Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I would not want to add more confusion to this issue, but are you implying that those of us with AM Vouchers, acquired recently at the reduced point "cost" may need to prove that they are still valued beyond Dec 2017? I have 2 5-Day passes from AM that I won't be using until 2018.

So which tickets are going to have expiry?

The AM website tickets or the Cdn 25% off (WDW site) tickets?

Can you post a link to this so we can understand which type of tickets is getting the expiry?

OK, here-in lies one of the problems with social media, it's hard to fully convey what i'm trying to say.

1st) here's the link to the thread where someone first mentioned seeing an expiration date on the Disney website for CDN tickets
http://www.disboards.com/threads/wdw-canadian-resident-ticket-expiry-confusion.3577601/

2) it looks to me that all tickets sold thru Disney from this point forward (tomorrow's increase) will have an expiration date for Both DisneyWORLD and DisneyLAND

3) Tickets you already have in your possession from any source (INCLUDING the CDN discounted exchange certifcates) that have no expiration date on them will NOT expire. They will be honoured as printed, people are still using the non-expiring tickets they purchases years ago. They are essentially "grandfathered in"

4) PLEASE do some form of CYA for any of the exchange certificates you have already obtained with no dates on them. The website still has the term"they never expire" so either take a screen shot --- of a copy of mine provided here but i'm using the surface and not able to get today's date to
show for extra protection you might want to do that!-- and store it with your tickets. If you already have some sort of e-mail you received with confirmation of the non-expiration take that with you as well
upload_2017-2-11_15-18-8.png

and finally: Airmiles is notorious for changing the price point and as in this case, what they actually send us so I would now caution anyone who redeems for the discounted tickets with the thought of using them before the end of whatever the newly established expiration date. Once the current non-expiring tickets are depleted and they re-order from Disney and they WILL have an expiry date. (There is no real confirmation yet if our discounted exchange certificates will be included in the "new & improved" ticket revamp but i for one would be leery)

Those AM Disney tickets are looking better all the time gang! Rumors are floating around that starting tomorrow with the standard February ticket increase Disney will be adding expiration dates to them! The rumored date is Dec 2018 SO the stated "non-expiring" CDN discounted tickets will be a double advantage. Save 25% (more depending on the actual ticket jump) and non-expiring. The fact that there have been reports that they have added a line on the CDN ticket offer of expiration date confirms this in my mind. I would encourage those of you who have these tickets to take screen shots and/or send for e-mail confirmation of the current non-expiration policy to CYA if need be!

Thank you so much for the heads up Donald, I just ordered the rest of my airmiles vouchers and did screen shots of the airmiles descriptions. Not to panic anyone but I find that somehow most the ticket rumours on this board turn out to be true. In the past, Disney ticket prices have usually changed on Sundays so if something changes tomorrow with Disney tickets, I won't be surprised. Often airmiles changes come shortly after, sometimes when the current tickets run out.

I was holding out for miles for the 7 day tickets, just short a few miles, decided wasn't worth the risk.

I used my booklet coupons at Sobeys today, used four and was supposed to get 25 bonus am for using 4 in one transaction. Well I didn't, cashier was the head cashier that handles all the issues, she said you are supposed to get them on the receipt (all four coupons went through fine, just no bonus). Said to call myoffers, which I did and had the airmiles added with no questions asked. The customer service person at myoffers confirmed the bonus miles are supposed to be on the receipt. Just a heads up.

I used my booklet coupons at Sobeys today, used four and was supposed to get 25 bonus am for using 4 in one transaction. Well I didn't, cashier was the head cashier that handles all the issues, she said you are supposed to get them on the receipt (all four coupons went through fine, just no bonus). Said to call myoffers, which I did and had the airmiles added with no questions asked. The customer service person at myoffers confirmed the bonus miles are supposed to be on the receipt. Just a heads up.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll call (did you call Sobey's or Airmiles?). I have no idea what my cashier was doing but he made a horrible mess of the entire transaction. He was the nicest kid and I felt bad for him. 8 items and he just kept scanning the coupons and erasing things and manually adjusting things and going back over it all and muttering to himself. I didn't get the 25 miles and I am pretty sure I was overcharged by about $8 but I don't ever want to deal with that receipt again. It's as long as my arm for 8 items. By the time he was done I just paid and ran:rotfl:.

The 25 definitely aren't on the receipt though.

Update.. I found the number for My Offers and called and they said I should call airmiles or deal with the customer service desk but they would give me the 25 goodwill miles.

Service desk at my store is completely useless and will only tell me that you have to come during the day on a weekday to see a manager. And last time I called Airmiles about one of their bonus miles not crediting they tried to tell me to wait the 90 days or whatever it is even though everyone else got their miles on their receipts.
So all's well I suppose but this program seems to have gotten harder and harder to deal with lately.

For those of you who have redeemed AirMiles for the discounted WDW tickets: what is the date printed in the bottom corner of the certificate? I received tickets earlier this week (woo!) and noticed the date. The date on my certificates has already passed, so I was guessing it was the date of issue by Disney, but I'm wondering if now that we're anticipating expiry dates it might mean something else?

Update.. I found the number for My Offers and called and they said I should call airmiles or deal with the customer service desk but they would give me the 25 goodwill miles.

Service desk at my store is completely useless and will only tell me that you have to come during the day on a weekday to see a manager. And last time I called Airmiles about one of their bonus miles not crediting they tried to tell me to wait the 90 days or whatever it is even though everyone else got their miles on their receipts.
So all's well I suppose but this program seems to have gotten harder and harder to deal with lately.

lol, too funny, I was told the same thing, I wonder if we talked to the same guy on the phone. My Sobeys' cashier IS the customer service desk, if I walked over to it, they would page her to come. She wrote 1-844-894-3337 on my receipt and said call MyOffers. She is very good, in the fall she called me at home to followed up after I left the store and named every cheese included in the STB promo, but said pick any one you want and we will ring in ones that work so you get the points.

I get why myoffers wants the stores to handle it, they can look at the receipt. I believe with Shoppers Drug Mart, anything adjusted in the store gets charged back to the store, so if Sobeys works this way as well, I can see why they aren't handling it in-store.

I'm glad you got your points.

lol, too funny, I was told the same thing, I wonder if we talked to the same guy on the phone. My Sobeys' cashier IS the customer service desk, if I walked over to it, they would page her to come. She wrote 1-844-894-3337 on my receipt and said call MyOffers. She is very good, in the fall she called me at home to followed up after I left the store and named every cheese included in the STB promo, but said pick any one you want and we will ring in ones that work so you get the points.

I get why myoffers wants the stores to handle it, they can look at the receipt. I believe with Shoppers Drug Mart, anything adjusted in the store gets charged back to the store, so if Sobeys works this way as well, I can see why they aren't handling it in-store.

I'm glad you got your points.
I think it was Andre maybe? Poor guy lol.

For those of you who have redeemed AirMiles for the discounted WDW tickets: what is the date printed in the bottom corner of the certificate? I received tickets earlier this week (woo!) and noticed the date. The date on my certificates has already passed, so I was guessing it was the date of issue by Disney, but I'm wondering if now that we're anticipating expiry dates it might mean something else?

I have Jan 19, 2017. I ordered Jan 29, 2017. I think it's probably good that there is a date (well as long as it's before Feb 12 lol).

Husband tells me not to worry about ticket changes, we always adjust. If we can't add hoppers without it costing a lot, we just won't. If we can't cash in airmiles ahead anymore, again, we won't.

I have Jan 19, 2017. I ordered Jan 29, 2017. I think it's probably good that there is a date (well as long as it's before Feb 12 lol).

Husband tells me not to worry about ticket changes, we always adjust. If we can't add hoppers without it costing a lot, we just won't. If we can't cash in airmiles ahead anymore, again, we won't.

yes, good point! I've gone back and taken a screen shot of the air miles page right now (where it mentions no expiry), plus I ordered my tickets last month and the date on them is Dec 2016. Hopefully that's enough evidence that the tickets are from before any expiry dates. I know these boards can cause us to make mountains out of what might-tomorrow-be-a-molehill!

Your approach sounds like a good one! We've always used hoppers (and we hop almost every day) but the savings were just too good to pass up--if we have to make a non-hopping trip work, at least we'll be in Disney!

I just ordered 4 adult 7 day WDW tickets through AM as well. Took screen shots of the Overview and Terms and Conditions during the purchase as proof there was no mention of any type of expiry date for tickets when I made the purchase. Here's hoping anyways...

I used my booklet coupons at Sobeys today, used four and was supposed to get 25 bonus am for using 4 in one transaction.

I used four offers and didn't get the 25 miles on my receipt as well. Thank goodness my local sobeys is awesome at giving me missed miles. They literally just swipe my card and give me what I'm missing.

Well the 25 miles that he was supposed to award me when I called last night aren't there either.:headache:

As for the ticket expiry. I've been ordering them as I earn enough miles. So one of my tickets is 06/16, one is 12/16 and one is 01/17. I'll be ordering one more before we go so it will fall under the new expiry rules. I am not anticipating any problems. The ones I ordered prior to this new policy are non expiring, and I'm not anticipating an issue. All will be used by August.

So a little off topic. My local Sobeys is having a big promo for AM. They have parked a full trailer and pop up tent that extends into handicap parking. On a snow day like today my neighbours that need those spots cant use them. I spoke direct with the AM reps, which are just reps and have no pull as to why they are set up there. And the store manager of the day, again she apparently had not even been outside to see the set. (not sure how she got to work today) They both brushed it off as not big deal, but will make note of it for future. Did not get upset, because these people cant do anytthing right now about it. But did email head office about it, and called town bylaw services, so hopefully ticket coming soon.
They were promoting great deals that you can pay either with your dream miles or cash and collect them right now from the truck. Nothing really good, and they say its at least 50%off. example a 40inch Hisense tv for $250. Or 2500am not a deal for a cheap made tv. There were some small appliances and some necklaces. Nothing looked like a great deal.
So strike out with the whole promo thing.
Hmm should call the local paper to get them to take pics of parking, yea.

I'm so confused, when this has happened to me and I went to Customer Service they tell me that I should take it up with My Offers. When I call My Offers they tell me to wait or call Airmiles (which you have to wait 120 days before doing). Round and round the circle I go. Good thing was the miles did show up a few weeks later all on their own. I feel your pain.

So a little off topic. My local Sobeys is having a big promo for AM. They have parked a full trailer and pop up tent that extends into handicap parking. On a snow day like today my neighbours that need those spots cant use them. I spoke direct with the AM reps, which are just reps and have no pull as to why they are set up there. And the store manager of the day, again she apparently had not even been outside to see the set. (not sure how she got to work today) They both brushed it off as not big deal, but will make note of it for future. Did not get upset, because these people cant do anytthing right now about it. But did email head office about it, and called town bylaw services, so hopefully ticket coming soon.
They were promoting great deals that you can pay either with your dream miles or cash and collect them right now from the truck. Nothing really good, and they say its at least 50%off. example a 40inch Hisense tv for $250. Or 2500am not a deal for a cheap made tv. There were some small appliances and some necklaces. Nothing looked like a great deal.
So strike out with the whole promo thing.
Hmm should call the local paper to get them to take pics of parking, yea.
We listen to CHFI and they were broadcasting from that store yesterday and i thought to myself "Can't wait to hear from @mort1331 the REAL story of this "amazing event" I sure hope you did follow thru and call the paper, that's not good!!

UPDATE: Remember when I posted about the email I got from Air Miles that said I needed to earn 400 AM in the month of December to earn Onyx status but then after I had earned my AM read the terms and conditions that said it had to be base miles. I was disappointed because I had shopped specifically for the bonus offers and in the month of December actually earned 515 AM....while I was disappointed, it my was my fault for not reading the terms and conditions.

Well, I just checked my Air Miles account and I am now ONYX until March 31, 2019!!!!!!

So I guess AM just looked at the total AM collected in December and not whether they are base or bonus...

UPDATE: Remember when I posted about the email I got from Air Miles that said I needed to earn 400 AM in the month of December to earn Onyx status but then after I had earned my AM read the terms and conditions that said it had to be base miles. I was disappointed because I had shopped specifically for the bonus offers and in the month of December actually earned 515 AM....while I was disappointed, it my was my fault for not reading the terms and conditions.

Well, I just checked my Air Miles account and I am now ONYX until March 31, 2019!!!!!!

So I guess AM just looked at the total AM collected in December and not whether they are base or bonus...

Thank you for posting, I'm now onyx as well, same email but didn't put it together. I saw onyx on my account yesterday but was waiting for them to change back the error lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter