Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just got off the phone with non-customer service Via the extra-special, super fast ONYX number. After being lost in silicone-sally loops for far too long i got the message that "we're currently experiencing longer than usual wait times, good bye" WHHHHHHHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaTTTTTT! SO i called back and got stuck on hold for over 10 minutes before someone finally answered. I was trying to track down my missing 25X miles from the March on-line promotion. He tried to argue with me that it hadn't been long enough to claim them and when i read the fine print that stated 75 days he told me i could have used the online claim. Told him i had and received an email telling me that since it was more than 25 miles and i quote "Your email will be placed in priority sequence and a personalized reply will be on its way within 7-10 business days. " Yeah, the 10th day was yesterday!

Long & short i eventually got those miles credited in several lumps because "i can only add 250 miles at a time" I swear it was never this hard to use this programme!!!

Now to decide what to do with all these miles :scratchin

I'm still dealing with that stupid 25X online promo too. After approximately 27 emails, they now say it will be 4-6 more weeks before they decide what to do.

I'm wondering if the chat might work better? I'm not Onyx, so calling isn't an option for me. I'm missing 2077 AM and I'm frustrated!

I'm still dealing with that stupid 25X online promo too. After approximately 27 emails, they now say it will be 4-6 more weeks before they decide what to do.

I'm wondering if the chat might work better? I'm not Onyx, so calling isn't an option for me. I'm missing 2077 AM and I'm frustrated!
Thats alot of miles. I know the frustration with that when we had to deal with the STB 1900am and that took about 3 months before it was applied to our status.
Good Luck

Wow are you kidding, Now I have to eat alot of Crow. I never would have thought. This group is amazing.
I will chat when I get home today and see about an exchange. And the Gatineau tickets if you can use them are
Port 3 Range k Section 201 seats 13/14
What a group.
I guess with just a small amount of ticket out there and our group posting we all gathered them up.
Lots of pixie dust here.

Hi Mort
I sent you a PM.
Hugs Mel

Calling is an option for EVERYONE! It's just there is a different phone number to *start* the process but truthfully? I think once the call is answered it gets dumped into the same place!

Chat will give you even less help be cause they are technically only authorized to do a max of 25 miles (unless you get someone who has been around long enough to know the system!) I would suggest you get all of your information handy, including the following:

• date of purchase
  • store you shopped at (i believe it was Groupon for you correct?)
  • total amount you paid and the date that charge was completed on your method of payment
  • a copy of the e-mail outlining the promotion details (if you need this send me a PM)
The agent i had today tried to snow me on the standard "it's not 120 days yet" and i stopped him to mention that this specific promo stated 75 days which was June 5th. Do NOT back down, no need to be rude, but be forceful and if the person who answers gives you the company line simply ask to be transferred to someone who can help. There is no need for you to wait another 4-6 weeks because that would take you well past even the 120 day mark! (july 20th)

I use chat all the time and they have had to add way more than 25 miles before for me.
Yup, me as well but when they needed to hire more staff to handle the number of complaints surrounding the impending expiration of miles a LOT came in who will only do exactly what they are supposed to do and for the chat that's 25 miles. I've been frustrated more times than not lately with chat sessions where I know more than the other person!!! I love it when i happen upon someone who is an active fellow collector because they are more willing (and able) to help out in every way they can.

Thanks J-I see that there is a an offer to switch your Hudsons Bay rewards to Airmiles and get a bonus 10 AM. I didnt even know they could be converted!
Yup, they don't convert them all (some stupid amount remains) but it certainly adds up if you do any shopping there. In the last year I've earn 269 miles -- I do lots of on-line surveys and one pays out in HBC points.

Just checked and they are offering 150AM for just going in and showing up to pre-arrange a funeral. :worship::worship::worship:
I know all these companies and they dont push hard. I am signing up just for me, and walk in and know the director. roflmao.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
So if any of you do this, easy 150, just dont have to sign or pay. Good info though.
Any questions, ask your local disboard mort.:goodvibes:goodvibes

The only thing i can find is this list of what's EXCLUDED
Purchases of Shell Gift Cards, tobacco products and Service Bay repairs are not eligible for this offer.

Has anyone been able to figure out the latest Shell text offer that starts July 14th? I signed up today and quickly chose bonus miles without reading the fine print. Does it include gas? The last one did.

Just to weigh in on the airmiles agents conversation... that's what made me sour and slow way down on airmiles. I was an avid collector but when it got to the point that pretty much 75% of the offers weren't crediting correctly, and when I called I got repeatedly got someone who didn't know what I was talking about and had no authority to fix it.. it just went south.
I still collect but definitely not with the zeal that I once did. It used to be simple as pie to get a mistake corrected. Now you have to jump through hoops and still don't see a resolution sometimes. It's frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter