After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

We were there last night (4/5) and had a fantastic time! There were people but it didn’t feel crowded. Lots of stands with ice cream (Mickey bars and ice cream sandwiches), popsicles, popcorn, soda and water (except none in the Star Wars area). We saw Donald and Daisy, Green Army Drum Corp, Chewy & Rey, and stormtroopers. There was lots of character engagement. Slinky was posted 45 at 10:30 and took 21 minutes to get on. Did Rise with a ILL$ around 9 pm so didn’t try to ride it again during the AH. Also had LLs for MMRR and SDD before the party started. Rode MFSR, SDDx2, TSM, Saucers, and ToTx2. Walked out of the park around 12:45. Could have done several more rides if we had hurried but we took our time and enjoyed the nightime park vibes (full moon!). Lines were short or non-existent except for Slinky. CMs were great across the board. We thought it was super fun and well worth the money.

We were there last night (4/5) and had a fantastic time! There were people but it didn’t feel crowded. Lots of stands with ice cream (Mickey bars and ice cream sandwiches), popsicles, popcorn, soda and water (except none in the Star Wars area). We saw Donald and Daisy, Green Army Drum Corp, Chewy & Rey, and stormtroopers. There was lots of character engagement. Slinky was posted 45 at 10:30 and took 21 minutes to get on. Did Rise with a ILL$ around 9 pm so didn’t try to ride it again during the AH. Also had LLs for MMRR and SDD before the party started. Rode MFSR, SDDx2, TSM, Saucers, and ToTx2. Walked out of the park around 12:45. Could have done several more rides if we had hurried but we took our time and enjoyed the nightime park vibes (full moon!). Lines were short or non-existent except for Slinky. CMs were great across the board. We thought it was super fun and well worth the money.
I should add that the parks were very busy yesterday — as busy as I’ve ever seen them. The park was open until 9:30 when the party started and there was a 10 pm Fantasmic. Also ToT was down from 9:30-10:15 or so. Even so it was a great night!! I wouldn’t say my expectations were lowered but I didn’t expect to be in an empty park with everything a total walk on.

Our 4/2 AH experience wasn’t awful. We had LL$ for Rise at 7:30. We arrived about to the park about 7:20. Walked right on Rise. Grabbed some food at the Backlot and then walked on Star Tours. Headed to Runaway RR and waited about 30 minutes to get on. Took our time and strolled over to Fantasmic about 9:30 for the 10:00 show. After the show we walked on to ToT and TSM. This was all we really wanted to do, so headed out around 11:30. Most of what we did was before the party even started, but it was nice after Fantasmic to wander through much less crowded park. We didn’t use any day tickets, so it all worked out pretty decent for us.

Thank you - so glad you had a great time ! Just a few weeks for me, now!

They all sell out. Many sell outs with reports of great nights.

I really think it depends on how large the day crowds were and how long it takes to get them out of the lines and if rides are down.
We will be there on the 19th too! It is our first time doing an After Hours event so I am nervous, but after reading the reviews above I think we will be good. Especially with this week’s high crowd levels being high and people reporting they were able to do walk ons for most of the rides. 😁

Never been to an after hours event, but am excited that we will be doing an EPCOT one in August. Can't wait for June to read some reports about that one

We have been going to After Hours events for as long as they have had them. I wish they had offered more this past week.
Not sure if it was because the park is so large that there seemed fewer guests, but we did everything we wanted in actual 3 Hours of the party. Our itinerary (in order) as follows:
7pm entry
Star Tours 15 minute wait, park still open
Muppets (Nostalgic for us) 10 minutes
F+ 8:30 show (Loved the new additions and update) 45 minutes total time
Disney Movie Magic) ended at 9:30. That's when we headed to Galaxies Edge.

RotR No wait (as long as it took to go through the entire que, I wish they had just let all of us in via the LL)
Smugglers Run No wait (as above entire qué)
*** 20 minutes
SDD 25 minute
MMRR 10 minutes
We had PLENTY of snacks, stopping multiple times to replenish, especially ice cream. It was very warm out.
We had 2 granddaughters with us, 11 and 14. So we let them chose.
Neither wanted TOT or TSM, RnR was down
We did a ton of photos as well.
We left early enough to make it back to Poly by 12:15. Both girls were toast!

I’m in awe of the many folks who leave AH before it ends. I can’t imagine not wanting to squeeze every last bit of value out of those 3 hours but glad to hear of the positive experiences.
If it had been just DH and me we would have, we asked if they wanted to do any more and they both said a resounding no. It was still worth every nickel. On a great day in HS with low crowds we never would have been able to do everything.

We will be there on the 19th too! It is our first time doing an After Hours event so I am nervous, but after reading the reviews above I think we will be good. Especially with this week’s high crowd levels being high and people reporting they were able to do walk ons for most of the rides. 😁
One of the tips we received from a CM is to wait a bit for the crowds to thin out. Hence the reason we stayed by the Chinese Theatre and watched DMM. As soon as that show was over the lines were minimal. We also got a tip to do TS Land last as the Littles would probably leave early. Both were really good tips!

Considering mnsshp in august. What are the crowds like? How much could we possibly do ride wise? 2 adults and 2 kids (6&3)
MNSSHP is a totally different animal to after hours - add in characters, a special parade and fireworks, trick or treating, and subtract free snacks and sodas.

One of the tips we received from a CM is to wait a bit for the crowds to thin out. Hence the reason we stayed by the Chinese Theatre and watched DMM. As soon as that show was over the lines were minimal. We also got a tip to do TS Land last as the Littles would probably leave early. Both were really good tips!
Oh, those are good tips ! Thank you !

Please tell me, what goes on at Oga’s during an AHP? We’ll be at the event on 4/19. Thank you :)
We went (for the first time) during after hours on the 2nd. We were debating putting our names down on the wait list around 10pm and one of the cast members offered to take us in for a tour, which we accepted, and based on seeing it, put our names down. They do not text you to come back, just shout out names, so we sat in the vicinity and waited about 10 minutes before we were called in. The atmosphere is great and the drinks were very good (though in my personal opinion overpriced - but what isn't these days). My only disappointment is being dictated a standing room spot at the bar when all of the tables were open, as my feet were killing me, though I'm sure they were reserved for larger groups.

Which is better for 6/28?

Free (sorta) EEH at MK? (We’re staying at the swan) OR…

$596 AH at DHS?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter