Ages for buffets for child? Is it to age 9 or 11?

marciemi

DIS Veteran
I thought that generally at Disney children were considered to be 3-9. But in my Birnbaum's book, it shows all the buffets (I'm specifically looking at the Crystal Palace character lunch) as 3-11. Does anyone know if this is correct? We're bringing a 9 year old (who would be a child either way) and possibly our 11 year old and just want to have the correct information! Thanks!

For children meals/buffet prices the ages are 3-11. What may be of confusion is that for park passes they are considered child prices aged 3-9.

We just returned and my son is 10 (size of a 12-13 yr old) and he still ate kids meals and they never questioned him looking older than his actual age.

You shouldn't have any problem. Hope this helps!

Just wanted to add that as of January the ages will be changing. In Jan. children will now be ages 3-9 and ages 10 and up will be adults. This is due to the magic your way packages with dining. They have changed the ages so there is more commonality between tickets and dining.

That's what I was afraid of and since we're going in January, guess I should expect to pay for the 11 year old as an adult. Guess we'll see what happens but not be shocked if it happens!

A child at a buffet is considered anyone under the age of 12 and over the age of 2.

A child at the parks is considered anyone under the age of 10 and over the age of 2.

A child in the resorts (so you don't have to pay for an extra adult) is considered anyone under the age of 18.

Hope this helps!

Everything Disney does has a different definition of child.
For park passes it's 3-9.
For restaurants it's 3-11.
For child care clubs (e.g. Neverland Club at the Polynesian), you have to be 4-12.
For Disney Cruises, child rates are for those 3-12.
The child activities at the Grand Floridian (e.g. Pirate Cruise) are open to ages 4-10.

Explanation? Five different people made the decisions, that's all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter