After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

I do think they should have done a time buffer though. Moving park close to 930 pm when the party started at 930 pm definitely made some waits longer at the beginning of the night.
This is what I have been worried about. I wonder if they could fix this issue or if that ship has sailed for the remaining parties.

If I recall correctly, when we bought for January there was a buffer for MK and DHS. But by the time the actual party date rolled around, they had changed park hours. MK buffer was gone, but DHS buffer was still there. It looks like sometime after January they removed the DHS buffer too.
So my warning is, just because May shows a buffer now, doesn't mean it will still be there in May.
Eek..thats annoying...thanks for the warning !

They "currently" have that buffer in May......until they extend regular park hours.
I guess I understand why they’d extend hours, and it’s a good thing, but it feels like extra planning would be needed for the AH.

How do they know who is an AH pass holder ? Magic band?

Well, I'm not going to worry too much about it. Rise is the one we care about the least and it sounds like the rides we are most interested in - MMRR, ToT, Aliens and Slinky are very doable during this.
Galaxy's Edge mostly we plan to get on Rise if not too long, but otherwise go to Oga's, get some cool night pictures without a bunch of people.
Actually really looking forward to some great pictures all over the park after 10pm.

AH holders have to get behind people who shouldn’t be there ? Are you referring to people already on line when the park has closed? So that really hurts the AH pass holders
Yes. If they are on line already, you can’t use the LL. You also can’t use the LL before the park closes unless you have LL booked. We ended up stacking LL for after 7 pm so we got lucky. I managed to get a SDD, MMRR, and TSM. We waited on Smuggler Run at probably around 930ish and someone asked if they could go on the LL with the AH pass and they were told no. So you have to get behind everyone who is waiting in line already at 930.

Yes. If they are on line already, you can’t use the LL. You also can’t use the LL before the park closes unless you have LL booked. We ended up stacking LL for after 7 pm so we got lucky. I managed to get a SDD, MMRR, and TSM. We waited on Smuggler Run at probably around 930ish and someone asked if they could go on the LL with the AH pass and they were told no. So you have to get behind everyone who is waiting in line already at 930.
I think it’s the right thing to let people ride when they’ve waited, but if the line is long enough, by the time AH starts, the advantage of AH isn‘t there...but then, maybe it’s just RoR that’s the issue. If everyone is there, the they aren’t at M&M, SDD, etc,,

Assuming they don’t extend MK (they’d better, lol) and my only option is HS, I might be better or forgetting ROR until the end and try to do as many of the other rides. I can always do ROR another day.

Thanks!

AH holders have to get behind people who shouldn’t be there ? Are you referring to people already on line when the park has closed? So that really hurts the AH pass holders
“Shouldn’t be there?” If the park closes at 9:30pm, day guests paid for their tickets and have every right to enter a line at 9:29.

“Shouldn’t be there?” If the park closes at 9:30pm, day guests paid for their tickets and have every right to enter a line at 9:29.
I clearly meant after the park had closed…did you read my entire post? Because if you did, and read what I was responding to, you would have understood the context, and maybe you wouldn’t have assumed the worst

As it stands, each park except AK seems to have AH on their own…meaning MK is March, HS is April and May, and Epcot June/July and August. Is this unusual that none of the parks have AH in the same months? I’m shocked that MK is only in March

As it stands, each park except AK seems to have AH on their own…meaning MK is March, HS is April and May, and Epcot June/July and August. Is this unusual that none of the parks have AH in the same months? I’m shocked that MK is only in March
HS is in June so there’s overlap.

I clearly meant after the park had closed…did you read my entire post? Because if you did, and read what I was responding to, you would have understood the context, and maybe you wouldn’t have assumed the worst
If they got in line at 9:29, they would be there at 9:31 and there’s nothing wrong with that.

If they got in line at 9:29, they would be there at 9:31 and there’s nothing wrong with that.

No, but my point is being missed, and I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. These AH are very expensive. If you have a ticket, and you’re not getting the benefit of buying that ticket because the lines are very long due to regular park goers still being there, then what is the benefit to buying a ticket to AH?

No, but my point is being missed, and I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. These AH are very expensive. If you have a ticket, and you’re not getting the benefit of buying that ticket because the lines are very long due to regular park goers still being there, then what is the benefit to buying a ticket to AH?

MK has had DAH for years. There has never been any “buffer”. The event always started immediately after park close. There have always been guests in lines at regular park closing. Mine Train & PP always had longer lines at the start of the event because of it. That’s just how it is. That 30 minute gap between park closing & the start of AH is the anomaly, not the other way around. Nowhere has it ever been stated ride the lines would be cleared out at the start of AH. You do rides with short lines at the beginning & do the popular rides that usually have longer lines later in the night.

Most of the lines weren’t that long. SDD did post for 35/40 but we got on when it was 35 and the line moved very fast and was probably only 20/25 minutes.

I honestly thought that it was great. My 6 year old made it through the night and had fun. I enjoyed the low crowds and I’d do it again. But we didn’t ride rise. If I were to do it again, I’d probably get on rise around 9

I’m guessing they might be gearing up for something else or giving cast members a break before Halloween parties.
Could be. MK at night is so incredibly magical - I’m planning on having dinner on my last night at Narcoossee‘s and then going to MK, so while it won’t be the same as AH, hopefully I’ll still be able to do a good amount

MK has had DAH for years. There has never been any “buffer”. The event always started immediately after park close. There have always been guests in lines at regular park closing. Mine Train & PP always had longer lines at the start of the event because of it. That’s just how it is. That 30 minute gap between park closing & the start of AH is the anomaly, not the other way around. Nowhere has it ever been stated ride the lines would be cleared out at the start of AH. You do rides with short lines at the beginning & do the popular rides that usually have longer lines later in the night.

Ok, thanks! That’s my plan with RotR - all the others, I feel pretty good about....except Smuggler, which I didn’t have a chance to do in November. Is it almost as popular as RotR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter