Air fare next Easter

AMI

Earning My Ears
Hi -
We are desperately trying to find less expensive airfare for 4 for next Easter - leaving out of Green Bay or Appleton, WI or even Milwaukee, WI. Any advice out there on when to book, who to book, or how to find an inexpensive flight during the busiest time of the year? Thanks!

How about seeing what airfare is flying into Tampa?

Much less expensive than Orlando from the midwest.

All I can say is keep checking every day and try to fly midweek if you can.

Herc.

Hi, AMI--

I fly to Florida every Easter without fail. Here are a few suggestions to help get a good rate:

1. Be willing to include a layover in your flight plan rather than being set on a nonstop flight.

2. Be willing to travel at "less attractive times of the day", like departure at 5:30 AM, etc. if it means getting a cheaper fare.

3. Consider adjusting your dates, expecially on your return flight, to get out of peak Easter time frame. I've found that usually rates are lower if the return flight is 8 days after Easter itself, rather than 7 days after Easter.

4. Check the travel websites as often as you can. Try plugging in different airports that will work. Tampa is a good idea, as hercamore suggested. Special low fares will appear out of nowhere all of a sudden, and then disappear sometimes in a matter of hours. I booked my tickets from Detroit to Ft. Myers on a Sun. afternoon in May when I stumbled on a $177 Delta fare for Apr. 17-27, 2003. By the next morning, the deal was gone and the same tickets would have cost me $469. Be patient and look often.

5. If you find a good rate on a general travel site like expedia.com or travelocity.com, be sure to go to the specific airline website. Sometimes you'll find the same tickets there for $10 less per ticket because there's no service charge involved or whatever.

That's all I can think of. Hope this helps a little. Good luck as you pursue those elusive cheap plane tickets. I just know that there are 4 cheapo tickets out there somewhere with YOUR name on them! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter