Ahoy, Mickey! It's Just Me! | First Solo Trip March '16 | What Now?? Update 11/26

Hi! I just read through your posts and I will be crossing my fingers that this trip is FANTASTIC for you! I'm taking my two little girls (ages 5 & 4 at trip time!) for their first visit from 3/19/16-3/25/16. I'm SUPER EXCITED and am trying REALLY hard not to be overwhelmed with the planning aspect. Booking the ADRs was pretty intense for me :D Anyway, I'm loving your posts and may be borrowing some of your plans for us ;)

That's so exciting! Your little girls are going to have the most amazing time! Those are really great ages for a first trip! I was 4 the first time I went and have some of the most amazing memories from that trip. Planning can be really overwhelming. I live in Florida so I have been lucky enough to go a lot so it has gotten less overwhelming over the years. If you have any questions on anything feel free to shoot me a message! I am sort of an obsessive Disney planner so I have lots of practice ;). ADRs are intense. This was my first time booking far enough out to take part in the 180 day madness and it was INSANE! Feel free to borrow any plans that you want! As it gets closer I actually make touring plans for each day which may be a little crazy, but it works for me!

Day 6 - Final Day and Heading Home

This is the last day of my trip. This day is still a little up in the air. A lot of it depends on transportation. I am considering seeing if my mom wants to come up and join me for this day at the park and then ride home with her. I may even see if she wants to come on Saturday and stay the night and we can book a hotel for the night. I am not totally sure yet. If she comes with me for just this day, we will end up going to Magic Kingdom. If she is there for both days, we would probably do Epcot this day.

If it is just me, the I have other plans.

magic-kingdom-welcome-00.jpg

I have never seen the Welcome Show at the Magic Kingdom. I won't be able to on Saturday because I will be at breakfast so, my plan is to get to Magic Kingdom early and see the show! The park opens at 9 this morning. I think after the show I will go in, maybe use a Fast Pass or two and ride a ride or two before heading to breakfast at a place that I love!

1900-park-fare-00.jpg

1900-Park-Fare.jpg

I had an amazing breakfast at 1900 Park Fare with my mom on the last trip. I LOVE the Grand Floridian, I love the characters and atmosphere and the food was wonderful! I got a reservation for 11:00 AM so that I would have a little park time in the morning.

I love that I can just take the monorail to my reservation!

After breakfast I want to head over to DTD "Disney Springs" to do a little shopping and walking around. I feel like I never really spend a lot of time there on a trip. Since I have a pass, we always go to the parks all days we are there and if we do stop at DTD, it is only for an hour or two and most of it is typically spent eating somewhere! Since I will be coming from a meal I am not making any reservations. I figure I can get a snack somewhere and shop to my hearts content until it is time to head home from the World :).

I know that this trip will be amazing and I so need it. Things have been really rough and this is what I think about when things are bad. Somehow hospital stays and IVs just seem a little less awful when you are thinking about riding Thunder Mountain and Dinning with an Imagineer.

I wish it was closer, but at least I get to be excited for a long time!

I got some bad news today that has been upsetting. The friend of mine who made the reservation at Fort Wilderness isn't going to be able to go because of health problems. She had to cancel the reservation. Now there are 9 of us with no where to stay and no idea what to do. We can't afford rooms onsite for all of us and we don't know the transportation will work offsite.

Tonight I have to do some hotel research and report back to everyone else tonight, but there is a very real possibility that this trip will be canceled which would make this two in a row.

I guess it is my fault for letting myself get so excited, but I am kind of devastated.

It looks like there are still campsites available for your days. Can someone else in your party not book one?

I hope it all works out and you don't have to cancel!

It looks like there are still campsites available for your days. Can someone else in your party not book one?

I hope it all works out and you don't have to cancel!

One of the people in my group called and was told there were none available. Plus, unfortunately the person that had to cancel had all of the camping supplies. Tents, beds, everything. None of us know a single thing about camping. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that there is a way to make the trip happen!

Well, I am trying with all I can to make this trip happen. I am trying to see if I can get 3 people to split a room with me at Pop Century. I would actually like it better than the campground. It would be more expensive, but it isn't outside which is big for me. I'll keep you guys updated. Keep your fingers crossed for me that some pixie dust comes through!

After a bit of thinking I decided that as soon as I have the money, I am booking at Pop, or whatever Value resort is cheapest for those days. I am not letting this trip fall apart and in all honesty, I don't want to room with a ton of people. Maybe I will room with one, but most likely just me. I am picking up some more online work and am putting my heart and soul into my sticker business because I just can't let this trip go away. I had to cancel my last trip because of health, I'm not going this December to celebrate my birthday because of my health, I need this trip to happen!!!

Wish me luck!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, this is actually Kelsey's mom here. She asked me to post an update for her. She had surgery yesterday and will be in the hospital for a few days. She wanted me to let everyone know that she hasn't abandoned the trip planning or report! That girl eats, sleeps, and breathes Disney. It is all she has talked about in the hospital. The nurse even told me that when she woke up in recovery, she asked if Belle had been by to see her. The nurse asked me if Belle was one of her friends and I told them that she most likely meant the Disney princess. I told her about it when she woke up, but obviously she has no recollection of it happening! She told me how to update the title, now god only knows if I will be able to figure it out.

Hi guys! Guess who is back? Me! I'm home from the hospital now and healing up. I spent the last 3 days reading trip reports and dining reports to keep myself happy and entertained. The pain meds that they put me on make me really tired but I would rather be tired than in pain.

I am thinking I may throw myself into some planning tonight because I could use the distraction. I haven't left my house since I got home and I haven't done anything in a week now and I am going crazy! I am also thinking I may try and finish my last trip report while I have some free time.

Also if you guys have any dining reports or trip reports that you wrote or that you read and loved, please link me! I seriously get so much joy out of reading those.

I just found your PTR and am following along! I hope this surgery allows you to live pain free now! Your trip plans look awesome! We stayed at POP for one night during our trip last month and really liked it. I hope it works out for you to stay there!

Also, @Elevationist has some great solo trip reports you should check out as well as two pre-trip reports! :)

I'm having internet problems so I am trying to do an update from my phone for the first time.

Lots of real life stuff going on that has gotten in the way of my obsessive Disney planning. My last payment for my cruise is due 11/4. $499. Yikes. The problem is that with surgery and my health not being great, money is, well, almost nonexistent. I spoke with the cruise line and they extended it to the week of 11/14 (as in after 11/14) because I am having a yardsale that day and should be able to come up with a good amount of money. I have a lot of stuff to sell.

I also will be having another surgery on 11/6. This is a minor procedure but I'm still not looking forward to it. Without being too sad I'll just update you guys that the first surgery didn't work so we are exploring some more temporary options. I'm sad but I'm trying to stay busy so I don't think about it too much. That a bit hard when the pain reminds me but I've been reading trip reports to stay distracted.

I still don't have a hotel but I'm hoping to fix that come January.

This whole not working thing has really messed with me. I like having money lol.

I'll update you guys when I have more news, but I think that is it for now!

Hi everyone! I haven't abandoned this PTR. I started a new one for a trip in 2 WEEKS!!! I will link that here!

Sadly, I have had to cancel the cruise that I was supposed to go on before this trip. It is sad, but for the best. I'm not going to cancel this trip yet, but I may need to. However, i may have a friend coming with me and it may be even better. Who knows!!!

Well, I'm sad to say that it looks like this trip may not be. It isn't for sure yet, but with me canceling the cruise before this, it just doesn't seem promising.

On the bright (and slightly ironic side) today, I got tickets to see one of my favorite musicians in concert for the first time. It is at the House of Blues in Orlando on the Saturday night I of this trip!

That may end up messing the trip up, to be completely honest. Both my mom and one of my friends are coming to this concert and my mom is driving us. That wouldn't work so well if I was already in Orlando. Who know, I guess we will see! I'll keep you guys updated as I know more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter