After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

Thanks! I’m not worried, I’m sure they will change....I’m just kind of obsessive, so I want to know for sure, lol
I can relate. I’ve always been a super Type A Disney planner, and I’ve had to change my tune over the past 2 years. Not easy!

Now seeing that DHS is also open until 9:30 for our April After-Hours, we definitely plan to purchase an ILL for Rise for after we hop there. This way we don't waste party-time waiting for day crowds to clear out of the queue.

Luckily we will be up by 7 anyways to go to MK that morning! :)

If there is a Fantasmic scheduled for 10pm which is 30 minutes after park close, how badly are after-hours affected?

Seems like crowds won't be gone until 11?

If there is a Fantasmic scheduled for 10pm which is 30 minutes after park close, how badly are after-hours affected?

Seems like crowds won't be gone until 11?
yeah this makes no sense... i am kinda pissy about it, feeling a little bait and switch as things get changed for the worse from when they first started... no buffer.. no RnRC... now a Fantasmic scheduled,... will they usher the crowds out the side when done? or will they spill out and roam. the AH.. yes they can't ride rides after close and during the AH event, but they can still be there, part of the experience they sell is enjoying the area with fewer crowds.

yeah this makes no sense... i am kinda pissy about it, feeling a little bait and switch as things get changed for the worse from when they first started... no buffer.. no RnRC... now a Fantasmic scheduled,... will they usher the crowds out the side when done? or will they spill out and roam. the AH.. yes they can't ride rides after close and during the AH event, but they can still be there, part of the experience they sell is enjoying the area with fewer crowds.
They won’t allow people without wristbands to go anywhere but out after the park closes. They won’t be able to wander through the lands and take pictures and such. They’ll be ushered out, and if they’re in watching Fantasmic, they won’t be hopping in lines at the last minute. They wouldn’t even let people exit through GE from Toy Story Land at the AH we attended to keep them from stopping for pics. They were directed toward Walt Disney Presents.

At MK, the cart in Tomorrowland between Space and Speedway has fresh popcorn. Most of the others have boxed popcorn. I think the cart near the castle Tomorrowland side had fresh too.

I attended DAH at MK on March 6. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I got done immediately after close. I did 4 rides in one hour (including PP), picked up my wristband, and got treats. The ride lines were actually longer later in the evening for PP. So don’t despair.

So I realized after I purchased tickets for May 24 at Hollywood studios that it coincides with the only night that MK will be staying open late for deluxe resort guests during our 5/19-5/29 trip. Our family loves HS, but not as much as late nights at MK! I called and tried to get the tickets canceled and was turned down. Please don’t flame me, I realize that they are nonrefundable and it is completely my screwup. But is it worth calling back and trying to speak with somebody else? The only option they gave me was applying it to tickets for a Christmas party or Halloween party in the future, but we are going to Disneyland in December and the credit won’t transfer. I don’t think will be back in Orlando until 2024. Anything that I can do or try?

So I realized after I purchased tickets for May 24 at Hollywood studios that it coincides with the only night that MK will be staying open late for deluxe resort guests during our 5/19-5/29 trip. Our family loves HS, but not as much as late nights at MK! I called and tried to get the tickets canceled and was turned down. Please don’t flame me, I realize that they are nonrefundable and it is completely my screwup. But is it worth calling back and trying to speak with somebody else? The only option they gave me was applying it to tickets for a Christmas party or Halloween party in the future, but we are going to Disneyland in December and the credit won’t transfer. I don’t think will be back in Orlando until 2024. Anything that I can do or try?
That was a dilemma we faced too but opted for the AH. Secretly hoping the MK will be open super super late and we can go there after AH 😂

Unfortunately I think you are out of luck on the refund, but the credit for the tickets won't expire so you could use them for an AH event or party in 2024 if the dates aligned with your trip. You can also transfer the tickets to someone else (but you cannot sell them per the terms and conditions).

Just as an aside, the HS AH events always conflict the the MK EEH. We are actually doing the 5/24 HS event too, and staying deluxe, but opted for HS instead. In our case, it is because we don't have a park ticket for HS otherwise and it was a way to add it to the trip.

No, I don’t think you’ll get a refund no matter how many times you call. Allowing you to transfer the funds to a future party is the standard accommodation Disney makes when guests can’t use their special event tickets. And for a nonrefundable ticket, that’s pretty generous.

Thank you for the input @focusondisney, @Pyxie, and @kat_lh! And I agree that it is nice that they are at least non-expiring as it is some consolation, and it was my hasty decision that caused the issue. I think we might just use the credits in 2024. I just hope that there won’t be an issue then, even though we have been told by ticketing that they could apply for future dates, but I am afraid for Disney and IT to still be showing our credits two years from now. Hopefully it will all work out!

If I am staying at Riviera can I stay for the additional hours at Magic Kingdom on check out day?

Do you need to be staying onsite in order to purchase After Hours tickets? Also, any hope they will continue in HS in September 2023? Thanks

No you don't have to be staying onsite. There is no way for us to know if they will extend into September, but I would expect not likely due to Halloween and Christmas parties. I know these are at MK but they happen several times per week.

We are going this Monday, the 20th, and I will definitely be trying to purchase the ILL$ without day tickets for 7DMT to ride in the 7pm-10pm window. Will report back on the results.
We are also attending tonight 03/20 with no day ticket and I just purchase ILL$ for 7DMT for us at 8:10pm tonight so it looks like it works for ILL$ at least, I presumed the system wouldn't allow me to buy it but the purchase went through with confirmation.

Thinking of buying in June- how is the hs event- you get to do everything? No need to order ILL or genie plus right

We are also attending tonight 03/20 with no day ticket and I just purchase ILL$ for 7DMT for us at 8:10pm tonight so it looks like it works for ILL$ at least, I presumed the system wouldn't allow me to buy it but the purchase went through with confirmation.
Did you buy this thinking you will not be able to ride during late hours party? I was under the impression if I order an after hours party all items would be free to walk on. We are debating buying for June Hollywood studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter