Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I bought the 10L of v-power on my card. Will likely put another 10L in on Monday for week 2.

I will have to grab a snack for DH’s card tomorrow.

I put gas in the car at Shell before our drive to TO. So that was about 1 AM. I will see about next week, may just buy something in side as I'm not sure I'll need gas again for a bit.

I am going for a hot dog meal deal tomorrow for the Shell offer. Last time the cashier didn’t put in the right offer. I paid more than $2.49 for the chips and drink, yet no 20 bonus miles. The time I will make sure!

Shell has changed the way they do their receipts and I don't like it. No AM on receipt not even the AM #. And it seems to take mine 4-5 days to post now.

I'm so torn with this Shell offer. The AM's equal about $5. I bought 20 LT of regular gas which pretty much filled up my car (I was already three quarters full). I'm not sure I can get more gas in over the next two weeks, we just are not traveling that much.
So do I want to spend money in store to get 50 AM's. I think, for me, that would just be a waste to get the 50 AM's. I just don't know.....I have to give it more thought.
I agree with @ottawamom , the way they are doing the receipts now is annoying. I want to see any AM's I have earned.

I'm so torn with this Shell offer. The AM's equal about $5. I bought 20 LT of regular gas which pretty much filled up my car (I was already three quarters full). I'm not sure I can get more gas in over the next two weeks, we just are not traveling that much.
So do I want to spend money in store to get 50 AM's. I think, for me, that would just be a waste to get the 50 AM's. I just don't know.....I have to give it more thought.
I agree with @ottawamom , the way they are doing the receipts now is annoying. I want to see any AM's I have earned.

I get what you mean. I got the offer but it just doesn’t work for me, especially for 50 miles.

Agreed. Even making 3 trips there seems a lot for the 50 AM, unless you’re already going there. I opted in but not going out of my way. If I get 3 naturally by needing gas 3x (unlikely) then great, if not then I’m ok skipping these miles.

I will do the shell offer, but just because, well, I'm going to start using a lot of gas over the next few weeks. DS and DH are back in school buses are not running, so we'll be driving them back and forth. We're rural, the schools are a good 25 minute drive away, so twice a day adds up to a fair bit of gas. So I should be able to do at least a small fill up each week.

we're doing the shell offer for the ice cream treat because hubby deserves a treat once a week. Our lives have been a mess since February with my elimination diet and then covid keeping us isolated and he's tired of the sameness of every single day. I'm not the best companion lately and this is something I can do that will come in around our 1:1 ratio.

we're doing the shell offer for the ice cream treat because hubby deserves a treat once a week. Our lives have been a mess since February with my elimination diet and then covid keeping us isolated and he's tired of the sameness of every single day. I'm not the best companion lately and this is something I can do that will come in around our 1:1 ratio.
Any idea how much the Klondike are at Shell?

Any idea how much the Klondike are at Shell?
Would you believe they're $4.19 and i didn't notice till i got in the car and looked at the receipt that i needed to spend more 🤦‍♀️ Back to Shell before tomorrow midnight i guess. Hubby is thrilled :P It says there's a new batch of offers starting tomorrow, hope there's still something he likes!!!

Last edited:
Would you believe they're $4.19 and i didn't notice till i got in the car and looked at the receipt that i needed to spend more 🤦‍♀️ Back to Shell before tomorrow midnight i guess. Hubby is thrilled :P It says there's a new batch of offers starting tomorrow, hope there's still something he likes!!!

So are you saying there is a min spend?
Thanks
Mel

Is this the buy gas or in-store purchase once a week for 3 weeks and get 50 bonus miles? If so, my e-mail didn't say anything about a minimum spend. Nor does the T&C.

The e-mail does say "collect at least 1 mile per week on fuel or in-store purchases for 3 consective weeks. get a total of 50 air miles bonus miles".

The photo I tried to attach was too small. Here's a link to the T&C. There may be an issue as in there it says "... that gets you at least one air miles base mile per purchase." Usually the miles attached to their specials (ice cream, choc, etc) are bonus miles. Those should still work right? I wonder why they would specify base miles.

https://shellgoplus.ca/en/terms/d47815

So are you saying there is a min spend?
Thanks
Mel
Is this the buy gas or in-store purchase once a week for 3 weeks and get 50 bonus miles? If so, my e-mail didn't say anything about a minimum spend. Nor does the T&C.

The e-mail does say "collect at least 1 mile per week on fuel or in-store purchases for 3 consective weeks. get a total of 50 air miles bonus miles".

Yes there is a minimum spend, sorta, you have to earn at least one BASE mile which means spend $5 and it can be store and/or gas.
This is a tad clearer with the information highlighted

****ETA, HEY, not fair you edited your post before i finished answering @Disney Addicted !! It's because it is a SEPARATE offer, above and beyond the
individual store offer

The terms and conditions for the 3 week offer to earn 50 miles is found on THIS PAGE

Opt in by September 6, 2020 to Get 50 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you make at least one purchase per week for a 3-week period, that gets you at least one AIR MILES base Mile per purchase. Ends September 20, 2020.
Offer valid August 31, through to September 20, 2020 at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations). You must opt into this offer by September 6, 2020 to be eligible. Get 50 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you make at least
one purchase per week for a 3-week period; that gets you at least one AIR MILES base Mile per purchase. Both fuel and convenience store purchases are eligible. See airmiles .ca or in-store for full Base Offer details. The 3 weeks are defined as: August 31 through to September 6, 2020; September 7 through to September 13, 2020; and September 14 through to September 20, 2020. No coupon required. The same valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped/Collector Number entered at time of each qualifying purchase. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 2 weeks post-promotion for your Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter