• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Agh, you got me Tik Tock/Amazon

china mom

DIS Veteran
Somehow, the algorithm sent me several different tik tockers who all had special coupon codes for Amazon for 90% off certain items and somewhere even free if you were early enough. A couple of the items seemed interesting enough and they were things that I wanted to get eventually. So, I ordered an off brand "roomba" type floor cleaner. Listed at $400. After coupons, it was 90% off so only $40. OK, even if it isn't that great, I can gamble $40. I was pretty sure it was never worth $400 but was OK with that. I ordered it and it took forever to come. Well, it arrived. It is total garbage. Cheap, loud, I'm not even going to put it on the floor. I went to Amazon t check on it today and it is no longer listed for sale.

Still waiting for my fake "ring" ring camera doorbell that is taking over a month to get here. I only paid $19 at 90% off the original $199 list price. It is listed on Amazon now for $19. I'm sure it will be worth all of the $19.

I am still hopeful for my induction earbuds but won't know for another two weeks.

At least Amazon has a good return policy. Anyone else get suckered in by fake amazon deals?

Somehow, the algorithm sent me several different tik tockers who all had special coupon codes for Amazon for 90% off certain items and somewhere even free if you were early enough. A couple of the items seemed interesting enough and they were things that I wanted to get eventually. So, I ordered an off brand "roomba" type floor cleaner. Listed at $400. After coupons, it was 90% off so only $40. OK, even if it isn't that great, I can gamble $40. I was pretty sure it was never worth $400 but was OK with that. I ordered it and it took forever to come. Well, it arrived. It is total garbage. Cheap, loud, I'm not even going to put it on the floor. I went to Amazon t check on it today and it is no longer listed for sale.

Still waiting for my fake "ring" ring camera doorbell that is taking over a month to get here. I only paid $19 at 90% off the original $199 list price. It is listed on Amazon now for $19. I'm sure it will be worth all of the $19.

I am still hopeful for my induction earbuds but won't know for another two weeks.

At least Amazon has a good return policy. Anyone else get suckered in by fake amazon deals?
No but I don't use TikTok (and would never purchase anything directly from Facebook ads either).

I am still mad at Amazon because I spent $80 on a $100 Lyft gift card for black Friday that did not work and they would not reimburse me.

Last edited:
No but I don't use TikTok (and would never purchase anything directly from Facebook ads either).
At least my purchases ere direct from Amazon (only saw the coupon codes on tik tock) so I have the ability to return. I woulld never buy from a tik tock store or from facebook.

At least my purchases ere direct from Amazon (only saw the coupon codes on tik tock) so I have the ability to return. I woulld never buy from a tik tock store or from facebook.
I've purchased a few books from the Tik Tok shop. Indie/self published authors. However, I don't have to worry about whether the books will "work" or not.

Be careful with that. Amazon has a lot of third-party sellers. The quality is not the usual 'Amazon' quality, they can take forever to ship, and sometimes they don't allow returns (or you have to pay to return/ship back).

Be careful with that. Amazon has a lot of third-party sellers. The quality is not the usual 'Amazon' quality, they can take forever to ship, and sometimes they don't allow returns (or you have to pay to return/ship back).
Luckily, my vacuum had free return shipping. I already processed the return. I'm willing to eat the $19 doorbell camera so I probably won't send it back unless I am really mad about it when it arrives.

But, yes, they were third party sellers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter