aggravating experience this morning w/ WDW-Dine

tigger2esq

Princess Extraordinaire
I had to call this morning to adjust my PS for Cinderella's breakfast in January from a party of 8 to a party of 7 (I didnt want to get charged the extra $10 fee for a person I KNOW is not coming). Since I am in PA--it was a long distance phone call. I called from my office which has a timer on my phone. I called at approximately 10am EST (Which I had hoped would be a non-busy time to call to change these ressies--also I made sure not to call in around the 90 day window for any big holiday weekends). I was on hold a total of 13 minutes before speaking to the first "live" person. After telling her what I needed (which I presumed would be a simple request that SHE could handle since she was able to pull up my ressie on her computer screen) she aksed to put me on hold to "connect me with ***" (I didnt catch what she siad here). I sat on hold another 4 mintues before speaking with my second "live" person who again confirmed the PS ressie number, and the change from 8 to 7 people (and my request for a high-chair) When I finally hung up the phone--the timer read 20:29. OVER 20 MINUTES for a simple PS change. UNACCEPTABLE in my book. Disney either needs to shorten wait times or get a toll free number. I sent an email to the customer service email address on the website voicing my displeasure with this experience.

There is a toll free number, it's 1-877-939-3732.

I got it on the boards the other day:D I used it on Saturday to book our hotel for a trip in May, so anyone can use it. I'm not sure how the person that posted it got it, but I have been traveling to Disney since 1995 and never heard of it.

I have not used it for PS yet, but there is an option for dining.

Hope you have better luck with all your other plans.:wave2:

thanks! I will certainly be holding onto THAT number!! LOL! Funny thing is with regard to my PS--I spent WAY less time on the phone MAKING the original ressies (for CINDERELLAS!!!!) LOL!

Oh My God!!! Thank you for that number!!! Yes, Disney's wait time for a liver person is just crazy. Thanks again for the number!!!

Are you sure 877 numbers are toll free? I thought that only 888 or 800 were toll free.:confused:

All toll-free numbers used to begin with 800 so the term "800 number" became synonymous with toll-free services. In recent years, however, the FCC has made additional prefixes available. Toll-free prefixes currently include 800, 866, 877 and 888.

Your credit card information had already gone through for the $5/child or $10/adult deposit for CRT breakfast, and Dining agents do not have access to the billing system (your CC had to be processed again to have the deposit credited back) for your security. That is why you had to be connected to a second agent (probably Dine Help -there is no direct outside line) to change the number. Any other location and, yes, the first agent you spoke with would have been able to subtract 1 person quite easily.
The lines don't tend to slow down until closer to noon.
The lines are crowded right now with people booking same-day candlelight and fussing at agents because there are no more tables left on Christmas Day at any MK restaurants. As long as you make changes more than 24 hours ahead of your seating time, you will be ok (even 2 days out).
Those live people are getting to you just as fast as they can. The lines are currently fully staffed, and agents are automatically connected with the next caller immediately after the current caller hangs up.
Sorry you had a frustrating experience.

Safari Steve - are you still doing Dining Phones? Can I ask what your phone name is? I almost asked my PS person if they were you the other day, but chickened out. The guy was very helpful though, named Dustin or Justin or something like that. :)

While the 877 number is toll free, I'm not convinced that it helps alleviate the wait time. I suspect that which ever number you dial, you end up on the same wait queue. I tried it today and wasn't on hold any more or less than usual.

There is one queue for cirque tickets, there is one queue for dining. They feed to whoever the next available agent is (there are hundreds of agents). The advantage to the toll-free number (which is intended for Disney Club members) is not paying long-distance. I would hazard a guess that the number may disappear when Disney Club does in a matter of weeks. (that is just my personal guess. I have no information one way or the other.)
I have finished with my jaunt at the Reservation Center, and am back at the Magic Kingdom for now. In January I will move to an offstage role with minimal guest contact.

Oh, I really hope that they keep the toll-free number. The wait time for these calls seems to have increased so much over the years. I know the agents are doing the best they can. Let's just hope that disney does the right thing and keep this number in existance.

You might already know this but, if you're a DVC member, you can call Member Services (a toll-free call) and have all your ressies made in a fraction of the time it takes for WDW-DINE.

I often call in the evening, around 8 pm or so and have barely ever had to wait more than a few minutes.

Originally posted by fredonna
You might already know this but, if you're a DVC member, you can call Member Services (a toll-free call) and have all your ressies made in a fraction of the time it takes for WDW-DINE.

I could be wrong, but my understanding from planning our June trip last year was that DVC doesn't do this for us anymore. It used to be so convenient that I could e-mail them and get a response 24-hours or so later with my ressie numbers. I only tried to e-mail though, so I could be wrong on that.

There is also another toll free number they now give out on your receipt when you buy annual passes.

married@wdw,

That's odd. I just called yesterday and had them change a ressie, remove another, and add a third. I couldn't have spent five minutes from the minute I called to the time I hung up.

Maybe whoever helped you had a bad day. It's rare but it happens...

Originally posted by married@wdw
I could be wrong, but my understanding from planning our June trip last year was that DVC doesn't do this for us anymore. It used to be so convenient that I could e-mail them and get a response 24-hours or so later with my ressie numbers. I only tried to e-mail though, so I could be wrong on that.

DVC will do PS's over the phone. They will not do e-mails. Remember they do not open until 9:00am so don't use them for hard to get PS's like CRT.

My Disney Club is still current (until 12/31/03, sigh) so I called their 800 number several times in the last couple months when changing resort ressies, etc. I thought using that number might mean more than just a free call, but also perhaps a shorter wait time, more experienced CM's, etc. Wait time seemed about the same, and the CM's were often so bad, I would simply say, thanks, hang up and call back on another line. I had one gentleman who sounded as if he had been asleep, and acted almost rudely to me, as if I had intruded upon his nap, LOL. He spoke in monosyllables, and I got the impression that he wasn't even trying to be helpful. He sighed a lot, and just sat there, not trying to offer me alternative selections when my first choices weren't panning out. Thankfully, when I called back (to CRO) I got someone who was a gem who had some great suggestions and who fixed everything right up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter