Airmiles Armchair Chatter

No trip report because as of last night I was all about I hate WestJet ,,,,,,,,,,, long story short ,,,, bag drop at WestJet took over an hour and half in a line up.
All bag check in kiosks broken,,, only 2 computers working ,,not enough staff.

Orlando Security check had 2 people screening for everyone,,, many flights delayed and cancelled.
Customs people said they don't have the staff.

Took over an hour to get through,,,,, as I am at gate 90 ,,, needing to get to gate 95 they say last call for my flight,,,,,, everyone starts running,,,,,,,,,
I start running in my Birkenstocks ,,, new suitcase doesn't keep up with me .... I rolll to the left ,,, over my ankle goes and I hit the floor.

Barely walking I make it to board the plane cause I am CANADIAN and not missing this flight.
I sat with an ice pack on my ankle the entire flight. (And a shot with Advil).
They took me off the plane in a wheelchair and skipped the (mile long) customs walk via an elevator system.
I got outside of Pearson Airport and sat on a bench and had a good old cry,,,,
Never have I been so HAPPY to be home!!

Guess who will be flying carry on ONLY next trip!

Hugs Mel
yikes....I hope your ankle is ok now.

Pretty much what you describe at MCO is what has been the situation for a loooong time now. The kiosks have barely been working for years....unless you are flying with Southwest, theirs seem to always work. I think we were in the bag drop line back in June for a good 30 minutes or more and we were close to the front of the line. Some people managed to get bag tags from the kiosks but no boarding passes and other people had the opposite. My DD had the same experience in May. In January the kiosks worked but the printing was all smeared so totally useless. Security has been a disaster for years too. I think our shortest wait in the last 6-7 years has been 30 minutes. LOL....then there was the time that the fake-o-rail stopped working.

Just a tip for everyone. Federal law prohibits a flight from taking off with luggage but no matching passenger. So if you checked a bag but have not boarded the plane they have to either find you and get you in your seat or pull your luggage off the plane. Pulling bags off is the very last resort. So no need to run...just walk quickly.

yikes....I hope your ankle is ok now.

Pretty much what you describe at MCO is what has been the situation for a loooong time now. The kiosks have barely been working for years....unless you are flying with Southwest, theirs seem to always work. I think we were in the bag drop line back in June for a good 30 minutes or more and we were close to the front of the line. Some people managed to get bag tags from the kiosks but no boarding passes and other people had the opposite. My DD had the same experience in May. In January the kiosks worked but the printing was all smeared so totally useless. Security has been a disaster for years too. I think our shortest wait in the last 6-7 years has been 30 minutes. LOL....then there was the time that the fake-o-rail stopped working.

Just a tip for everyone. Federal law prohibits a flight from taking off with luggage but no matching passenger. So if you checked a bag but have not boarded the plane they have to either find you and get you in your seat or pull your luggage off the plane. Pulling bags off is the very last resort. So no need to run...just walk quickly.
Now she tells me....lol....lol
For 27 years I have been saying multiple times a day WALK ,,, No Running!
Ah I learn something new everyday!
Thanks Hon.
Hugs Mel

Did anyone else forget about the time change? I won 10 am yesterday and 10 more today.

My son tested positive for covid last week and now I have it. At least I was able to order some stuff from rexall on door dash. I do like being able to get stuff delivered. Wish I could earn AM on my deliveries. Oh well. Now for a nap.
Ah Hon
Try to stay well rested & hydrated. Yeah my sister called me and her daughter is sick (Hubby in Mexico) so I hobbled to the car with a baggie of stuff and drove to her house.
Stayed in the car with a mask on and handed over my goodie bag.
(Throat sooth tea, Hot Neo Citran lemon drink, Strepsil throat drops and a few cans of Swiss Chalet chicken & Rice soup.)
I love being able to order stuff in an pinch from Amazon, Door Dash too!
Take good care of yourself.

Hugs Mel

Ah Hon
Try to stay well rested & hydrated. Yeah my sister called me and her daughter is sick (Hubby in Mexico) so I hobbled to the car with a baggie of stuff and drove to her house.
Stayed in the car with a mask on and handed over my goodie bag.
(Throat sooth tea, Hot Neo Citran lemon drink, Strepsil throat drops and a few cans of Swiss Chalet chicken & Rice soup.)
I love being able to order stuff in an pinch from Amazon, Door Dash too!
Take good care of yourself.

Hugs Mel

I hope you had a good trip until the coming home bit.
I am very glad of all the convenience available to us now, being able to order delivery of pretty much everything is super convenient. Tea, that's a good idea! Everything tastes very odd :( It's like certain flavours are missing, but I still get a few so it's all just not right. Hopefully that clears up sooner than later! But rest and hydrated are top of the list. I guess it was a matter of time before it was brought home. Problem today, I can't tell if I have a fever or it's just crazy hot outside. How is it 20 on Nov 6th?

I'm HOME!!
LOOK WHAT I WON
So Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Airmiles Carousel Of Dreams!!
That is awesome! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It couldn't have gone to a nicer person. It's great that someone from our little group here won such a fantastic prize! Where are you planning to go to use that????????????????
My son tested positive for covid last week and now I have it. At least I was able to order some stuff from rexall on door dash. I do like being able to get stuff delivered. Wish I could earn AM on my deliveries. Oh well. Now for a nap.
Get better soon! Hopefully it doesn't take you too long to recover from it.
That is good to know. So I'm guessing that we didn't have to do the 3 miles sprint we did in Toronto connecting to Orlando in February at 6:20 AM :rotfl: After taking the red eye from Edmonton to Toronto connecting to the morning flight to Orlando, we were a mess. Thank goodness we didn't need a bathroom break - because there was zero time with waiting inline to get through customs in Toronto then the sprint to catch out plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were the last ones on the plane. After we got on...the door shut and they were pulling away from the gate by the time we were sitting in our seats.

That is awesome! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It couldn't have gone to a nicer person. It's great that someone from our little group here won such a fantastic prize! Where are you planning to go to use that????????????????

Get better soon! Hopefully it doesn't take you too long to recover from it.

That is good to know. So I'm guessing that we didn't have to do the 3 miles sprint we did in Toronto connecting to Orlando in February at 6:20 AM :rotfl: After taking the red eye from Edmonton to Toronto connecting to the morning flight to Orlando, we were a mess. Thank goodness we didn't need a bathroom break - because there was zero time with waiting inline to get through customs in Toronto then the sprint to catch out plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were the last ones on the plane. After we got on...the door shut and they were pulling away from the gate by the time we were sitting in our seats.
Hmmmm.... I am thinking Universal Orlando OR Universal Orlando...lol
Just no sprinting in the Airport for me....lol
Hugs Hon
Mel

If anyone in Ontario needs to do some online shopping this week is the perfect time to get clicking! You'll get the 10x the miles PLUS the airmilesshops has a 7x miles SITEWIDE coupled with a bunch of stores having their own multipliers running, meaning you can get a lot of miles. If you're strategic about it you could save some money as well since a lot of stores have already started their Black Friday sales.

I need an adapter for the Surface to use when we go to a hotel and I can either buy it thru Amazon (and question if it falls under an allowed category) OR get it from Dell and earn more miles:

• Cost is $69.99
  • Base miles -3
  • Airmiles 10x bonus - 27 (can't earn the base miles more than once)
  • Online site 7x bonus - 18 (same as above)
  • Dell 3x bonus - 6 miles (same as above)
  • Total miles snagged = 54 pretty darned close to 1:1 which is hard for online shopping!
Off I go to do some research on microwaves since ours died while I was making my dinner last night. Hubby's out of town with our only car until late tomorrow evening and I can't carry that home on the GO train :P

If anyone in Ontario needs to do some online shopping this week is the perfect time to get clicking! You'll get the 10x the miles PLUS the airmilesshops has a 7x miles SITEWIDE coupled with a bunch of stores having their own multipliers running, meaning you can get a lot of miles. If you're strategic about it you could save some money as well since a lot of stores have already started their Black Friday sales.

I need an adapter for the Surface to use when we go to a hotel and I can either buy it thru Amazon (and question if it falls under an allowed category) OR get it from Dell and earn more miles:

• Cost is $69.99
  • Base miles -3
  • Online site 7x bonus - 18 (same as above)
  • Total miles snagged = 54 pretty darned close to 1:1 which is hard for online shopping!
Off I go to do some research on microwaves since ours died while I was making my dinner last night. Hubby's out of town with our only car until late tomorrow evening and I can't carry that home on the GO train :P
Thanks
I just put through a small order via Well.ca
Epsom salts is so expensive everywhere and I need it for my skin especially in the dry cold winter months.
I's on sale via Well.ca
Plus I earn Be Well points (double dipping).5,000 Points.

I think I will get 2 base Airmiles (subtotal $50.43)
but that's X 10 right?
So 20 Airmiles I think
Will I also get another 14 Airmiles?
Online shopping is something I do only occasionally.

Thanks
Hugs Mel

Thanks
I just put through a small order via Well.ca
Epsom salts is so expensive everywhere and I need it for my skin especially in the dry cold winter months.
I's on sale via Well.ca
Plus I earn Be Well points (double dipping).5,000 Points.

I think I will get 2 base Airmiles (subtotal $50.43)
but that's X 10 right?
So 20 Airmiles I think
Will I also get another 14 Airmiles?
Online shopping is something I do only occasionally.

Thanks
Hugs Mel
You only earn the base miles once -- so the 2 miles get taken off each bonus set:
2 base
18 bonus (10 times minus the 2 base)
12 (7 times minus the 2 base)
Total miles = 32, pretty good haul for online, not "Blue Friday" good but online good

• Cost is $69.99
  • Base miles -3
  • Online site 7x bonus - 18 (same as abov
That's mighty tempting. DD 'wants' a new phone before she leaves and I'm wanting to get a new one with a plan so that I can cut out the landline. In our house we are all on prepaid and have been for many years. I'm really unsure what to do for DD in particular. I want her to have phone and data while she's away. I can't decide if I should buy her a phone outright or add it on a plan. Of course she wants the IPhone 14 Pro Max which is hard to come by right now and nearly $2000. That would be a lot of miles though wouldn't it.

Did anyone else forget about the time change? I won 10 am yesterday and 10 more today.

Let me know via PM if you need anything that you can't have delivered. I'd be happy to pick it up and drop it off at your house. (I'm just inside the greenbelt, so not too far away)

Yup, tested positive for Covid yesterday, DH tested positive today. Yesterday was rough for me but I'm much better today.
DH always says take the good from the bad so the good in this is that I learned how to online shop at Metro. Since we just got home and we need groceries, I can't physically walk into the store, I placed an order for $97, it might have included a few bags of cookies to get there but the point is I did get there :) .
So, if I am getting this right, I have a spend $40 get 100 through the AM's luggage thingy. Then Metro has a spend $95 get 95. The order showed that I received 54 AM's just for the order of products.
100 + 95 + 54 = 249. Hope it works out, if not oh well. I didn't have to go into the store so that's a plus.

Yup, tested positive for Covid yesterday, DH tested positive today. Yesterday was rough for me but I'm much better today.
DH always says take the good from the bad so the good in this is that I learned how to online shop at Metro. Since we just got home and we need groceries, I can't physically walk into the store, I placed an order for $97, it might have included a few bags of cookies to get there but the point is I did get there :) .
So, if I am getting this right, I have a spend $40 get 100 through the AM's luggage thingy. Then Metro has a spend $95 get 95. The order showed that I received 54 AM's just for the order of products.
100 + 95 + 54 = 249. Hope it works out, if not oh well. I didn't have to go into the store so that's a plus.
Sending Healing Hugs your way.
Thinking of you.
Great idea ordering on line.... we Airmilers always figure out a way to get a few Miles.
Hugs
Mel

:upsidedow

Sorry you have it too! I found Metro online at first gives weird airmiles amounts but they do all post how they should in the end, so you should be good to get them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter