine.* I'm only trying to manage expectations.

* https://www.disboards.com/threads/policy-on-covid-related-discussions.3840342/ ("no debate about whether vaccinations or masking are effective").

ETA: I really wish I hadn't looked at the open Disney jobs in my field. I'm just glad I'm not as qualified for the openings.

Last edited:

I would imagine all large companies have websites listing their job openings and if any of the position involves working remotely. That is where I would start. I would be more focused on the type of work you want and not limit yourself to just Disney. Even before covid, I think many companies did their billing work using people working from home. You could often hear the dog barking or children making noise in the background.

While some jobs can be done remotely, I agree as mentioned above that interacting live & in person with co-workers is often a key component of many white collar jobs.

Besides call center, they don't do much remotely.

They have an entire corporate side that works out of offices, and I bet many are remote right now. Marketing, finance, film (the business side), parks (also the business side), etc etc. Like, Disney is a HUGE company. It's not just in person theme parks. They do a ton remotely.

They have an entire corporate side that works out of offices, and I bet many are remote right now. Marketing, finance, film (the business side), parks (also the business side), etc etc. Like, Disney is a HUGE company. It's not just in person theme parks. They do a ton remotely.

Right now, maybe. But they won't hire someone out of NY for an office job in CA without relocating that person.

Had a guy at work. His wife use to work for Disney from home booking dining for people on the phone. We live in New Jersey. This was about 10!years ago don’t know if they have anything like that now. Pay sucked but she loves to talk and she was home.

Anyone know how to follow up on an application? I've submitted a few but keep getting auto emails that they are exploring more qualified applicants. I have 30 years of experience in my field and would like to know why I'm getting overlooked. just don't know who to reach out to.

Anyone know how to follow up on an application? I've submitted a few but keep getting auto emails that they are exploring more qualified applicants. I have 30 years of experience in my field and would like to know why I'm getting overlooked. just don't know who to reach out to.
There really isn't anyone to speak to. Disney is such a huge company they do not have the time to give feedback to all applicants, there are literally hundreds and sometimes thousands of applicants for open positions (beyond entry level). You are also competing against internal candidates and Disney has a strong reputation of hiring from within. However, if you do go further in the application process and have interviews, that is a different story. Also, Disney uses an automated resume scanning system that searches for certain keywords or phrases. I would suggest you speak to someone who specializes in resume writing and may be able to tweak yours so it gets "picked up" and sent on to an actual person involved in the hiring process. If you are really passionate about working for Disney, I would recommend starting at an entry level position, meeting people, and going from there. That is how most of the "higher ups" and executives started. I speak from experience.

Hi. First time posting. Has anyone gone through the interview process for Disney employment lately? My son-in-law has completed first two parts of application and is moving on to a virtual interview this Friday. Any tips on the kind of questions he can expect? He has 15 years restaurant experience, so he is hoping to enter food services at Disney and work his way up.

update: He is now on the hire list for 6 months. They will be relocated in FL beginning of May. Yay. Thx all

Last edited:
Hi. First time posting. Has anyone gone through the interview process for Disney employment lately? My son-in-law has completed first two parts of application and is moving on to a virtual interview this Friday. Any tips on the kind of questions he can expect? He has 15 years restaurant experience, so he is hoping to enter food services at Disney and work his way up.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Welcome to the dis, cshell. No answers for you but my best for your son-in-law.

Disney + (streaming) has a lot of remote workers, I think. (based on people I know that work there or have interviewed there)

Be prepared to provide examples. Depending on the level of position the questions could vary. They will ask some type of question about problem solving and how he may have solved an issue. They are looking for a guest focused answer, keeping business objectives in mind. Best of luck to him!

Be prepared to provide examples. Depending on the level of position the questions could vary. They will ask some type of question about problem solving and how he may have solved an issue. They are looking for a guest focused answer, keeping business objectives in mind. Best of luck to him!
Thanks so much for your reply

Thanks for your reply. Good one.
Sure. Per one of the podcasters, that an actual question asked him in a Disney job interview. He answered, "sitting on the other side of this table." He didn't get the job but then Pete hired him so it worked out for the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter