Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I've been quietly watching the thread count, chewing on my nails, and repeatedly refreshing the page since THIS post was made yesterday
Congrats Jacqueline on the 1300 pages. Who would have ever thought a little discussion about Airmiles would go this long.
A quick check of the other stats showed a couple of other awesome things about our tight-knit community

26 THOUSAND replies and over 2 MILLION views in just under 5 years 😱 I'm sure there must be a way to check and see how many participants there have been over the years but a quick glance at the first couple of pages shows we have about 20 of us who were, and continue to be, active hunters. I love that we're still posting even though the offers are pretty abysmal right now and that we're sharing how to both earn, redeem AND how to get refunds for travel related rewards with each other.

I think it's rather appropriate that the person who pointed out that we'd hit 1,300 pages of posts managed to land on another milestone!!!

Congrats @ottawamom
AIRMILES THREAD.png

Wow...that's really cool. 2 million views that doesn't seem possible.

Just wanted to say that I've got you all beat on the AM's earned for yesterday......a big fat ZERO. All I bought was a gift card.

On the sewing machine subject.....I'm a VERY basic sewer, as in, I can make pillows and hem things. I can't make clothes or anything like that. The machine I have I bought close to 20 years ago and it was used then. It's a Kenmore machine that had no owners manual so I have no idea how to properly take care of it.....and never have. Oil it? I figured it probably needed that but I've never done it. Tension.....have no idea when or why to adjust that. I'm sure there are YouTube videos on this sort of stuff but I never think to look. I'm still making masks but I'm going to get that wrapped up in the next day or two and put the machine away. I wanted to get enough made for my family to last through the winter and so that they don't need to be washed daily. I think I've made around 60 so far.

Wow...that's really cool. 2 million views that doesn't seem possible.

Just wanted to say that I've got you all beat on the AM's earned for yesterday......a big fat ZERO. All I bought was a gift card.

On the sewing machine subject.....I'm a VERY basic sewer, as in, I can make pillows and hem things. I can't make clothes or anything like that. The machine I have I bought close to 20 years ago and it was used then. It's a Kenmore machine that had no owners manual so I have no idea how to properly take care of it.....and never have. Oil it? I figured it probably needed that but I've never done it. Tension.....have no idea when or why to adjust that. I'm sure there are YouTube videos on this sort of stuff but I never think to look. I'm still making masks but I'm going to get that wrapped up in the next day or two and put the machine away. I wanted to get enough made for my family to last through the winter and so that they don't need to be washed daily. I think I've made around 60 so far.
Try an online search for the manual. I have had good luck with finding manuals online.

Thank you everyone for your kind congratulations. I just spend way too much time here. The person we should really be congratulating in Jacqueline @Donald - my hero . She is the person who has kept this thread alive and rolling along all these years. Without her this thread would likely have died off years ago.

Thank you Jacqueline, for making this a place we can discuss Airmiles and just about everything else that comes up from time to time.

Remember that tmrw (Monday) is the last day for Christmas in July!
YUP! Hubby was musing about possibly needing a webcam soon, i gave him a quick side-eye as I opened up the airmilesshop webpage and asked a ton of pointed questions :P
I found a webcam on New egg - $250
A nifty thing to wrangle all the tools that came with Sir Sucksalot on Amazon that i can add to my running list

And finally a BBQ cover from Rona that will let me use a targeted offer i have from them as well!

I'll finish up the actual transactions tomorrow and I should be able to pull in over 400 miles!!!!

YUP! Hubby was musing about possibly needing a webcam soon, i gave him a quick side-eye as I opened up the airmilesshop webpage and asked a ton of pointed questions :P
A nifty thing to wrangle all the tools that came with Sir Sucksalot on Amazon that i can add to my running list

And finally a BBQ cover from Rona that will let me use a targeted offer i have from them as well!

I'll finish up the actual transactions tomorrow and I should be able to pull in over 400 miles!!!!
I got the kids some clothes and Christmas gifts from the mega sale at Children's Place, some new Birkenstocks from DSW, and an order from the Gap at 5x (although many of the items in that order are on backorder for some reason).

Not to step on toes, but if you have a good bbq, you should not cover it. The good ones are built to be outside. The covers keep moisture in and that is what rots them out. I have never covered any of mine in 30years. My current ones are 15 and 20 years old and look and work great.

I was going to do the online shopping thing but my amazon order didn't seem to work so I decided not to bother. I spent quite a bit and the points never showed up. Old Navy worked right off. Very annoying and I remember why I hate it.

I only really tried because amazon isn't on rakuten and i figured what the heck. But then amazon shipped everything in separate boxes, so nothing added up right and screw it. I can't be bothered to fight for a few hundred airmiles at this point. I didn't bother with a third store.

So I thought I would ask my shopping friends this question..
I haven’t been collecting any Airmiles since the pandemic started but plan to start again slowly. I‘m starting to pay attention to the online promos. Which got me thinking .. are any of you thinking of Christmas shopping yet ? I know .. I want to roll my eyes at myself for thinking of it this early. But I keep wondering what will happen if we experience a resurgence in the Fall, and we don’t feel safe going in stores ? Canada Post is always bad around the holidays but this year delivery could be significantly worse. I was waiting up to a month for Amazon orders in April.

Anyway , I guess my question is if any of you have started shopping now ? Is anyone trying to get it all done early ?

Last edited:
I used to Christmas shop this early but now kiddo is so fickle, he will change his mind on what he wants so I will have to wait until closer to the date, or at least closer to December. I have an idea of what I want to get him but need to see if it really does interest him still.

So I thought I would ask my shopping friends this question..
I haven’t been collecting any Airmiles since the pandemic started but plan to start again slowly. I‘m starting to pay attention to the online promos. Which got me thinking .. are any of you thinking of Christmas shopping yet ? I know .. I want to roll my eyes at myself for thinking of it this early. But I keep wondering what will happen if we experience a resurgence in the Fall, and we don’t feel safe going in stores ? Canada post is always bad around the holidays but this year delivery’s could be significantly worse. I was waiting up to a month for Amazon orders in April.

Anyway , I guess my question is if any of you have started shopping now ? Is anyone trying to get it all done early ?
Great idea! I think it would be good to get going on it early this year. I've cut my shopping way back in the past few years. The boys get cheques but I still need some smaller things for them to unwrap. I will have to start a list and put my thinking cap on.

Ding ! Ding! Ding!
Bells are ringing !!!
Christmas Bells that is!!!
Pigletto I started ...:santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

I say no Bah Humbug due to Covid 19 this year for my family!!!

Ok the kids have limited me to $100.00 gift each ....party poopers.

Anyhow this month I bought Amazon $50.00 cards with the BMO mastercard to get airmiles,,, & $40.00 Airmiles Ubereats e vouchers & $10.00 starbucks gift cards all via Cash Airmiles.

I picked up some beautifully made reusable cotton Christmas bags from Etsy.
Mini gift card ones and little santa sack ones.
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/SewGoodGiftBags?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=672875073

I tried to say I wouldn't do stockings but I finally told my sons "look stockings are just part of who I am" ,,,I'll try to keep the cost down.

1595869188964.png

I need some ideas for family (brothers & sister) gift.(probably something basket food related).

I am french knitting a very long garland for the Christmas tree,,,my kids think I'm nuts but hey it keeps me busy......I'll post a pic when it's done/

Oh and I am thinking of making my granddaughter a scarf,,that is if I can refine my knitting capabilities. (never knitted anything before in my life).

This is my list for stockings
Top 10 Xmas Mini Stockings
1 humidifier cleaning fish (need to buy 2 more).
1 toothbrush---CHECK
1 mini toothpaste ---CHECK
1 dental floss---CHECK
1 Lip balm ---CHECK
1 mini scope ---CHECK
1 mini hand sanitizer---CHECK
1 mini Advil--- CHECK
1 Mini Tylenol ---CHECK
1 pack cookies
1 cough drops
1 chocolate bar
1 gum pack
CHECK means I've bought them.

The only one I will wait for is my Granddaughter as she can change her mind on a dime,,,,teens.
Love her though!
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Not to step on toes, but if you have a good bbq, you should not cover it. The good ones are built to be outside. The covers keep moisture in and that is what rots them out. I have never covered any of mine in 30years. My current ones are 15 and 20 years old and look and work great.
yeah, this is a case of it doesn't matter what we think or want. We're in a townhouse condo complex and if we have a bbq outside it must be covered. Regarding the actual bbq itself, don't get me started! It has cast iron grill plates and the friggin things rusted before the end of the first season. The suggestion from broil king, to everyone who complains about this is to be sure they're clean and dry after each use and store them in a dry spot, preferably inside. Excuse me but WTAF?!? Who takes grills off and stores them inside?!?!

Ding ! Ding! Ding!
Bells are ringing !!!
Christmas Bells that is!!!
Pigletto I started ...:santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

I say no Bah Humbug due to Covid 19 this year for my family!!!

Ok the kids have limited me to $100.00 gift each ....party poopers.

Anyhow this month I bought Amazon $50.00 cards with the BMO mastercard to get airmiles,,, & $40.00 Airmiles Ubereats e vouchers & $10.00 starbucks gift cards all via Cash Airmiles.

I picked up some beautifully made reusable cotton Christmas bags from Etsy.
Mini gift card ones and little santa sack ones.
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/SewGoodGiftBags?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=672875073

I tried to say I wouldn't do stockings but I finally told my sons "look stockings are just part of who I am" ,,,I'll try to keep the cost down.

View attachment 513866

I need some ideas for family (brothers & sister) gift.(probably something basket food related).

I am french knitting a very long garland for the Christmas tree,,,my kids think I'm nuts but hey it keeps me busy......I'll post a pic when it's done/

Oh and I am thinking of making my granddaughter a scarf,,that is if I can refine my knitting capabilities. (never knitted anything before in my life).

This is my list for stockings
Top 10 Xmas Mini Stockings
1 humidifier cleaning fish (need to buy 2 more).
1 toothbrush---CHECK
1 mini toothpaste ---CHECK
1 dental floss---CHECK
1 Lip balm ---CHECK
1 mini scope ---CHECK
1 mini hand sanitizer---CHECK
1 mini Advil--- CHECK
1 Mini Tylenol ---CHECK
1 pack cookies
1 cough drops
1 chocolate bar
1 gum pack
CHECK means I've bought them.

Hugs
Mel
Don't forget about Christmas themed face masks. I can't wait to start making some. I will limit myself to not wearing them before the beginning of December.:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter